Kemper + 5150 issue !!!!!SOLVED!!!!!

• I had no idea about that!! I might have to try it again I guess!

I only read the practical side of profiling, not that. My 5150 was loud as fucking hell when doing this. Might be the issue, then I guess?

• Sigh whatever dude. It did NOT make a profile that sounded like the amp, so it failed in the primary purpose of the KPA. I never said it wouldn't function, but that there was no way to get an accurate profile. I said it wouldn't work to make a good profile. YOU erroneously interpreted that to mean I said, it wouldn't work at all. YOU said you can throw a blanket over it and it should still make a good profie of the amp. I refuted that, then you PROVED what I said.

So, argue semantics all you want, read your own bias in it all you want, still doesn't change that it did not make a good, accurate profile, which IS what I said it wouldn't do.

Meanwhile, as usual focus on that BS, 'being right', et al, instead of paying attention to what CKemper said above. And only a fool would ignore that advice. Or did you not want to get a good profile of the 5150, and prefer, instead to troll post?

• Sigh whatever dude. It did NOT make a profile that sounded like the amp, so it failed in the primary purpose of the KPA. I never said it wouldn't function, but that there was no way to get an accurate profile Argue semantics all you want, read your own bias in it all you want, still doesn't change that it did not make a good, accurate profile, which IS what I said it wouldn't do.
    Meanwhile, as usual focus on that BS, 'being right', et al, instead of paying attention to what CKemper said above. And only a fool would ignore that advice. Or did you not want to get a good profile of the 5150, and prefer to troll post?

Yes it did, it sounded like a Gallien Krueger with a blanket over the mic.

That's the whole point

In theory a room mic or "behind the cab" mic could be considered"bad mic placement" as well, compared to a properly placed SM57 in front of the cap/cone.

You said "no that won't work"

but it did, it captured the exact same sound as I was micing = it DID work. I'm amazed that you fail to understand what I'm trying to say at all

• Fine your world view and misperceptions are correct, as is your incorrect hearing and reading comprehension. Make you happy?

Life is too short to deal any further with people like you. So, I shant any longer.

Me, I'm going to go play and enjoy my wonderful piece of kit, my Kemper. Think I'll even try one of the 'spot on' 5150 profiles.

Enjoy your disgruntlement and being 'right' (even when you aren't) ciao.

• However, what DOES NOT WORK is trying profile with effects or something like that. I've tried and get either really really bad sound or error message

That does not work

Otherwise , the Kemper does not care about bad mic placement.

Your "good" might not be same as my "good".

And my only purpose was to first see if I could get an accurate profile. That was my whole point. I spent no time tweaking either the amp or mic. My plan was to first try. Then when I see that it got an accurate sound, of whatever settings I would have, THEN I would try to further tweak my amp and mic placement to get a better sound. And because I didn't get an accurate sound, then I supposed something was wrong, and remembered Kempers claim about "extract the exact tone and feel of any amp" and thinking that was false. Actually it is, since there's people in this thread who witnessed about some amps being impossible to capture perfectly, but the 5150 should NOT be one, since Sinmix and others have done it. That's why I was so dissapointed when I couldn't do it myself.

Now, I got the suggestion to lower the volume on power section, seems like you had to do that youself.
    My 5150 was cranked to 7 on the master volume, so that must have been the issue all along.

Do you understand NOW? Please dude I want you to understand my point because you miss it all the time :love:

That's the first good points I've read about this. I cannot recall anybody telling me to lower master volume before that, if somebody did, I missed it, and I'm sorry about that.

But you talked about mic moving and stuff like that, compeltely irrelevant stuff because I wouldn't let things like that go unnoticed.

• Fine your world view and misperceptions are correct, as is your incorrect hearing and reading comprehension. Make you happy?
    Life is too short to deal any further with people like you. So, I shant any longer.

Me, I'm going to go play and enjoy my wonderful piece of kit, my Kemper. Think I'll even try one of the 'spot on' 5150 profiles.

Enjoy your disgruntlement and being 'right' (even when you aren't) ciao.I

I know exactly what you're trying to say, man, I know.

You are trying to say that I suck at making profiles. That's fine, you dont have to like them at all. But you missed the point that I didn't even try to make a "good profile"... Just a realistic capture of my "test setting" and "test micing". I just slapped a mic up and see if the Kemper got it right.
    THEN I would continue and continue to tweak the amp and mic placement. I had NO IDEA that my amp was too loud for the Kemper to capture it. I thougth it was a fundamental issue within the hardware.

I don't think I can explain it better than that. I've tried to say that for like, the last 3 pages.

I dont think you want to understand my point, because you simply dont like me and I guess I can't do anything about that.

• OK guys, ENOUGH.

Use personal messages for your arguments, please. This is just meaningless flooding of the thread. @Cederick, if you want help, please refrain from entering into these long discussions. I really don't want to have to wade through all that stuff, and I think that goes for everybody else who's willing to help rather than argue.

ckempers suggestion to lower the master volume was interesting.

I did have my master volume up to 7 which is ridicolously loud, so I might try go back and try again at lower volume.

• ckempers suggestion to lower the master volume was interesting.
    I did have my master volume up to 7 which is ridicolously loud, so I might try go back and try again at lower volume.

No, dude, @ckemper and Kemper Amplifiers are liars. Don't believe them.

Seriously? A temper tantrum? Aw, you don't know it all about profiling.

• No, of course not.It's Input = Output, as has been demonstrated countless times over the over 4 years of the Profilers existence.

I realize there is something keeping @Cederick from obtaining a completely authentic Profile from his 5150 at this point, but questioning the fundamentals of Profiling after all this time, Profiling, everyday studio and live usage by top professionals worldwide is simply overreacting.

As of now, the overwhelming evidence points towards user error or another singular phenomenon.
    To reliably compare the Profile vs. the amp, reamping is mandatory to eliminate the 'human factor'.
    I'm on mobile right now and will listen to Cedericks new comparison later.

Thank you for your response. That's what I thought but some users in the previous posts suggested that a bad micing technique could be reason of the difference between the original and the profiled sound.

Ops! I've just seen that CKemper suggested that both preamp and poweramp distorting could be the problem. I have experience that with one of my amps. It's a limitation as some well known rock bands sound is based on that but it was already written in the manual and these forums on 2012 so... :)

• ckempers suggestion to lower the master volume was interesting.

Power amp distortion isn't something that most metal players enjoy from my experience and that also explains what you said
    "I just got a subtle harsch frequency that I dislike a lot. Everytime, I couldn't get it out."
    I'd be willing to bet that the harsh frequencies you're talking about are coming from the power amp distortion because in the real world amps these frequencies are also heard, those who like them they refer to them as "hair" and those who don't call it harsh or fizz etc. It's a matter of taste but check this guy out and he demonstrates the differences between poweramp distortion and preamp

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by Dean_R ().

• Power amp distortion isn't something that most metal players enjoy from my experience and that also explains what you said"I just got a subtle harsch frequency that I dislike a lot. Everytime, I couldn't get it out."
    I'd be willing to bet that the harsh frequencies you're talking about are coming from the power amp distortion because in the real world amps these frequencies are also heard, those who like them they refer to them as "hair" and those who don't call it harsh or fizz etc. It's a matter of taste but check this guy out and he demonstrates the differences between poweramp distortion and preamp

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Did you listen to my clips in the OP?

I WILL try to go back with my stuff and try again with the 5150 on lower volume. If it fails, I will try to keep calm :wacko:

Can't watch the video now. Doing other stuff at the moment. But I will look at it tomorrow!

• @Cederick
    I listened to the clips in the Opening post and like you said the Kruger were identical but the 5150 were not (very good playing by the way and you would go further if you toned down the attitude), I was just adding that Poweramp distortion which increases with master volume doesn't usually give the desired effect for a good tight metal tone. The individual who made the video I linked to is using a Peavey 6534+, and even though it's not a 5150 but it's in the ball park and might help you in sculpting the tones you have in your head and hopefully you will be able to profile it also.

• If you do like the sound of your amp with the power section contributing to the grain of the distortion, you can tweak the Tube Shape parameter in the Amplifier section to get it closer to that sound, after you've profiled with a lower master volume.

• Ok, sure I went past the "ok level", and turned into a complete asshole and I feel really bad about that now, but that's unfortunately just the way I am. Just like monkey_man pointed out I'm either "pink or black" and while I don't have an OCD diagnosis I wouldn't be surprised if I could aquire one. I have other diagnostics, but I'm not gonna blame my bad behaviour on that. I can avoid it if I'm thinking before acting, but too often I don't...

Not the words of a troll in my book. I appreciate Cederick's contrition here.

I want to say sorry for my previous behavior because my mood swings like a jojo straight out of hell but I wanna wait with that until I get some credibility back... if it's even possible.

Mate, why not say sorry anyway? That'll help "get some credibility back", and besides that, the ol' first-to-make-a-bad-move-apologises rule should apply, no? You stuffed up, so you apologise. Easy, peasy mate.

As I said, I really appreciate and admire, as I always do such things, your honest and self-deprecating admission of guilt; the only thing missing was the icing on the cake - the apology, preferably involving the "s" word.

This might be an unpopular view here, but I've followed your reasoning through the thread, and fully understand where you've been coming from. Your contention that the Kemper should be able to make an accurate profile regardless of the source quality is correct, no doubt, and the "comical" blanket experiment is testament to our beloved beastie's uncanny ability to unfalteringly comply IMHO.

So, the bottom line IMHO is that you should offer the K-Team and Christoph an unqualified apology, and while you're at it include any members who's patience you may have tested, even if you didn't mean to do so. Hey, it's just what nice guys do, and let's face it, it's nice to be nice; the benefits are far-reaching and in my experience even seem disproportionately-rewarding for the little effort it takes to simply "be nice".

Lastly, I'm sorry, forum, (see, Ceddy? Not so hard LOL) if I'm coming across as some sort of moral arbiter here; I'd just like to see everyone be happy, a perhaps-naive but well-intentioned foible of mine.

I look forward to hearing how you go after dialling the power-amp gain back, and then even perhaps tweaking the resulting Profile's amp section if need be. Actually, I'm kinda pumped for you to succeed here; there's nothing like a 180-degree turnaround to make my day! Good luck man.

• May I know what mic that is? Maybe you could unscrew the grill and get better results.

A *very* important question. Especially the maximum SPL it can handle...

ckempers suggestion to lower the master volume was interesting.

Close-up miking a guitar cab at high volumes will overload many microphones out there. The mic will add distortion, odd sounding and harsh distortion. In my current understanding the Kemper will add this harshness to the sound it has to mimic. It cant tell that it is from the mic.

So lowering the master volume of the amp seems to be a perfect hint.

Did it help, finally? And again: Whats the manufacturer and model of that microphone?

Ne travaillez jamais.

• Now I feel goddamn stupid.

I was away with my Kemper to rehearsal and yeah of course, I lowered the Master Volume and now the Kemper captures it much better...

Soundcload isn't working right now so I can't share any clips but eh... its not a very good sound, mostly mid and no treble, but the point still wasn't to get a good sound, just a accurate capture...

So yeah thanks to those who wanted to to help and sorry for emotional outburst, not sure how I can sorry enough by now