TC electronic mimiq doubler

• No difference.In FX loop I am hearing phasing.Better after output.

There is a difference, of course.
    Yes, with an effect like the Mimiq you will always have some phasing effect. Unfortunately.
    After the output is not the right place for the Mimiq.
    In front of the amp or in the loop. Better not after delay or reverb effects.

• I think the thing to remember with something like the Mimiq is that it's better to use in a live situation. In the studio, double tracking is a much better solution.

Here's a track I did with a Deco in the stereo loop of my Kemper positioned at the Mod slot. Right at the beginning you'll hear some phasing. But when the other instruments come in, it's not really noticeable.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• been looking for this thread since I came across the Mimiq few months back. And this is exactly what I'm looking for!1 the soundbytes are awesome!! snatching a mimiq now!

• Checked it out some time ago - did not work for me - not even close to double tracking.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Throwing in my two cents. Seems like there is no middle of the road love for this thing, as people either love or hate it.

My setup: Les paul custom with 59/custom hybrid bridge and 59 neck pups, to kemper stage with digitech drop in the mono loop (placed just after a gate) and mimiq in the stereo loop (placed in slot X), all stereo into a Gemini II cab. This thing SINGS when dialed in correctly... no phasing, combing, chorus or anything anyone else is reporting.

I would say its performance really depends on the profile you're using. I like it for high gain rhythm. My favorites are the choptones Triple Rec 6L6 and MkV profiles. My settings on the pedal knobs are: 10:00, 8:00 (i.e. 0%), 3:30 and just one dub. Gemini emPower knob was running 90% flat.

The effect on my tone is hard to describe because it is counter-intuitive. It would seem that doubling a high gain track would muddy up the signal, but in reality, my chords sound more distinct and clearer. I definitely notice a high end boost, but nothing that sounds harsh, just fuller. Like I said, you 100% need a quality profile to feed it. Additionally, it had the positive effect of widening my Gemini II's field. Normally, I have to stand almost exactly perpendicular to the cab to get its proper voice even when running the kemper stereo through it; but the mimiq makes the voicing more or less uniform in about a 120deg field.

Although I would highly recommend it for rhythm/metal players, it's an effect that should not be used where it doesn't belong. For instance, I don't really notice it enhancing clean channels or shred. There are some times where you want the focus to be on a specific tonal aspect in a song, not the total impression (read "wall of sound").

I'll throw up a sound clip or two in the coming days. Finally nailed Metallica's AJFA and Sad But True tones with this thing.

Edited once, last by 5kold6 ().