Top Jimi: "Brown Sound" Pack is Out Now

• Fricking awesome !

But, instead of looking for VH sound, I actually trapped on AC/DC,Paul Gilbert , etc - perfect Marshall sound I was looking for ...

exactly that! Not particularly VH sound I'm in search for even if I love it but a splendid Marshall sound!!

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• Van Halen started playing at 12 and also started drinking at 12, with the new woman in his life he has now been sober for years and i quote "now dont have to lie to myself any more". Since i am not Van Halen i can still drink beer and enjoy this pack :D

Thanks for the tips on the Extra sounds guys.

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

Edited once, last by ashtweth ().

• Wow, fender1971, great playing! Which profile were you using?

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Hi guys!

Thanks a million for your kind compliments! The very first part is the 1984 model, other two are the VH1 amp. The pickup is a Seymour Duncan Custom Custom.

These amps are really inspiring, so well done, just plug and play! Keep up the GREAT work, Jimi.

Cheers,
    - G

• Hi guys,

Still loving these amps! just tested the sound jamming a bit using the Kemper on both guitar (Top Jimi Diver Down preset) and bass guitar (Sire fretless on Michael Wagener´s Trace Elliot Amp). I like the bass sound too.. thoughts?

Cheers.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• You nailed it. Best brown sound i ever heard out of the box. Cool fx settings too and your hint with + and - 0.3 on treblek and presence ( depending on the pu's which are used) is great.
    Got a new peavy wolgang special and cant stop playing. Pure fun.

Thx for these gems!

• You nailed it. Best brown sound i ever heard out of the box. Cool fx settings too and your hint with + and - 0.3 on treblek and presence ( depending on the pu's which are used) is great.Got a new peavy wolgang special and cant stop playing. Pure fun.

Thx for these gems!

I must have a really dark guitar (Ernie Ball Silhouette Special), i'll have to try these settings you mentioned. I thought they sounded pretty good, but comparing my recording to the one on Jimi's site, or the youtube video review, mine sounds really dark and not nearly as good.

• I must have a really dark guitar (Ernie Ball Silhouette Special), i'll have to try these settings you mentioned. I thought they sounded pretty good, but comparing my recording to the one on Jimi's site, or the youtube video review, mine sounds really dark and not nearly as good.

Than the definition is your friend.

Try this:

Definition at 10 for the VH1 Sound

reduce bass and mids a little and increase treble and presence to your likes.

I play it with my Peavy evh wolfgang with no tweaks and i have to pimp it up with hights and presence up to +0,4 for my Gibson.
    Strange, i dont know how dark the MM sounds. I play a MM Petrucci Majesty. This one is not to dark, for the majesty i have to reduce treble and presence because of the high output pu's.

Heres an example, may a little to bassy, but punchy ;)

• Thanks will give it a try. I'm not sure how they are recording with this much level as well unless they are using compression/limiting after they record. Whenever i try to get a lot of level out of the kemper with no in the box eq/compression/etc the low end sends the meters through the roof. I noticed your clip as well was not nearly the same loudness as Jimi's original clip or the user demo one on his site.

• Thanks will give it a try. I'm not sure how they are recording with this much level as well unless they are using compression/limiting after they record. Whenever i try to get a lot of level out of the kemper with no in the box eq/compression/etc the low end sends the meters through the roof. I noticed your clip as well was not nearly the same loudness as Jimi's original clip or the user demo one on his site.

i have my main outs at -18,5 and the input in my interface just a little before clipping leds light on.