OS 5.0 Experiences thread

• Those are awesome. Is there any place we can get the exact settings he used for those examples in the video? I'm primarily interested in the first "shimmer/crystal" he used around 1/2 way through the video, as well as the "swells" at the end.

Wow. Anyone want to take a guess as to appropriate delay preset and settings (actually, I guess both delay and reverb) for the Mark Knopfler tone Rubin was getting starting at the 03:00 timestamp? His actual playing sample begins at 04:15. Simply gorgeous. Heck, I wish I had that entire rig/profile, as is.

• I have noticed the same. I needed to adjust or check the mix value on all of mye delays in all my 80 performances.... I think this happend some time in version 4...

Thank you @little_harry for your confirmation!
    I'll have to adjust the delay mix in all my performances too.
    Only if there was a fixed variation rate (e.g. "on new firmware - v4/v5 - decrease delay mix 10% on all rigs to obtain the same delay amount you had in firmware v3"), then the readjustment would be easier. But I guess there's no such "rule" and the delay mix has to be readjusted in all rigs by ear.

• Tritium, or anyone actually, do you know what that tune is at 4:15? It sounds familiar, but can't place it.

I don't know. I just assumed it was just an extemporaneous, but very tasty, chord progression that Ruben Roeh came up with to demo this preset. However, it definitely has a wonderful Knopfler vibe and tone "bloom". If it is actually a real song, hopefully someone else, here, can chime in and give us the head's up. I left a comment on the YouTube clip, asking Ruben if he could provide some details on the delay and reverb settings. Hopefully @RubenRoeh will see it, and post a reply. :thumbup:

Cheers,
    John

Edited once, last by Tritium ().

• I'd like to point out that since the new beta my reverbs sound waaaaaaaaaayyyyyy bigger with the new delays. And, I've noticed a LOT less output clipping , if any at all (I tend to over do it ;) ,sometimes). I feel like when the new reverbs come out its just gonna be ridiculously awesome... I'm totally tied over until then but I wait with sprite-like anticipation :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• I'd like to point out that since the new beta my reverbs sound waaaaaaaaaayyyyyy bigger with the new delays.:

I'm glad you pointed this out. I had band practice last night and when I hit my solo tone, I felt like it was buried in reverb. Something that I've never noticed before. Had to dial it way back so I didn't sound like I was Jimmy Paige in the end of "Over the hills and far away."

• I'm glad you pointed this out. I had band practice last night and when I hit my solo tone, I felt like it was buried in reverb. Something that I've never noticed before. Had to dial it way back so I didn't sound like I was Jimmy Paige in the end of "Over the hills and far away."

Is that a bad thing? LOL! Just kidding, rock on...

• Where are all the people who were saying that the Delays were already as good as the Strymons and that we were asking for something that was already there??
    I guess they are complaining to Kemper staff for giving us something unuseful :whistling:

• Played out with 5.0 for the first time yesterday. The delays sounded great & the H9 stayed in the bag. I guess I'll start working it in for reverbs only in the future, but I didn't miss it yesterday at all.

I did have one little glitch: After loading a MBritt profile that had Remote switches set up into a performance, I found that another performance inherited the switch setup (at least according to the LEDs on the Remote). However, at least one of the switched didn't actually toggle the effect. Weird.

• Played out with 5.0 for the first time yesterday. The delays sounded great & the H9 stayed in the bag. I guess I'll start working it in for reverbs only in the future, but I didn't miss it yesterday at all.

I did have one little glitch: After loading a MBritt profile that had Remote switches set up into a performance, I found that another performance inherited the switch setup (at least according to the LEDs on the Remote). However, at least one of the switched didn't actually toggle the effect. Weird.

Please send your observations to [email protected] so the potential glitch can be rectified in next beta/release.

• Upgraded to 5.0 to test the delays and i hear a lot then about this gain stuff.... sounds fine here atm;

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I had gone to 5.0 almost instantly on release and reverted back today. My Kemper was freezing every once in a while since I updated and it froze 3 times today in less than 20 minutes. I can't have that unreliability, so I went back.