OS 5.0 Experiences thread

• I had created a bunch of morphed rigs and used them happily with no issues. I went to make adjustments to them (created in earlier operating system obviously) and was surprised when the values wouldn't change! (yes, I tried this with both the 'Morph Button" On and Off). It's as if they are locked.

I am sure that the connected pedal moved a bit and "moves" the morph state slighty off. For a test, disconnect the morph pedal.

• Yea. I waited until the screen showed the backup was complete, then I pressed "OK" exited the menu, and removed the USB stick.
    You are correct, none of this has anything to do with 5.0, and the delay's are truly wonderful. They exceed my expectations by quite a bit. I didn't know you could do so much with a delay effect.

Thanks for the compliments regarding the new delays! Stay tuned!

Regarding the backup issue we honestly are not aware of any scenario, where the Profiler backup process is completed and leaves an empty backup file. Perhaps really an USB stick issue. We are planning one improvement: The Profiler should check if the backup file is empty and report a damage before wiping out the current data stored in its memory.

• Thanks for the compliments regarding the new delays! Stay tuned!
    Regarding the backup issue we honestly are not aware of any scenario, where the Profiler backup process is completed and leaves an empty backup file. Perhaps really an USB stick issue. We are planning one improvement: The Profiler should check if the backup file is empty and report a damage before wiping out the current data stored in its memory.

Awhile back I've had a USB stick with zero KB for the bin file before I connected to the Kemper to update. Somehow the file didn't copy properly to the usb. Fortunately it's one of those things that I always look at when I copy files to make sure they copy..

My question is: if I had connected a KAOS,bin file that was 0kb, would the kemper go through the procedure of updating and cause problems or it would detect the empty file right away?
    Thanks

Stay tuned sounds like that there is again something new upcomming , so we stay tuned!
    Thx for your great work. The new delays are freaking awesome.

• I have definitely experienced some bugs in 5.0 but they are difficult to duplicate or report..Mostly only seem noticeable when doing lots of changes or scrolling around with menus open etc. AT one point I went to change back to a rig in a performance and it was GONE ! I noticed because I stepped on the remote to switch back on my lead profile and there was no change.. eventually stopped playing and noticed the rig name and all gone. after some time and when I switched out of the performance and back it reappeared... oila

• After the Rigmanager update from today my issue is gone and i can edit performances via Rigmanager again

Woohoo! Good news, man. Chalk another one up for the coders...

We are planning one improvement: The Profiler should check if the backup file is empty and report a damage before wiping out the current data stored in its memory.

Amazing. The K-Team™ has been so responsive.

Thank you so much, Burkhard!

• Sadly, installing 5.0 destroyed all my Fuzz presets, so every preset that had the rectishaper in it is now completely unusable.
    Here's a soundsample also

well i love the new delays though xD haha

But if i can't get these sounds back i will sell the kemper because one very unique sound is the basis sound of one of my bands :( i have it also in the troubleshooting area

• Don't sell, Bommel. Maybe we can help you troubleshoot. Can you post the settings of your rectishaper and fuzz effect so that we can try in both 4.2 and 5.0 and maybe escalate this issue with Mothership? This is only if it's not a trade secret and you can keep the profile hidden. Idea is we do A/B recordings to determine if there is a change in the tone.

• true, well i overreacted, when so much depends on a particular sound it is quiet stressy xD i mean there is a reason though that bigger bands always have a backup amp/kemper and so on ^^

• New delays are awesome! I just ordered a Tc alter ego because I missed vintage tape delays. I was also looking at stompboxes voor the crystal echoes and other shimmer/pitchshifteffects. I will sent the Tc back because I'm still in the money back period. Thank you Kemper team!

Thank you so much for the reply .... and I am staying tuned ;)

I will attempt to reproduce the problem. I have 2 sticks here. If I can reliably get it to happen, would you like me to send you guys one of the USB sticks for your evaluation?

FYI, I will be in Koln next week. Where are you guys located?

• Thank you Kemper team for another awesome free update.

One thing I noticed, though, is that after updating the delay effect is now more pronounced than before (I was on 3.2) on some of the rigs that have delay enabled. Not a major issue or something I can't easily fix by turning the delay mix knob down a bit.
    Just curious if anyone else noticed the same.