Kemper + 5150 issue !!!!!SOLVED!!!!!

• Well, I don't think the manual says anything about too high master volumes, and the suggestion came late in the thread. Glad you seem to have got it sorted!

Actually it does:
    Page 9 of the Profiling Guide
    You might also run into trouble when profiling a sound in which both the pre- and power amps of the referenceamplifier are driven into distortion. If the resulting Profile sounds unsatisfying, try to reduce the volume of the power amp. This will make the sound somewhat more transparent, without significantly reducing the amount of distortion. The same is true for those modeling amps which offer a separate gain control for pre- and power amp.

• Now Soundcloud works...

I might go back and tweak the amp and mic placement better some day

But this sound worked "ok" for some 80s metal

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

First real amp, then Kemper profile. Slight differences but it's okay, not the best amp settings or micing anyway.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Well done, mate.

Now I feel goddamn stupid.

How very un-troll-like of you, Ceddy!

thanks to those who wanted to to help and sorry for emotional outburst, not sure how I can sorry enough by now

The "s" word... and twice, with emphasis at that. Bravo, mate!

Having been on the receiving end of a similar misjudgement recently, I well know how you must've felt. It'll be interesting to see if the first to declare that you weren't seeking a solution and that any effort to help was therefore pointless, will be man-enough to concede that he may have leapt to judgement. As Captain Picard once said, "Do not confuse style with intent."

I look forward to hearing how you go after dialling the power-amp gain back, and then even perhaps tweaking the resulting Profile's amp section if need be. Actually, I'm kinda pumped for you to succeed here; there's nothing like a 180-degree turnaround to make my day! Good luck man.

Needless to say, Cederick, you've absolutely made my day. Thank you and well done!

The real and Profiled sections of the clip sounded uncannily-similar to me; you must surely be happy with that and keen to capture more heavily-tweaked settings. Woohoo! 8o

Kemper wins again.

• There is never anything stupid about asking questions or looking for insight. Many times things can get overlooked. Just need to be more constructive before firing from the hip.

I do think that what you went through in profiling is a very important lesson for many, so bringing to attention is important. I think Michael_dk should add this to his "frequently asked questions " thread.

• I cleared out the OP because I don't feel it does any good to anyone

Well done. I too retract what I said in response to some of the previous behaviors - you have clearly learned from all of this and are trying to be cooperative and let everyone help yet get the results you want rather than letting anger rule your reactions.

• Dammit, right now I love you, mwinter77. The "made" day has been made yet again!

OK... group hug! <3

Kumbayah, my Lord, kumbayah
    Kumbayah, my Lord, kumbayah...

I agree, @drog, that @Michael_dk should add this potential-gotcha Profiling knowledge to his FAQ thread. No doubt. We've seen this mistake made several times before.

• I do think that what you went through in profiling is a very important lesson for many, so bringing to attention is important. I think Michael_dk should add this to his "frequently asked questions " thread.

I agree, @drog, that @Michael_dk should add this potential-gotcha Profiling knowledge to his FAQ thread. No doubt. We've seen this mistake made several times before.

Done :)

• Yeah, now that you're an expert and getting very-true-to-source results, we want everything you make, Cederick. LOL

Seriously 'though, the GK, Rolly and 5150 Profiles all sounded pretty damned good to me. I can't wait to hear the 5150 after you're done tweaking and re-profiling, man.

• I don't know many trolls using their actual real-world name as forum account name ^^ (my real name is Cederick Forsberg)

Cederick, any chance you uploading your Gallien Krueger profiles for 7th Son Maiden tones?

The biggest issue here is that Kemper cannot profile the built-in effects of the Gallien, like the reverb and of course, the chorus.
    And the sound of the Gallien is VERY different once the chorus is activated. It sounds a bit more scooped and aggressive for some reason... But yeah, I can probably make a few profiles because I've myself looked for Gallien profiles in the past and I've never found any, so if I can be the first (or one of them) I would be happy to share some Gallien profiles with the world!

AND I PROMISE TO NOT COVER THE MIC IN BLANKETS :D

If somebody wants any of my profiles I would be glad to upload them. I'm sure my 5150 will be different from most others; most 5150 profiles are tweaked for modern metal, while I try to make it work more for old school metal styles. Relatively low gain without getting too weak, and middy instead of scooped. Sure, the current sound is TOO middy, but I still have time to tweak.

I use a EHX Soul Food as boost in front of the Red Channel, the amp has the gain almost at zero, I think it was between 0 and 1 :D

There's absoutely a lot of nice 5150 profiles out there, but I tend to lower the gain on almost every profile... And I'm not sure if that work as great as actually having the real amp with low gain from the start when actually profiling it.

Next time I'm profiling the 5150 I will lower the master volume even more, to be even more on the safe side :thumbup:

• Probably best to experiment with the master volume a little, Ceddy. You wouldn't want to dial it back too-much further than you need to, I'd have thought.

I'm sure my 5150 will be different from most others; most 5150 profiles are tweaked for modern metal, while I try to make it work more for old school metal styles.

Awesome, man! 80's cock rock / glam / hair metal, here we come, no?

[Cue chirping crickets...]

Actually, something that'd work well for Toto-style rock during their 1978->1982 era would be awesome. I'm thinking Toto, Hydra, Turn Back and Toto IV. I know it's not Steve's amp, but I really like the way the mids cut through the mix generally on these things, which IMHO would make the 5150 an ideal candidate for super-busy arrangements with lots of sounds and instruments, something I'm planning to avoid but which experience has taught me will happen.

• Slight differences but it's okay, not the best amp settings or micing anyway.

Kemper profile sounds more midrangy with more gain, that's why in the mix people "prefer" more kemper profiles becouse midrange in guitar sounds is a key + kemper profile sounds more tight - another reason why some people prefer Kemper profile. :D

Stay Metal!

• Kemper profile sounds more midrangy with more gain, that's why in the mix people "prefer" more kemper profiles becouse midrange in guitar sounds is a key + kemper profile sounds more tight - another reason why some people prefer Kemper profile. :D
    Stay Metal!

Sounds to me that you might have "Pure Cab" setting turned on globally and you forgot about it because from my experience Pure Cab will make the profile sit much better in the mix, check it out and if it's the case then disable pure cab and Kemper profile is practically no different from the amp.

• Sounds to me that you might have "Pure Cab" setting turned on globally and you forgot about it because from my experience Pure Cab will make the profile sit much better in the mix, check it out and if it's the case then disable pure cab and Kemper profile is practically no different from the amp.

For me sounds not the same that's all :D

Stay Metal!

• For me sounds not the same that's all :D
    Stay Metal!

So how you come sell profiles if you don't think they sound the same? Ok I get it, you make your profiles sound better than the amp and you don't try to make them sound identical. That's valid! But many others get them to sound the same and it has been demonstrated everywhere! I know personally also because I got the profiles to sound identical to my amps!

• @Dean_R again its not topic about my opinion or my profiles why you trying to made another OT? We can always talk via PM email or you can just create new thread "SinMix vs Kemper" :P Please read again who posted this first

Slight differences but it's okay, not the best amp settings or micing anyway.

All what I said is only this " Kemper profile sounds more midrangy with more gain, that's why in the mix people "prefer" more kemper profiles becouse midrange in guitar sounds is a key + kemper profile sounds more tight - another reason why some people prefer Kemper profile." so again its not about Me, my profiles etc... X( no more OT from my side in this thread.

Stay Metal!