Share your new delay settings

• Hi, please share the delay settings, i wiil create the delay preset and update the contend of the dropboxfolder ( see first post here)
    Cheers
    Frank

• Hey Frank,

I don't get it, but those delay rigs don't want to be imported. I'm itching to try them but never had rigs fail to import before. I tried 3 times and they are nowhere to be found. btw - other profiles DID import just fine at the same time from same USB stick.

Any ideas anyone?

Gary ô¿ô

• Hey Frank,

I don't get it, but those delay rigs don't want to be imported. I'm itching to try them but never had rigs fail to import before. I tried 3 times and they are nowhere to be found. btw - other profiles DID import just fine at the same time from same USB stick.

Any ideas anyone?

Hi Gary, these files are not rig/ profile files. These files are delay preset files.
    Download these files and copy them into the shared folder of your kpa stick. Than put the stick into the kpa and choose import. The kpa will import the presets into the stomps folder of the kpa.
    Choose a rig that you like and set delay. Than use the browse knob and scroll until you see the files.

• Hi guys, my fingers bleeding Fuc...ing Cathedral :evil:

Here is my try to create a delay for Edddies Cathedral. Painful...
    It's difficult to get the sound with the kpa, but in the end i am nearly happy with the result but:

You have to choose a cool profiled amp which has the power when you just open the volume knob of the guitar a little.
    I recomment the Marshall TSL-122-Lea amp from Hays (free RM)
    No Gate!
    Amp volume up to 12... yes 12!
    Main EQ Bass -0,3 Middle +1,3 treble -2,6 presence -2,2 (tweak for humbucker bridge position evolution dimarzio jem)
    Than Compressor in slot B Intensy 4,5, Attack 0,0 Squash +5,0 mixs 100% to get the tones near to a same level niveau
    Reverb: Hall Mix 48,3% Balance +39%, Time 3,1, Damping 5,6, Predelay 320, Bandwidth 3,9, Frequency -2,3 Ducking 0

Put the delay Preset in slot C

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The dropbox link in first post here is updated, so you can download this preset (if you like)

Comments welcome, because it was hard to get for me. Maybe one of you has a better idea to catch the sound.
    I think Eddie uses a special volume knob on his guitar with a very short range.

Have fun

Cheers
    Frank

• What a fun sound! Not one I would really need (though of course others might), but well done Frank. You must have such free time to play with all these parameters. Business must be easy going. :thumbup:

Gary ô¿ô

• You must have such free time to play with all these parameters.

Have you seen Frank's setup, Gaz? I know I'd wanna eat, sleep and shit in there, so maybe he just never leaves?

That said, we're all benefitting from the time Frank puts in, so thank you so very, very much, Frank!

• Sam

What Profile are you using on your VH video?

Frank - thanks for your awesome work.

It is a tweaked version of TopJimi's VH1 profile. I'd tweaked it for lower gain and bright single coils, and as I didn't have my Mac with RM near, I tried to undo the tweaks for that clip, but couldn't exactly remember what I'd done, so the original profile from TJ is probably closer to VH's sound.

• It is a tweaked version of TopJimi's VH1 profile. I'd tweaked it for lower gain and bright single coils, and as I didn't have my Mac with RM near, I tried to undo the tweaks for that clip, but couldn't exactly remember what I'd done, so the original profile from TJ is probably closer to VH's sound.

Thanks.

Are you switching the Flanger/Phaser (not sure what you're using) from Stomp 1 to X during the video?

• Thanks.
    Are you switching the Flanger/Phaser (not sure what you're using) from Stomp 1 to X during the video?

Indeed I am! I should've listened to the original before making the clip though, as my memory told me that he was using the phaser for the intro and the flanger for the 4 notes G,C,B,C at the end of the arpeggio like I played it, but of course he's only switching in the flanger and uses the phaser for the solo only.

• Have you seen Frank's setup, Gaz? I know I'd wanna eat, sleep and shit in there, so maybe he just never leaves?
    That said, we're all benefitting from the time Frank puts in, so thank you so very, very much, Frank!

Oh, come down guys. It's pure fun for me.

I like tweaking and to check out what happens when you change parameters and i do it since the early nineties when i sold my jcm 800 and grapped my first rack with an digitech gsp21, a rocktron pro gap, alesis verb and those stuff. Nothing from that time sounds like the kpa today and there was a lot of tweaking work with this rackparts , also with this damned midi shit at this times.
    Today i have the little green monster and after 3 years of playing with it the sound and the tweaks get better and better, but.... and this comes right from the heart:
    I think i never reached this fun (and cool sound) level without the most of you guys, because i learned a lot in this forum from all the ones that post cool hints like paults here and there are also many guys (i only name two here, sorry but the list of helpful guys is toooo long) like djemas who has done great and lot of more work on his awesome free boogie profiles like me here.
    I just wanna thank you all for your work and give a little back with my part here.

So there are no more "thx" allowed ;)

Have fun

Cheers
    Frank

PS: I have never profiled an amp with my kpa because there are so many gems on rm. I have to thx everyone who shared profiles with us.

• Yes! Kudos to Paul, Gerald, R.U.S., Tim Owens, Jevo, Maurizio, Thumas, Haysie, Dan (MentaL) and all the other "big" contributors and tweakers. We'd be nowhere without those guys!

So there are no more "thx" allowed

Good luck with that one, brother! :D