Morph pedal unreliable

• Hi all.

I've recently started playing with the morphing functionality on one or two rigs and find it very useful. I only run one expression pedal but I'm noticing that input isn't as reliable as when the pedal is set to wah or volume. For example, when set to Wah I can rock the pedal back and forth quite quickly and the input levels stay in sync perfectly, as soon as I change that input to Morphing however the levels struggle to keep up. As I rock the pedal back and forth it seems as the the Kemper pauses for a moment and then catches up every few seconds, this can be seen on the LED's on the remote as well.

I know the problem isn't hardware related as switching back to wah or volume works fine.

Any tips appreciated.

Regards

Paul

• I'm using a Morley M2, connected to the Pedal 6 input on the remote. As I said, it works consistently when I use it for wah or volume, it's only when setting the input to Morph Pedal that things become unreliable.

• Yes it's the second one you linked to, just a passive exp controller. As I say it works fine the rest of the time so I don't think it's a hardware issue unless morphing requires something different from the hardware of course.

• Thanks. I think I may have found whats causing the problem, although I don't really understand why. The only Stomp In the rig I was working on just now is a Wah, there was no morphing at all. I found that if I switched off the wah however the pedal works a lot more reliably, although obviously with no audible effect then. Looking into the Wah setting the 'Peak Range' setting had an 'M' beside it, meaning that I'd accidentally set a parameter in the wah to Morph. Both settings (toe up and toe down) were actually the same (59%) but I turned the control knob a small amount until the M disappeared (still saying 59%) and so far the pedal seems to be working as it should while there's no morphing in the rig..

If I then add any morphing parameter however, say boosting the mids on the EQ for toe down then pedal input once again becomes unreliable. So it seems the problem only happens when a parameter is being morphed in the loaded rig, that must be some kind of software issue so I'll contact support.

Thanks again.

Edited 3 times, last by pauljoy ().