Share your new delay settings

• The new delays are great, is there maybe a chance to get a guitar doubler out of it? Because with the new delays there are new options to get many delay lines with amplitude modulation, time modulation and changing the stereo field.
    Maybe I am wrong, but a sound tinker is already on working on that.

• This should be included as a SWELL FX preset by Kemper.

• Lexicon PCM70 Circular Delays Preset - Steve Lukather's main delay setting instead of using reverb.

As close as I can get, Lexicon preset has 42% Diffusion (smear) on the repeats, this option isn't available in the Kemper Rhythm Delay, at least not yet.

To get close to the diffusion/smear you may want to place a room reverb or reverb of your choice after the delay and set the Del/Rev mix to only effect the delay tails and not the dry guitar then dial the amount of reverb to taste, usually around 20% to 40%. This is a work around but doesn't sound as nice and spacey as the smear parameter on some of the other delays. Here's hoping its eventually included on all the delays. You could also try some high cut that may make the delay tails disperse in a similar manner to try and simulate smear.

I understand why the Rhythm Delay works on a ratio or note division format, but for this preset would have been much easier if I could have just dialed in 888ms, 584ms and 292ms, but the percentage settings are spot on to these times. Due to the way the feedback function works in the Quad Delay won't be able to recreate this effect, the Rhythm Delay however seems to be the only way to pull this off.

Make sure the TO TEMPO is off.

This should make the delay run around you head in a "circular" manner, initial note comes center from the guitar, then the taps pan left, then to right, then to the center and back around again.

Delay: Rhythm delay
    Mix: 30% (or to taste)
    Low cut: NO CUT
    High cut: NO CUT (Lexicon is set to 15kH, which is no cut on that unit)
    Note Val 1 = 32.8%
    Note Val 2 = 65.7%
    Note Val 3 = NOT NEEDED
    Note Val 4 = 888ms
    To Tempo: Unchecked
    Volume 1: 5
    Volume 2: 10
    Volume 3: 0 (NOT NEEDED)
    Volume 4: 10
    Panorama 1: -100 (HARD LEFT)
    Panorama 2: +100 (HARD RIGHT)
    Panorama 3: 0 (NOT NEEDED)
    Panorama 4: 0 (CENTER)
    Stereo: 100%
    Modulation: 0
    Flutter Intensity: 0
    Flutter Rate: 5.0
    Ducking: 0

Hope you enjoy.

PS Try it with some headphones!

• Hi Everyone,
    This is a settings request rather than a share so apologies for that. I am wondering if it's now possible to recreate the guitar sound for Map of the problematique by Muse. From what I've read elsewhere, the original was achieved using a fuzz, Whammy 4, an arpeggiator and some delay/reverb.
    Now I know the Kemper does not have an arpeggiator, but could the quad delay for example be set to mimic the rhythm pattern?
    I'm not really sure how to start to generate this sort of sound, but thought I ask if anyone else is of the same mind and has already had a go?
    Kind regards
    Pre-Amp
    ^^

• a datapool for delay settings

That's so funny - I posted this suggestion myself yesterday - and it's here!! Thanks Frank.

This section will get overwhelmed shortly I'm sure. As Nicky did with the Wah settings list - I wonder if eventually someone will need to take this same approach for organizing the many different edited delay settings into a separate, non-comment oriented thread.

Gary ô¿ô

• Oh man! If this rig sounds anything like the tone/delay in this video, I'll be pretty stoked!

• That's so funny - I posted this suggestion myself yesterday - and it's here!! Thanks Frank.
    This section will get overwhelmed shortly I'm sure. As Nicky did with the Wah settings list - I wonder if eventually someone will need to take this same approach for organizing the many different edited delay settings into a separate, non-comment oriented thread.

:thumbup:

• As close as I can get, Lexicon preset has 42% Diffusion (smear) on the repeats, this option isn't available in the Kemper Rhythm Delay, at least not yet.

I wonder if starting with the 'Serial TwoTap Delay' which has smear might end up working better. I know @djemass was using the 'Rhythm Delay' and then found 'Serial TwoTap Delay' worked better for a complex delay he was trying to create.

• This section will get overwhelmed shortly I'm sure. As Nicky did with the Wah settings list - I wonder if eventually someone will need to take this same approach for organizing the many different edited delay settings into a separate, non-comment oriented thread.

Frank has that option right here, Gary. All he'd need to do is programme, copy and compress the presets as a batch and attach the file to the first post.

IMHO, comments are fine as well as being inevitable, along with questions and so on; as long as the first post contains the presets it should work well.

I was tempted to install 5.0 specifically so I could do my wah boogie all over these things, but figured it'd be more community-minded and team-player-like of me to leave it to someone else. Frank seems to have volunteered first, the poor sod, so let him have at it I reckon. LOL

• Frank has that option right here, Gary. All he'd need to do is programme, copy and compress the presets as a batch and attach the file to the first post.
    IMHO, comments are fine as well as being inevitable, along with questions and so on; as long as the first post contains the presets it should work well.

I was tempted to install 5.0 specifically so I could do my wah boogie all over these things, but figured it'd be more community-minded and team-player-like of me to leave it to someone else. Frank seems to have volunteered first, the poor sod, so let him have at it I reckon. LOL

I'll take the next weekend to create the presets from the posted parameters and i will share them under first post. Stay tuned

• I wonder if starting with the 'Serial TwoTap Delay' which has smear might end up working better. I know @djemass was using the 'Rhythm Delay' and then found 'Serial TwoTap Delay' worked better for a complex delay he was trying to create.

That's actually similar to how Lukather does it now live with 2 Digitech Hardwire Delay pedals and how I used to do it with 2 legacy delays one set to ping pong with the 292 and 585ms times that are ran after a single mono delay at 888ms, the longer delay is actually the first in the chain. The guitar passes through the 888ms first then in serial to the ping pong 292, 584 but triggers the ping pong delay first due to the shorter delay time, the 888ms delay then is triggered which then feeds the 292 and 584 and then it just keeps repeating that cycle.

You can definitely do the effect perfect with two delays running in serial with smear on, this was the first thing I did when I excitedly tried out the delays, the downside is this still takes two slots.

The serial delay by itself can almost work but the feedback creates extra repeats that cloud the effect in the stereo field. Repeats sound on top of each other on both sides once the pattern reaches a full cycle otherwise it was 90% there.

I'm enjoying just a standard two tap delay set to 292 and 584 with the smear at about 40% at the minute, it gives me that nice slight reverb to the delay without clouding the tone like a straight reverb would do and to be honest when I play live I'm mono anyway haha.

The great thing about the circular delay even in mono is that the repeats come in groups of three cascading in mono as the 292ms to the left is half the volume of 584ms at the right and although the 888ms in the center is the same volume as 584 because its sounding left and right summed to mono it's actually double the volume again.

So it's like: Guitar Note - 292ms - 584ms - 888ms - 292ms - 584ms - 888ms.

• For a thick lead sound, I'm using a Dual Delay with one delay set to a slapback setting and the second to a longer delay time with more repeats:

Mix: 40%
    Delay 1 time: 80 ms
    Delay 2 time: 400 ms
    Delay Balance: <0.0>
    Feedback 1: 0%
    Feedback 2: 10%
    Low Cut: 120.0 Hz
    High Cut: 3000.0 Hz
    Reverse Mix: 0%
    Stereo: <0>
    Chorus: 0.0
    Cross Feedback: 0.0
    Modulation: 0.0
    Flutter Intensity: 0.0
    Grit: 0.0
    Swell: 0%
    Smear: 0%
    Ducking: <0.0>

• For a thick lead sound, I'm using a Dual Delay with one delay set to a slapback setting and the second to a longer delay time with more repeats:

I found those settings a bit subtle for my personal taste, but it was a good starting point. I enjoyed it more when setting Mix: % 50, Feedback 2: 30%. Give that a try. Let me know how you like it. With sooo many delay types and parameters, it's going to take a while to really find favorite settings, at least for me.

Gary ô¿ô

• All of the Timeline setting presets are online. Translatable for Kemper?

Oh that would be awesome, great idea!!

Would have to figure out how to convert Strymon's "Type" into the Kemper's delay naming scheme first I'd think. Then figure how some other Strymon terms equate to Kemper's, but I think it's certainly doable. Perhaps a joint effort would be in order. I'd be willing to help. Fantastic idea.

Gary ô¿ô