Option to use/blend 2 profiles

• Hey Cili.

Yeah mate, this has been asked about many times. The general consensus on the forum is that there just isn't sufficient CPU grunt on hand to handle 2 Profiles at once. If there was, we'd probably have the option of Profiling pedals and placing them in the stomp slots too, when you think about it.

That sort of thing will have to wait for a future Kemper model or perhaps even an optional DSP-upgrade board, but either way, we don't have it now.

Those for whom running 2 Profiles at once is ultra-important have gone out and bought a 2nd Kemper, but judging by what's been said here, very few consider it important and are more than happy for their Kempers to represent just any one of thousands of amps, along with the many modelled stomp and FX options.

Your request is partly why there's been some discussion about the double-tracking effect lately; I imagine that at least some of those who're after the effect would be more than happy to "simply" run 2 Profiles, panned hard-left and right, in preference to the ADT option. For many, this is a wish for live playing, especially when there's only a single rhythm guitarist in heavy rock or metal. For recording, it's always preferable to double, triple or quad-track, and in a case like yours maybe, use different Profiles for each one or some of them.

Sorry mate. It ain't gonna happen, at least, not on this Kemper model, unless, as I said, a DSP / CPU-upgrade board becomes available one day. I'd like to think that this option might well be provided down the track; it'd be in keeping with the philosophy of extending the useful life our our beloved beasties as far as possible into the future. Cheers mate.