OS 5.0 Experiences thread

• Yes, performance mode. It could be that I added the factory content and my Kemper is now bursting at the seams with content. I really need to spend time tweaking, adding some new sounds to my live palette and removing rigs that I am not using. Time is not a luxury I have at the moment which is really frustrating!

• Does anyone find the Store Snapshot option

Quote from Reference manual (page 18):
    Snapshots
    Snapshots are copies of entire Rigs, which you can capture by simply pushing the soft button “Store Snapshot” on the regular Play Screen while you are tweaking your sound. Snapshots are stored outside of your Browse Pool.
    On the “Details” page in the Rig Settings the soft button “Browse Snapshots” allows to open a list of all Snapshots. Here you can easily compare sounds. Use the BROWSE knob to select one Snapshot from that list, which you can load, delete or store as Rig in your Browse Pool.
    Unquote

Use soft button 4 at the main screen. I use it hardly because there seemed no possibility to give a name ore any other description.

Edited once, last by Sharry ().

• I don't see why it's only available in Browse mode and not in Performance mode... too bad.

Well for me its not so bad.
    Could be that it is caused by history, structure of the storage and saving resources.
    At first there was only the Rig Pool with its rigstorage and Edit storage.
    I assume that the snap shot function was earlier as the performance mode and needed to use an own part the storage..

The performance mode comes later. It should give the possibility to have an easy structure the given rigs for performances and it doubled the storage places for rigs.
    The normal approach is to make your rigs in the rigpool and collect them in the perfomances with possibilities to edit and the possibilty to use the same Rig with different parameter in the performance mode..
    It would not have a practical value (exept maybe some comfort) to install an editionel edit storage for snapshots of profiles in the performances which also can be tweaked in the Browser mode. For me it would be like a waste of resources.

I think to know how it works helps to work with.

• Interesting.

I got my Kemper in 2013. By that time, I had performance mode.

I rarely use browse mode. As a result, I am always missing the snap-shot capability in performance mode. Hopefully the nice folks at Kemper can add this feature in the future.

I suspect that people who live in performance mode would really like it.

• I really like the Hold function but there's something that I don't understand:

1 -- I am able to set the effect but when I try to go on a new "sample" (pressing the switch twice) the effect doesn't respond quickly enough (of course after I play the new chord) and just stays off. I must do the process very slowly to get the new chord freezed. This way if I'm playing a melody I have to stop for longer at every chord change.

2 -- I would like to activate the Hold only keeping pressed the switch and deactivate just depressing it, like an Unlatch sustain pedal in a midi synth. Now I am only able to use the pedal like a Latch, pressing to activate and pressing again to deactivate.

3 -- If I use more than one delay I'd like to choose where to apply the effect. Sometimes the Hold on two delays at once gives some artifacts or unmusical results.

I hope I was able to explain myself :/
    Please tell me if there's a function or a workaround for what I would do, otherwise these would be really appreciated updates.
    The manual doesn't say much in deep about the function.

Edited 3 times, last by Danides ().

• I'm on Beta 5 since the day after it was released and did experience a couple of issues so far:

1- Reverse delay on Warm Verb 2 preset creates sometimes some artifacts/ digital glitch / noise
    2- Few moments ago, I was able to switch between delay presets but NO output from delay slot at all. This occurred on any preset in that moment. I had to turn off the KPA and restart the unit to be able to hear delays again.

• Not even connected to rig manager

• 2 -- I would like to activate the Hold only keeping pressed the switch and deactivate just depressing it, like an Unlatch sustain pedal in a midi synth. Now I am only able to use the pedal like a Latch, pressing to activate and pressing again to deactivate.

It was the first thing i programmed into my DIY-Footcontroller with FW5: Holding the Button activates "Hold". Releasing it deactivates it. - Holding it for more than 3s locks "hold". Pressing again deactivates it.

But it would be great, if this could be done inside the Kemper with its own remote as i´m tending to switch from my foot-controller to the KPA-remote soon.

Martin

• I ran 5.0 this weekend for a pretty big event. Just before one of the songs started that I had to play an important intro for, I looked down at my foot controller and my performances were auto scrolling very quickly stopping at 100. I wasn't pushing any buttons as this was happening. I missed the intro unfortunately, the songs started a bit lame, but we recovered.

My foot controller was not responding immediately so I had to bend down to my kemper head to scroll very quickly back to the correct performance. Then everything was fine.

Is this a 5.0 issue? Has this happened to anyone else?

5.0 Froze today.. I was playing around trying out some quite adventurous delay experimentation in performance mode I had a rig loaded. hit the delay module to change to a browsed preset then hit another slot to load an additional delay preset before the amp and it quit responding as I was playing and tweaking some then I completely lost sound and kemper just froze. If I have a chance I will try to reproduce and report.. Turned off kemper and back on and all seemed ok again.

Also froze error here. When tweaking in performance mode the kpa freezes when storing the performance, remote gets dark. On/ off and it runs again. Had it 3 times in 2 hours yesterday but only when tweaking in performance mode. All other things are ok.

Same here. Tweaking in performance mode. (some days ago). Even shut down did not work. With power off/on restart everything worked OK.
    Can not tell exactly what I have done . I think it was copy a preset (delay) from a rig in Browser mode and try to paste it in a rig in performance Mode.

Is it just my impression or any bugs/weird things that occur, happen mostly in Performance mode?
    I can count on my fingers of one hand, the situations when I got unexpected behavior - and I would have still 3 fingers left.

One was that digital cracking around OS 3.0, which might have been connected to PureCab introduction (just guessing).
    Second time I had some rig corrupted, where holding RIG button during bootup helped.

I do not use Performance Mode - don't have Remote, any other switching device.
    This makes me wonder, how different in architecture terms from BROWSE mode is PERFORMANCE to cause most bugs.

• happen mostly in Performance mode?

Yep this is also my impression - special if you want tweak and safe. At a Gigsor rehearsal I never had an issue.
    At rehearsal I tweak maximal a parameter but hardly mixing presets or using other rigs.

I think, that we will have soon a new Version.

• I think you're right, Sharry, judging by this video (notice the extra delay types that aren't in the current beta) :

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.