Yamaha DXR10 vs. HH Tessen TNE-115A

• Hi gang,

currently I'm in Kathmandu, Nepal again where mountains go high and basses go low, haha. Being one of the DXR10 lovers for a long time, I felt it's time to add some decent low end punch to our monitoring, for the joy of the 4-string mafia. Now the choice of available active PA speakers here is very limited and the "best" (and most expensive) thing I could get hold of was the HH Tessen TNE-115A.

Hooked up both, the DXR10 and the considerably bigger TNE-115A to see how they compare. And without any further chatter and blah ... the DXR10 blows the TNE-115A in every regard. Holy crap it the TNE-115A a disappointing waste of money. Even if it wasn't "flat", still it should provide a much more physical low end punch (10" vs. 15").

But quite the opposite, the HH sounds like a cheap carton box compared to the DXR10. The HH Tessen TNE-115A got packed and returned. Big big fail. Want to warn everybody of this speaker. It might even qualify for the worst speaker ever built in its class.

Now how do I get a Yamaha DXR15 to the top of the world?

Friendly headscratches from the foot of the Himalayas,
    Martin