Kemper not working through monitor?

• i just can't get the kemper profiler rack to work through my yamaha dxr 12,,,i just want to hear my guitar sound through it...what do i need to plug into...this is really annoying me..can someone please explain in detail how to get it going???..do i just need a regular xlr mic cable??

• do i just need a regular xlr mic cable??

Yes, you can also use a standard guitar cable for starters.... but the XLR cable would be your preffered solution.

What exactly is not working?

Just go from the Main Outs to the DXR12 input... done. Or use the monitor out (no XLR there) then you can have seperate EQ settings for Main Outs and Monitor Outs. Make sure you uncheck the "monitor cab off" option in the output menu - otherwise the sonic experience will be subpar :D

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• ok..there's just no sound at all..do i need to have the kempers power amp off or on?..and do i turn the switch on the back of the speaker to line or mic?

• ok..there's just no sound at all..do i need to have the kempers power amp off or on?..and do i turn the switch on the back of the speaker to line or mic?

The KPA deliver line-level signals on both TR (unbalanced 1/4" jack) and XLR (balanced), so an amp-input or the input to an active monitor in this case should be set to "line". Just forget about the profilers power-amp (if you have a power-model) unless you have a suitable passive cabinet to connect it to. Do NOT connect the poweramp-output to any active speaker. The poweramp will blow the input of any active device unless the device has som serious protection.

Note that the profilers line-level outputs also can connect to mic-level inputs if the profilers output-level is reduced accordingly (-25dB or so).