Converter to use Line6 FBV Boards with the KPA

• Every button can be assigned to any function... you could use the Tap button for a 5th preset e.g. :)

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• Ok, now it sounds even more interesting. I would love to get my trusty shortboard (the older non-USB-one) to work with the Kemper, especially as it doesn't seem to be possible to make my Pod HD 500 Performance-Mode-compatible. I appreciate your fast answer! Thank you!

• Hi folks. I'm looking at picking up a Kemper soon, and would definitely prefer using a Shortboard over the FCB1010. A couple of questions:

- At this point, are you aware of any issues with using the Shortboard to control the KPA? Anything the KPA can do that the Shortboard won't control properly?
    - The Shortboard mkII has an expression pedal input. Will that still work with the KPA through your translator?

Cheers.

• - At this point, are you aware of any issues with using the Shortboard to control the KPA? Anything the KPA can do that the Shortboard won't control properly?

Nope, everything is working fine :)

- The Shortboard mkII has an expression pedal input. Will that still work with the KPA through your translator?

I didn't test it... but it should work! If not... we can make it work with your input ;)

Biggest problem right now is to find out how to sell the pcb boards... even as a kit there are some laws in germany that make it extremely hard when you only sell some. Maybe someone knows a good solution :) ?

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

Edited once, last by mDan ().

• Biggest problem right now is to find out how to sell the pcb boards... even as a kit there are some laws in germany that make it extremely hard when you only sell some. Maybe someone knows a good solution :) ?

Would it be possible to work with someone outside of Germany to "sell" them, with you acting as a contract manufacturer? Technically, you wouldn't be selling them to the public, but would be custom manufacturing them for a company/person outside Germany. That company/person could then sell to the public. The company/person can sell them in batches based on pre-orders and you can manufacture and ship them in matching batches. Not knowing German law, I don't know if this would fly there, but I'm pretty sure it would fly here in the U.S.A.

One other question I have is would this work with the long board too? I happen to have one of them.

• Are these available for sale now? They sound really interesting.

Thanks

PRS Singlecuts
    Kemper PowerHead/Remote

Quote from skoczy

When you turn the knob on KPA, you wake up the captured souls of tube amps living inside.

• One other question I have is would this work with the long board too? I happen to have one of them.

Works with all Line6 Board with a Ethernet connector :)
    Regarding distribution there will be some news the next days/weeks ... stay curious ;)

• There will be a new run of PCBs soon. We just don't figured out yet how to sell those (w/o legal trouble) - german laws are a little.... strict X(

• I still use my AXE-FX Standard. And i would use the Shortboard with both, the Kemper and the AXE-FX (not simultaneously).
    I think, for this purpose i would need both, a KempLine and an AxeLine converter. Right?

An alternative to this all would be a gordius Little Giant or a Liquid Foot +12. (Behringer is definitely not my choice) But that gear isn't cheap... (500-600 Euros, grandma would have to knit a very long time for it...)

Other alternatives? As said, i want to use the controller with both, the AXE and the Kemper.

• Is there a way to buy the converter or buy the parts and do it your self.. just bougt a kemper and a line6 shortbourd but need the converter.
    I have PM Dan but no response..
    please help.