OS 5.0 Experiences thread

• Thank you KPA team! This is incredible. I can sell my Timeline now :)

One question... has anybody been able to change the pitch of the delay signal like Eddie Van Halen did with his Memory Man on the end of ERUPTION ?
    I'd love to do that with an expression pedal hooked up to the Remote, or even with Morphing...

• a few notes if you're having troubles :

• I had to reboot (twice) my KPA after the new OS install in order to get the new delays in action
    • I couldn't import the new presets, had to erase ALL files on my USB stick after formatting it ( even the stock shared, backup ...) before actually be able to import them . Otherwise it would keep saying something like 'nothing new to import'
    • If you don't hear any delay FX be sure you don't have a lock somewhere especially on the infinity , hold & feedback sync

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I barely scratched the surface but it looks promising ! I'll try to make some clips

• Good to play "Subterranean Homesick Alien" (Radiohead).

• Firstly, a big thanks to CK and the gang. The new delays are great. An awful lot of scope there, and a nice way of updating via RM was a welcome bonus. However, I have a slight problem now. I've just tried to play along to a backing track, and my Alternative Input, and Direct Input (where my stereo feed goes in from my Mac) have fell silent. I'm sure that the update has just reset, or altered some settings on my KPA but I'm buggered if I can get things going again. Any suggestions would be most welcome :)

Sorted problem now :) :)

• I just spent over an hour with these new days and I'm floored... I won't lie, for me, there isn't a big reason to keep the H9 that I literally just bought lol! I can get all the delay/ambient stuff I wanted the H9 for now... and when they release the reverbs, it'll be a total package.

I have my KPA in my rack desk which puts it a little out of the way when it comes to accessibility to tweak these new delays... I'm not going to moan about an editor though. Maybe I can get a rack unit that I can put beside me instead of in the desk...

Either way, brilliant team Kemper!!!

• Finally had some time to dive in today so I fired up my PC to get the beta, then had to sit through a couple of hours of this:

[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/U5B1ves.jpg?1]:cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing:

When at last I could start Rig Manager and load the new firmware automatically (seriously, now that this method exist I never want to mess with USB sticks again, like what am I some kind of caveman?), I got lost in an endless shimmering crystal palace beyond time and space and I'm pretty sure by the time I make it back to the living room my kids will have turned feral and will no longer recognize me.

So many brilliant parameters to play with: Swell, Smear, Grit, Cross Feedback... sometimes I strike a chord on a slightly dirty amp setting and this mighty roar starts rising when the delay kicks in. I love everything about it.

I'm very intrigued by the "Super Stereo" thing mentioned in the Addendum, when you turn the Stereo dial beyond 100%. It certainly sounds very lush on my monitor setup. Looking forward to trying that at rehearsal.

I was just playing with the Dual Crystal module and from time to time, I seem to hear a reversed line somewhere in those pad-like tails (a downward slide turned into an upward slide, for instance) even when the Reverse Mix parameter is at 0%. Anyone else getting this?

• I updated and everything appears to have gone ok. Only had a little bit of time to fool around with the delays - one weird thing I noticed is that when ever I browsed to the 3rd 'The Edge' delay, it turned the Effect Button off. No other preset did this. But, turning the Effect Button on worked fine.

• Yeah, I also got lost in Dual Crysal Delay @Robrecht ;) you Kemper the user ;) this update is groudbreaking, even more than 3.something - the Pure Cab thingy. The 5.0 is the sh1t!

• Thanks a LOT Kemper!

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• I opened a support ticket for these two items

1. During boot up spidif output passes audio starting about half way through until boot up is complete. Not a big deal but a change from 4x.
    2. If you have the effects set for auto load and scroll through a bunch of the new delays quickly, I've had the KPA lock up twice requiring a power cycle to,recover. I was scrolling through crystal delays when it happened, not easy to reproduce.

Love the new software and delays. Thanks to Kemper team for the development work!!!

• So I'm loving it.
    However I found what seems to be a glitch. In Looper mode, have a loop running with the Dual Crystal. Then, for an overdub, turn off the Dual Crystal and turn on another delay in another slot. The guitar signal disappears and won't reappear until you turn Dual Crystal back on. Then, you can turn it off again and it will work.