OS 5.0 Experiences thread

• Anyone find out where the new delays are Ruben talk about in That Rig Show #10 (Named: DLY 0101 to DLY 1630)

Obviously not included in:

OP 5.0.3 Release
    Factory Content 5.0
    New Delay Demonstration Preset Pack

?

• Just experienced a bad bad bug. Dual crystal delay tweaking mix was set rather high both delays set to a 3rd above unlinked tempo and delay 1 time around 479 ms and when I was playing with delay two time I turned it down to zero and a horrid screeching feedback sound began and the output light went red as my heart stopped and ears started to bleed my brain kicked in and went for the master kemper volume as opposed to the guitar and the pain stopped. Turned off delay slowly turned up guitar and all seems normal. This is about all I can recall of settings..rig was an AF4 67 vox ac 50 clean with very mild compression and reverb. I will not be trying to reproduce this but I believe Kemper should. 5.0.3.12660

• Just experienced a bad bad bug. Dual crystal delay tweaking mix was set rather high both delays set to a 3rd above unlinked tempo and delay 1 time around 479 ms and when I was playing with delay two time I turned it down to zero and a horrid screeching feedback sound began and the output light went red as my heart stopped and ears started to bleed my brain kicked in and went for the master kemper volume as opposed to the guitar and the pain stopped. Turned off delay slowly turned up guitar and all seems normal. This is about all I can recall of settings..rig was an AF4 67 vox ac 50 clean with very mild compression and reverb. I will not be trying to reproduce this but I believe Kemper should. 5.0.3.12660

Contact support.

• I was fiddling with a delay in front of the amp this afternoon and managed to get some pretty ridiculous glitches. 100% wet, no feedback, a bit of grit, I started adjusting the two flutter controls and it would give me short bursts of noise, and in a few spots the module completely cut out. Turning those knobs back to zero got me sound again.

I'll record an example if I can get it to happen again.

• Kemper Amps Official1 day ago
    Hiya, sorry, we found that on our Profiler some delay presets from the previous betas were left and so there is a mismatch with the current release presets. we'll follow up on this ...

• thanks for the description.If the feedback was turned up to a high value, reducing the delay time to very short values would produce exactly this - even in an analog delay btw. ;)

@DonPetersen - I don't have a lot of history with delays to know the reason behind this. Can you give a short explanation why this occurs under these settings? I've heard this before too when messing with the delays, but I never would have thought it was supposed to happen. Whats the "science" behind it?

• How high was the feedback on the 2nd delay?

Not sure exactly but I believe it was somewhat high I believe but it is on another page in delay setting

I'm pretty sure I experienced the same problem the first day the new delays came out. I chalked it up to "well, duh, that's what happens if you crank the delay time too short with the feedback too high", but some sort of safety limiter might not be a bad idea.

I had the thought about delay time short and feedback high as well but definitely needs some sort of safety as this sound is all bad. My tinnitus has reemerged with a vengeance

thanks for the description.If the feedback was turned up to a high value, reducing the delay time to very short values would produce exactly this - even in an analog delay btw. ;

I don't doubt it but I've certainly never experienced this with any of the numerous analog delays. Nevertheless, I think some sort of safety limiter or min value relating to feedback value would be greatly beneficial considering the possibility. Also, I'm really not sure where the feedback was set at that moment as it is on another page,,