Wireless G10 vs G30

• can anyone comment as to wether or not there is any difference tonally. Like some of the simple plug playability of the G10 like the included rechargeable batteries but would not want to sacrifice my tone. I've never used a wireless..range probably not that big a deal for my use if the g10 is 50 ft

• Can't comment on the G30 as I never used a wireless before the recent purchase of a G10.
    I tried a couple of them many years ago and didn't like the sound compared to a cable.

Decided to give it another shot 2 months ago when the G10 was released (simplicity and convenience of setup were the trigger) and was very positively surprised - the sound and feel is almost identical to my 5m Sommer xxl cable (if anything the G10 seems to add a very slight topend compared to my Sommer cable - which is easy to tweak).

Cheers,
    Wolf

• The G30 has longer range, slightly better dynamic range and offers "cable tone" which gives you the ability to darken your tone a bit, versus the brighter fixed tone on the G10. Also the G10 can only use one transmitter.

The G10 is great for ease of use, the small transmitter and rechargeable battery.

• Thanks to everyone who commented.. Think I will give the G10 a go. I like the simplicity and rechargeable setup but would not want to sacrifice on tone. Easy enough to remove a little top end if needed.

• The G30 has longer range, slightly better dynamic range and offers "cable tone" which gives you the ability to darken your tone a bit, versus the brighter fixed tone on the G10. Also the G10 can only use one transmitter.

The G10 is great for ease of use, the small transmitter and rechargeable battery.

drog Im now considering swapping the g10 for the g30 due to being incompatible with my acoustic unless I modify to work like the g30 anyway. i wanted to ask your experience on the difference tonally. you mention slightly better dynamic range though the specs dont indicate this. Is this your experience sound wise ? Also, do you notice much difference or like the cable tone adjustment ? the G10 seems a bit bright and thin for my taste on my current rigs. i know specs are often one thing but dont account for things like the difference in ad/da converters etc

• The "cable tone " will tone down the brightness. To me the G30 does seem to have more dynamic range/ sparkle with an acoustic especially. Though the dynamic range is not that large between them.
    I tried a G10 but went back to the G30.

• The "cable tone " will tone down the brightness. To me the G30 does seem to have more dynamic range/ sparkle with an acoustic especially. Though the dynamic range is not that large between them.
    I tried a G10 but went back to the G30.

thanks for your input.. I think I will just return the g10 which is requiring too much adaptation and as I sort of favor a darker tone coming from the guitar that can be brightened easily at the amp rather than the opposite. Also there is apparently a difference in dynamic range specs as you stated.. I thought of frequency response and compared those.. but dynamic range measured in db is more on the g30

• I use the G10 and find it very good, sounds no worse (no noticeable loss) over a cable. I've used it at rehearsals and at gigs with no issue at all. Only comment that might be worth mentioning is that it doesn't work with my piezo equipped guitar. I think it's to do with the jack socket, it simply doesn't recognise it's plugged in.

• Personally I have no problem to change between G10 and G30 which I do often.
    Also darkening the tone on the G10 if you miss the cable emulation is pretty easy.

Do you have some specific recomendations on how you would do this in your wisdom. some of my tonally heaven profiles can get a bit thin and ice picky it seems now at times.

• I use the G10 and find it very good, sounds no worse (no noticeable loss) over a cable. I've used it at rehearsals and at gigs with no issue at all. Only comment that might be worth mentioning is that it doesn't work with my piezo equipped guitar. I think it's to do with the jack socket, it simply doesn't recognise it's plugged in.

In my search about my problem, Ive discovered that yours is easily fixed with a ts to ts adapter. hosa makes a right angle one if your concerned about it sticking out too much also...

• Do you have some specific recomendations on how you would do this in your wisdom. some of my tonally heaven profiles can get a bit thin and ice picky it seems now at times.

Well, I'm certainly not wise, but Line 6's cable emulation is no rocket science either. There's certainly a dampening of higher frequencies happening. Try lowering the presence in the output EQ. Going to -0.5 to -0.8 gives good results IMO.

• Well, I'm certainly not wise, but Line 6's cable emulation is no rocket science either. There's certainly a dampening of higher frequencies happening. Try lowering the presence in the output EQ. Going to -0.5 to -0.8 gives good results IMO.

I will give that a try... Thanks, I had played with a treble roll off but wasnt getting what I was looking for..