Share your new delay settings

• Oh that would be awesome, great idea!!
    Would have to figure out how to convert Strymon's "Type" into the Kemper's delay naming scheme first I'd think. Then figure how some other Strymon terms equate to Kemper's, but I think it's certainly doable. Perhaps a joint effort would be in order. I'd be willing to help. Fantastic idea.

Maybe I could post a sound byte of each on my Youtube channel if there was enough interest.

• Maybe I could post a sound byte of each on my Youtube channel if there was enough interest.

That would certainly be a great idea so we know what we're trying to emulate. Any guesses on the naming question I posed would be highly valuable as well. We could (when the long arduous task is 'complete') then do a thread devoted to listing just the Strymon equivalents.

Gary ô¿ô

• And the next one

Trying to get a good sound for

Ain#t talkin' bout love from the great Eddy

Dual Delay (very short one)
    Mix 30%
    Delay 1 310ms
    Delay 2 165 ms
    Balance 0
    feedbacks 0
    low cut 20,6
    hight cut 5514
    reverse mix 0
    stereo 200%
    grit 2,5
    rest 0

added a flange in slot mod and a reverb mix 44,1, Del Rev balance -82% time 2,2 damp 2,2, predelay 166ms bandwidth 0,9 frequency -0,9 ducking +0,2

Profile: Soldano from Guido Bungenstock

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

cheers
    Frank

• That would certainly be a great idea so we know what we're trying to emulate. Any guesses on the naming question I posed would be highly valuable as well. We could (when the long arduous task is 'complete') then do a thread devoted to listing just the Strymon equivalents

After playing with the Kemper and the Timeline delays, I am pretty sure much of the Timelines sounds wont be able to be duplicated.
    The Timeline seems to add some other background sounds as well.
    It goes a bit deeper than the Kemper. It seems much more fluid and flowing at times. More ambient, if you will.

The Kemper delays are awesome for sure, better than I would have gave them credit for before their release but after having already owning the Timeline I would never get rid of it.
    I personally do not consider the Kemper delays a Timeline killer or even a total match because the Timeline simply goes deeper.

Now if we had the Kemper delays before I bought the Timeline, I probably would have saved the $500 and not bought it. Like the classic "to never had loved" question.

Unless you are a hard core ambient player and you now have the Kemper delays I would not stress too much on buying one.

Once again, I am VERY impressed with the Kemper delays. They deserve a lot of praise for their work. And for free!

• Wow, you're quick! I'm too busy at work...

I look forward to seeing this... I don't see a link to do this.

Are there in your opinion "standouts" that would be best to concentrate on first?

(thanks for doing all this!)

Gary ô¿ô

• Ok here is another, its my personal lead sound that I've just updated now using firmware 5.0 so I now only one delay slot rather than two to pull this off.
    It borrows a lot from the mid 80's LA session vibe, think Dann Huff, Steve Lukather, Michael Landau, Tim Pierce and like on stuff like Michael Bolton and Cher basically any pop rock type stuff......I may be a metaller but I've always loved all that stuff too before anyone throws any abuse haha.
    A trick the guitarists or the mix engineers used to use a lot was to send a slapback delay of moderate feedback and level into a stereo ping pong delay in series, this creates more "air" and a feeling of reverb around the notes. We can do this quite easy using the new Serial TwoTap Delay.

Type: Serial TwoTap Delay
    Mix: 50%
    Delay 1 Time: 584ms
    Delay 2 Ratio: 48.9%
    Mix Serial: -2.0
    Delay Ratio Serial: 13.6%
    Feedback Sync: Unchecked
    Feedback Serial: 40%
    Low Cut: 20.6 Hz
    High Cut: 33488.1 Hz
    Reverse Mix: 0%
    Stereo: 100%
    Modulation: 0.0
    Flutter Intensity: 0.0
    Flutter Rate: 0.0
    Grit: 0.0
    Swell: 0%
    Smear: 40%
    Chorus: 0.0
    Ducking: 0.0

If you are wondering why the bizarre ratios:
    48.9% of 584ms is just over 6ms less than being 292ms which is 50% for the perfect ping pong delay time. I find that offsetting one side by say 6ms is enough to reduce or stop any phasing that may occurring with the repeats when summed to mono through a mono guitar cabinet.
    The serial feedback of 13.6% is to make a slapback delay of exactly 80ms to feed into the ping pong part of the delay.

Hope you enjoy and try a longer delay time on Delay Time 1 if you like for slower material but remember the serial delay ratio will need to dop accordingly or you will loose the short slapback effect and end up hearing a more audible delay being fed to the ping pong, which is what you probably don't want.

• And the next one

Trying to get a good sound for

Ain#t talkin' bout love from the great Eddy

Check out this video, Frank:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Check out this video, Frank:

External Content www.youtube.com

Hey Daan, cool vid. I will check out this pre dist delay setting. Awesome that he used a helix, but for this very cool amp sound he uses the kpa. He has a good taste!

• Hey Daan, cool vid. I will check out this pre dist delay setting. Awesome that he used a helix, but for this very cool amp sound he uses the kpa. He has a good taste!

Quick test with putting the delay before the Stack :

External Content youtu.be

• Ok, done it.
    I followed Petes instructions and setted a tape like delay in stomp slot C in front of the amp.

Here is the result. Crazy, he is absolutely right. If you put the delay in front of the amp, you can pull the mix parameter down to 10 and you get the full delay. Same delay in slot Delay behind the amp is very silent at mix to 10.

Dropboxlink in first post is updated with preset DLY U AINT EVH 1
    Profile= 67 Plexi amp

Cheers
    Frank

• Quick test with putting the delay before the Stack :

External Content youtu.be

Hey Sam, crazy. Two guys, same thought. When you posted your clip i recorded my example with the delay in front and loaded it up in mean time. After that i saw your post! :thumbup:

• I unfortunately don´t have the time to check all these settings at the moment- but i´m sure I´ll do th this within the next weeks.

Thanx a lot so far to everyone´s work- such an awesome forum here!!!

• A U2ish sound, using the Quad Delay.

Just think of a Bono voice wailing:
    "Don't go
    Quietly into the night
    Don't go
    You'll feel alright" :D