Megadeth - Tornado Of Souls Solo

• Hey Guys, I thought I'd share my cover of Marty Friedman's awesome Tornado Of Souls solo. I always messed around with this solo and thought someday I would learn it all note for note. Couldn't be bothered in the end.lol..so here is my own take on it :)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I always messed around with this solo and thought someday I would learn it all note for note.

Pretty much describes my approach for playing another guitarist's solos. :)

Oh boy! This is one of my all time favorite Marty's solos. It has all the bells and whistles with unique Friedman™ touch which requires "slightly" more effort to be put into practicing to get there. And you have it all. Yes, you didn't play the solo note by note perfect, but I don't care. I love your version. I can feel your passion for playing it and that's the most important thing for covering a piece! Very well done! Thank you!

• Your pitching whilst bending is so awesomely-accurate it should be criminal, 'sleeper!

Well done mate, and thank you for sharing.

Thanks very much mate :) I wish I could say it was this accurate all the time. You should have heard some of the takes before I landed this one. They were criminal in a different kind of way.lol

Pretty much describes my approach for playing another guitarist's solos. :)
    Oh boy! This is one of my all time favorite Marty's solos. It has all the bells and whistles with unique Friedman™ touch which requires "slightly" more effort to be put into practicing to get there. And you have it all. Yes, you didn't play the solo note by note perfect, but I don't care. I love your version. I can feel your passion for playing it and that's the most important thing for covering a piece! Very well done! Thank you!

Thanks for the kind words mate :) Yeah I've always loved this solo and I doubt it's possible to top the feel of Marty's original because like you said he has a very unique touch that's so hard to emulate, even if I could get every note in place it would still fall short so might aswell do my own thing I reckon. It's easier that way :)