TC electronic mimiq doubler

• Thats exactly how i have the DittoX4 looper attached and works fine
    Since i have a second Kemper i dont mind that the reverb/delay are in the loop recording via the X slot and Stereo looper setting.
    All as i do is just load up another Rig on the 2nd Kemper and play one kemper with the loop and other with my other Rig that i want.

AJ, you have me thinking is there an advantage to use this over my Morley ABY switch

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• I would not use this pedal with one amp. You'll notice the stereo output on the pedal. The idea is to feed two amps rather than one, as I'm pretty sure there aren't a lot of amps with a stereo FX loop. Try using that instead of feeding a doubled signal on the same output. That's what causes the phasing. If you run the pedal in a stereo setup, it sounds pretty damn good too, much better than sending a delayed and modulated signal along with a dry signal into a single amp.

The idea is to feed either the poweramps of two separate amps or to feed a stereo poweramp. As long as you run your KPA in Stereo (only possible with FRFR), putting the mimiq in the stereo FX loop is the best way to go. as long as you use both outputs of the mimiq into the return and alternative input of the KPA at the same time. Just give it a try, you will love it.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Just picked it up running 2 kempers ..its as fat as my beer gut man.
    Left side into 2 kempers..right side guitar in...DONE...best setting is 3 guitars IMO. (setting 2)

WORKS PERFECT FOR 2 KEMPERS... @nightlight
    AJ stop suggesting good ideas... am already broke man LOL
    Ill need to take this set up to show Monkey @Monkey_Man
    one day so i dont electrocute my self lol..

Running 2 Mission Stereo FRFR cabs....man so i have 4 guitars and 2 stereo cabs..
    its FAT man , please try it if you can guys.

See the Morley ABY switch at the base of the Remote??
    you can still run it into the Mimiq and operate 2 kempers sperate with the switch

Guitar in too ABY ..A and B out into the mono AND Stereo Side of the Mimiq...
    BOTH OUT PUTS OF THE MIMIQ TO BOTH KEMPERS...

Volia.

[Blocked Image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mlgovgd99gtseij/IMG_0509.JPG?dl=1]

Ash

Edited 2 times, last by ashtweth ().

• I bought TC Mimiq today.

AWESOME !!!!

My hookup.

KPA - Direct output

Mimiq mono in
    Mimiq stereo out

Setting :
    TIGHTNESS at 0
    EFFECT FULL
    DRY FULL

KPA - Alt. input, return input

KPA - slot X - stereo loop
    Mix 35% Morph off
    Mix 80% Morph on
    I´m usiing Morphing !!!!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

LOOP OFF, LOOP ON MIX 35%, MIX 80%

• BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT!!
    @MirekGR10

Now did you update the Firmware in it brother?, prob did, now remember USE THIS IN YOUR DAW!!,
    if yo dont have 2 amps YOU CAN USE THE MIMIQ TO QUAD TRACK IN THE DAW....

experiment with the 1-4 guitars setting, i find with metal 3 guitars is enough (i am using 2 kempers tho and 2 stereo FRFR's)
    With Rock, i can go all 4 guitars, into 2 mission cabs with 2 kempers, its just like nothing in this world. :whistling::love:

okay thanks for the settings, try tweaking the tightness ever so slight, i have found there are a few "sweet spots" in there when you do this, now all as you and i need to do now is hassle Anthony to get one of these. :D
    @schreckmusic

Ash

• Now we're cooking with gas!

• Very cool but it sounds very stereo effect.

• Yup, thats pretty much what the mimiq does, in a live setting [or practice room] with 2 amps that "stereo" effect gets you endless woman. Remember you can tweak not just the tightness but other knobs to just 2 guitars to get the effect to your "liking"

with one amp/kemper (its better suited for 2 kempers or 2 amps imho)
    it can be chorusy or have a bit of bastard color in there, i am still amazed he can use it with one amp well tho..

Some of YOUR rigs (6505) sound like GODZILLA with the mimiq, i wish i could record my 9 string on Dan's 6505.. sounds like chords are coming out of the wall and floor (and it not being the beer) every where....tell me that this a bad thing and i don't believe you :D Whats wrong with Stereo ? :P

Ash

• Thanks Mike!
    @mike1601

I am just going through my settings and will post my highlights on certain rigs and styles when testing is done, what did you put your tightness and other knobs on Bro ? and for what style? did you upgrade the firmware? (important).

I am glad you posted that as now i can give Anthony more shit to get one :thumbup:
    @schreckmusic

Ash

• Setup

Mimiq in X slot (loop - stereo) -> two DXR 10's

Mimiq settings: dry and effect cranked. Tightness at about 2 (8-9 o'clock) 1 dub

I haven't upgraded the firmware yet.

I use mainly Cililabs Mark IV pack for my Musicman Petrucci and Larsball silver Bubilee reissue from Deadlight Studio for my Gibson LP

Style is mostly classic rock

• LOL, that is so going onto my wall paper already..despite having my morning drink coming out of my nose in laughter...i managed to upload one of the best settings thats worked for me. (attached) experiment with 1-4 guitars

@Tritium John looks like you have an equally funny apprentice..this place never fails to entertain :thumbup:

Ash

• Very cool but it sounds very stereo effect.

Agree. Nothing that will work very well in the studio. I still hope and wait it will be possible to choose two different rigs in the Kemper. Either to blend as one sound and stereo.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau