Kemper + 5150 issue !!!!!SOLVED!!!!!

• Please!

This thread has nothing to do with tone. You didn't understand my premise.

Read my OP carefully, because you have misunderstood my whole point here. Read again, and listen to the clips (after reading the descriptions properly!!!)

Please, start over and do this correctly.

• I don't really know what is that you expect from us at this point. This is a trouble shooting and help forum... why don't you send your claims or suggestions directly to Kemper customer service?

• I think the tone of your original post is kind of detrimental to your message here. I know it is due to frustration, but usually that's the kind of stuff that makes everybody talk past each other.

A couple of questions, though:
    - How was GAIN and MASTER VOLUME on the 5150 set when you did the profile?
    - And how long after the profiling did you do those recordings?
    - Do you have the exact model name/number of the amp?
    - Is your Kemper a powered or unpowered one?

If you had a reamp box, I'd ask you to do a new profile, then reamp from your daw through the guitar inputs of both amp and the kemper, and see if there's a difference then. But I don't suppose you have one of those?

I can't remember if you said this, but did you do those recordings directly from the profiling mode, or was it later?

And finally, I think you should open a support request from the Kemper website.

• setups for profiling which works for gallien Kruger
    could be a total diff then one which works for 5150
    you have to move some mics, maybe change them to other etc.
    then you will b able to profile 5150
    there not 1 setup which works for all
    like in real studio situation, what works as mining for a fender amp
    could be worst setup for a Marshall , maybe
    my 2 cents

• I don't think op will get anywhere really as he seems rather stubborn. We are only here to help but by gauging your responses you are hostile and it's probably going to rub a lot of people the wrong way (especially since you insult @ckemper directly. Maybe a manual would be better suited?

• I think everyone is missing the point here - this is a troll pure and simple - has been on here doing this same type of thing in a number of threads for quite some time. Doesn't really want to get this figured out, just wants to complain and bash the product and team.

Oh, maybe he is a shill... fairly common.

• Please!
    This thread has nothing to do with tone. You didn't understand my premise.

Read my OP carefully, because you have misunderstood my whole point here. Read again, and listen to the clips (after reading the descriptions properly!!!)

Please, start over and do this correctly.

I can't listen to the clips right now. WHere I am at, souncloud is banned.

I wasn't talking about tone. Mic placement affects what is picked up in the profiling process. Kemper is testing how the signal is changed by the amp, that it sends. And mic placement can and will affect what that info is.

• I think everyone is missing the point here - this is a troll pure and simple - has been on here doing this same type of thing in a number of threads for quite some time. Doesn't really want to get this figured out, just wants to complain and bash the product and team.

Ah that explains his responses and lack of listening. Thank you brother.

• - How was GAIN and MASTER VOLUME on the 5150 set when you did the profile?
    Gain at 2, Master volume at 8

- And how long after the profiling did you do those recordings?
    -I have explained this. I A/Bd with the KEmper/Reference buttons, DIRECTLY when profiling. Why would I do recordings at different times? I know that would affect sound, so I would NEVER do that.

- - Do you have the exact model name/number of the amp?
    EVH 5150III 50watt (I dont know what more is important to know)

- Is your Kemper a powered or unpowered one?
    Unpowered

Yes I do have two Radial J48. But I dont need these. I did the recordings directly through Kemper by A/B switching between Kemper/Reference when profiling.

Yes, I did the recordings directly from profiling mode. It's the best and most true way to A/B record. Now I dont have to say this again haha

I have, but they referred me to ask at the forum... :pinch:

Laziest way of avoiding the subject = calling somebody a troll

I'm serious with this. What the hell. Why would I go around and "bash the product" without reason?
    When the "team" says "extract the tone and feel of any amp", and it's not true, am I as a customer, not allowed to question it?

If they change that text into something that is not decieving, then I wouldn't have a problem with it. It's just shady marketing.

I wouldn't release a product saying it does something it doesn't do

• Ah that explains his responses and lack of listening. Thank you brother.

Can I ask why you even posted here without even reading my reasons and listening to clips? You cannot help that way.
    Since you didn't read or listen, you posted completely irrelevant stuff.

Michael_dk is trying to help, so I appreciate that. I don't appreciate ignorant people not even reading or listening before posting irrelevant stuff.

• In the interest of cutting down variables, I'd suggest the following:
    - Make a new profile of the EVH 5150
    - Immediately after making this profile, make a new one (this will probably not make a difference, but do it anyway!)
    - Exit the profiling mode, and load up the newest of the two profiles on the KPA.
    - If there are any effects active or anything of that nature, remove them
    - Unplug the mic from the KPA, and plug it into your audio interface. Don't change anything on the amp, and make sure that the mic DOESN'T MOVE!!
    - Plug guitar into the EVH and record a riff you are very familiar with and very good at playing consistently
    - Immediately plug guitar into KPA and record the same riff.
    (make sure for both riffs that you play consistently - do it like you were laying down a keeper track in a studio).

This is just to make sure that there isn't any funny business going influencing the tone of either amp or KPA due to the profiling mode and how everything is connected.

The Radial J48s are not reamp boxes, they're DI boxes - otherwise, I'd have advised to use them for the recordings - but no matter.

Also, check to see if there are any sort of output EQs or anything of that nature active.

How is your KPA connected to your audio interface?

Finally, I think it's best to just ignore the "troll" comments - these kinds of arguments have a tendency to keep on going and flood the thread. They are also usually the direct result of the tone of the posts preceding them (eg. the original post in the thread). People react to what they read, and the number and quality of the responses you DO want (the helpful stuff) goes down. To be honest, I myself mentally flipped a coin as to whether I wanted to spend my time helping you out or not due to the original post. I'm not saying this to bash you or anything. I get that you're frustrated. I'm just pointing out that the troll comments etc can be seen from a mile away when you write like you did, and it's in your own best interest to keep things more... Neutral in tone.

• to me it seems you put more work in writing
    bad things about the KPA
    instand using this time to make your profiling work
    when someone wants to find a problem
    he will find it any any and any product

• I did the recordings directly through Kemper by A/B switching between Kemper/Reference when profiling.

Try to record profile at browse mode instead of profiling mode. If I remember correctly, somebody had problem with different sound between those two modes. At least you can try if they sound different.

• from now on only on topic posts.

Laziest way of avoiding the subject = calling somebody a troll

I agree that calling someone a troll isn't helping anyone, but in all fairness even you must admit that you did pretty much everything to elicit exactly this reaction from anyone reading your first posts - especially the very first one in its original unedited form.
    In fact you still claim that we are lying, based only on the fact that you somehow produced a sub par Profile.
    Even when it has been repeatedly stated by various and highly respected members that your type of amp can and was profiled numerous times (it's not exactly a rare amp, is it?)
    Such behavior is unheard of and in violation of any kind of netiquette we try to uphold here - yet still you leave this remark unchanged.

I'm serious with this. What the hell. Why would I go around and "bash the product" without reason?
    When the "team" says "extract the tone and feel of any amp", and it's not true, am I as a customer, not allowed to question it?

there is a big difference between questioning something (which by he way includes listening to the answers) and what you did. I think you know that.

If they change that text into something that is not decieving, then I wouldn't have a problem with it. It's just shady marketing.

again, your failure to produce an authentic Profile when so many others have succeeded means the issue is on your side.
    We're more than happy to work it out with you and give you the support you need, but you complete lack of even the least bit of courtesy makes it kind of hard to take you seriously. You are hurting yourself here.

This is your last chance to turn this thread around and to behave in a civil manner.
    This includes removing your preposterous claims ("selling a lie" "shady marketing") although I did hope that you would figure this out by yourself.

• I may try that if I ever find the energy to bring my Kemper to rehearsal again. It's a 1 hour trip so we'll see. If I had the ability to have my 5150 in apartment I would but it's too damn loud, obviously.

Sorry, I misread the question, of course the J48s are DI boxes. but I do have a Radial Reamp box too.

I use SPDIF to connect Kemper to my Tascam US1641

My problem is that I almost only have "EXCITED!!!!!" and "I HATE MY LIFE!!!!" modes. When something works, sounds the way I want, I'm excited as hell and when it's not, I can spend an eternity trying to fix it, or burst out on various forums trying to get help, even tho it mostly comes across as "trollery" I guess.

• My problem is that I almost only have "EXCITED!!!!!" and "I HATE MY LIFE!!!!" modes. When something works, sounds the way I want, I'm excited as hell and when it's not, I can spend an eternity trying to fix it, or burst out on various forums trying to get help, even tho it mostly comes across as "trollery" I guess.

Yeah, I kind of got that vibe. You're not the first one around here who "work" like that, but it's always advisable to not let that spill over onto the internet - most ESPECIALLY on the manufacturers own forum. Keep the venting to any other forums you frequent. Just friendly advice.

Sorry, I misread the question, of course the J48s are DI boxes. but I do have a Radial Reamp box too.

In that case, I'd advise you to try using the aforementioned method - feeding the exact same signal into both amp and kemper. This is purely for troubleshooting of course.

• Hmmm, how do I exactly connect the Kemper and Radial? That feels kinda weird that I should have to use it with 5150 when I didn't need it with the Gallien Krueger (or Microcube for that matter)