Share your new delay settings

• @Eltzejupp, @paults, @djemass

Frank, and all...

You guys are friggin' amazing! What a treasury of riches. Thank you all for contributing your talents and skill.

If anyone wants to take a shot at nailing some vintage Yngwie tone, than I will be most grateful. While "Alcatrazz" and his first four or five solo albums are the "bee's knees", for tone, as it were...I am also quite partial to the rhythm and especially the solo tone in this particular song (solo beginning at 01:34). Of particular note is the liquid gain of his Marshall MkII + DOD250, in combination with the tasty, yet subtle delay, all mixed with a righteous reverb:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cheers, mates!

P.S. -- on further reflection, if there is any delay, it is very subtle. It might just be all reverb. I give up.

Edited 2 times, last by Tritium ().

• Hi Tritium, i will dive in this evening. I think its possible to create a sound like this with the jubilee amp. Its a bright rythm sound without delays and a cool solosound with delay and scooped hights, played with the neck pu of the strat. I think i can reach this sound when i use the lead booster in front of the amp with a very low tone parameter. We will see.....

• Hi Tritium, i will dive in this evening. I think its possible to create a sound like this with the jubilee amp. Its a bright rythm sound without delays and a cool solosound with delay and scooped hights, played with the neck pu of the strat. I think i can reach this sound when i use the lead booster in front of the amp with a very low tone parameter. We will see.....

Hi Frank,

Thanks in advance for looking into this particular Yngwie tone, for me. I realize he kicks a Crybaby wah on at the 02:15 mark, but that isn't essential. I am mainly focused on the core the lead tone (with delay and reverb) which occurs between 01:34 thru 02:15.

I can' wait! Speaking of which, that happens to be another Yngwie tune: :D:thumbup:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Hi Tritium,
    uploaded a rig called "Yngwie smooth strat neck". Check the dropbox link.
    It's smooth but it has sustain. Maybe you can tweak it a little to the sound you like. I use not so hot pu's on my strat like Yngwie, so maybe you have to push up the gain a little.

Short sound example tweaked Jubilee Marshall:

American Standard Strat, Neck PU Michael Landau Suhr.

External Content soundcloud.com

Cheers
    Frank

• Hi Frank,

WOW!! I Just heard your clip. Sounds absolutely amazing!! You nailed the liquid sustain and the reverb. Can't wait to try this on my KPA, tomorrow. Thank you so much for all your work and efforts in this entire project.

Cheers, mate. :thumbup::thumbup:

John

• @Eltzejupp, Frank, TheDelayMaster - thanks for the preset of Paul Gilbert's Echo Song.
    Now I only to need practice (who doesn't) and lock into the tempo.
    Uhmmmm, how do I do that? ;) So the echo plays every second note? :D Should I use my ear or metronome would help? If it would help, how it should be set? I'm sure you know ;)

• @Eltzejupp, Frank, TheDelayMaster - thanks for the preset of Paul Gilbert's Echo Song.
    Now I only to need practice (who doesn't) and lock into the tempo.
    Uhmmmm, how do I do that? ;) So the echo plays every second note? :D Should I use my ear or metronome would help? If it would help, how it should be set? I'm sure you know ;)

Ha ha, yes i know :P
    Here is a tune to figure it out.
    For practicing you can use the g string 5th fret and 7th fret. Use your right hand for damping the the string when picking. Only use downstrokes, no alternate picking.
    I started out of timing and i hit the notes a little bit stronger that you can hear when i speed up a little. Yes, every second note is a delay. If you start out of time and you get faster you can clearly hear the effect when both (your picked note and the delayed note) will come to a balance. This is what you hear at the end of the part with the c and the d note.

If you get this feel for it practice for 2 years (just joking ;) )

It takes a little time to put the left and the right hand together and to come into this mood.

If you have the feel for it, you can go for longer scales like i did in the folowing part. I ended this part with toggling between c and d again, so that you can hear the timing.

Cheers
    Frank

• Absolutely beautiful, Frank. And very tasty playing, my friend. :thumbup:

The Gilbert Echo Song might be Paul's homage to this earlier Yngwie piece (Echo Etude), in which Yngwie discusses and demonstrates the delay with the volume knob swell technique. Do you think that the particular delay settings would be similar? Cheers, and thanks in advance.

• Hi guys and dolls,
    uploaded a new rig on dropbox.

RIG called "Pull me under"

This is an absolut beauty.
    This fender amp from PaulTS is a cool gem. Play it with cabsim off.

What do you guys think about this sound?

Cheers
    Frank

• Wonderful, Frank! Very moody and atmospheric. Great tone and playing.

• Absolutely beautiful, Frank. And very tasty playing, my friend. :thumbup:

The Gilbert Echo Song might be Paul's homage to this earlier Yngwie piece (Echo Etude), in which Yngwie discusses and demonstrates the delay with the volume knob swell technique. Do you think that the particular delay settings would be similar? Cheers, and thanks in advance.

Hi Tri,
    i think the settings are not similar becaused i hear not one delay with one repeat. Think he uses two delays with some repeats.
    I cant really recreate the swell technik because i have no guitar with a sensible volume knob which works really good for this.
    Maybe you have one. I recorded the sample by picking the notes, but the delaytempo must be the same when you only pick.

Rig is uploaded on dropbox as
    "Yngwie delay"
    Tempo is 80bpm or 830ms Delaytime 1 and 75% Delay 2 Ratio
    Have fun.

Cheers
    Frank

• Frank, you nailed it! That sounds perfect!

Thank you so much for your help and efforts, and uploading this preset (and all the others). It is so very much appreciated, by all of us. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Cheers,
    John

• RIG called "Pull me under"

Wow - sounds great - ( even when I play ;) )
    Thanks Frank. :)
    At the moment I try to find a delay for old Shadows staff - this is close I hope to find.
    The problem is, that he uses two delays which deliver a tripple feeling.
    Hard to explain, but If you stroke one tone the delay come in shuffled 1/8th. (Dam da, dam da, dam da, dam - I would sing to my drummer who can not read notes ;) )
    Im experienting now with 1/8 and set Tempo to 180 for a 120 ppm tune, but did not suceed until now to get a clear shuffled series of delay tones.
    For tips I would be thankfull.

BTW. Frank, is it possible that you sort the Rigs by date/time. It would be easier to find out the newer ones.

Edited once, last by Sharry ().