Using Kemper as a Cab Only

• I've asked this before, but most reactions were that this was a weird thing to do or that it was an interesting idea...

I'm planning on buying a Torpedo Cab so that I can record my plexi head into my computer with no cab.... and not use my ancient computer to host the IRs post recording.

Also, wanting to try to profile the head plus torpedo CAB silently.

I always thought this would be easy to do with Kemper, but I've seen a thread or 2 with some issues.

I'm fine with redwirez and intend to use them. If I turn off everything but a redwirez cab in the Kemper and send my amp through it, wouldn't it be identical to using a Torpedo cab?

I have yet to successfully capture my amp into the Kemper... so looking for other ways.

(Kemper is great as an easy to transport amp with great profiles, just not my own)

• sorry, I meant line level
    I'll be using a separate load box

That would work, but IMHO the results are going to be not as good, Load boxes change the amp tone significantly from my experience no matter what you use.
    How about just recording your Amp through a DI box instead of the Torpedo if the purpose is only for recording and not live use. Better yet try to use the DI to get a direct profile that can be used with the red wirez plugin to record with IRS.

• I'm using a fryette power station which along with the suhr is one of the best for this

I want to be able to compare my loaded down real amp with fake cab to
    a di profile which I already have with the same IR

I have not had great luck using just the cab of existing profiles

and my own profiling = sort of there but the bass notes (ala chunky van halen) just aren't the same

my conclusion so far is that I can't capture the real thing
    but I'd like to know for sure via direct

the prob is that I'd like to hear it as I record it
    my computer is old and can not handle an IR for live monitoring

so far, my plan is to buy the CAB and use it for reamping later (sems easier to buy the CAB than figure it out voa Kemper..)
    do the first recording with a Kemper at night, then reamp the di through a real amp down the line

Then I can still have my sound

• A refurbished laptop from Newegg for around $100 is a better option for recording the Torpedo IMHO. If you have the Audio interface already and the bottle neck is the computer the 100 laptop will easily handle IRs + Reverbs, EQ , Compressors etc plugins , more than you would need.

• Gotta be blunt here...if you're serious about recording, use that money to buy yourself a quality microphone and practice miking a cabinet. That skill will be a lot better for you in the long run than throwing money at new equipment. But, I'm going to guess that you're in an apartment or something and can't make too much noise. Trust me, we've all been there. If that's the case, you really need to compromise and understand you're not going to get your perfect tone that way. If it was just as easy as throwing a Torpedo and a load box on top of an amp, a lot of sound engineers would be out of a job. Additionally, out of all the Kemper cabs and free cabs available that were done by people with decades of recording experience and thousand dollar microphones and none of them are to your liking, I really don't see how a Torpedo will be any different for you.

Or, maybe there's just something seriously wrong with your Fryette