My first gig with the Profiler

• Believe it or not, I've had the Profiler for just over 3 years and last night was the first time I gigged it! I've always loved what it does in the home studio but live use was a new one for me.

The band I was in sort of drifted apart just before I got the Kemper but we got back together by special request for a friend's wedding. We're a 7 piece (vox, drums, bass, keys, trumpet, sax, guitar) plus the soundman plays guitar with me on a couple of numbers out of the 21 we did. Songs ranged from 'Lady Marmalade' to 'Kids in America' via 'Echo Beach' and 'Love Shack'. Lots of 70's and 80's with a few slightly more modern such as 'Forget You'.

We had a full dancefloor throughout and a great atmosphere. The Kemper made the whole thing very easy - I used M-Britt's 'Colonials' for 90% of the set and used the morph pedal a lot. I used an old 50w acoustic amp (yes, really) as a personal monitor for me. It's a full range thing if you give it a line level - it won't 'thump' like a proper guitar cab but to be honest, with 7 of you on a small stage that is no bad thing! To be able to hear myself and everyone else whilst sounding like a melting valve stack where required was really cool and all without taking bandmate's heads off. Last time we gigged, I had to mic a cab and had issues with stage volume vs sounding good. Not with this set up - it was a breeze.

I actually stood the Kemper on an acoustic guitar stand (it fits perfectly) which kept it nice and safe..... I have the floorboard too so set up performances for each song.

It's a shame I missed out on the new delays as they were released one day before the gig and I'm sure one or two of those would have made it on! There's always a next time :)

No reason to post this other than to share and say 'this thing is the gift that keeps on giving' :)

• Sounds like a fun gig, Gary. Well done, mate.

Your experience with your Kemper would've meant that there would've been far-fewer unknowns going into it, and that you'd have had way-more confidence that should you have run into any hurdles, you'd have been able to handle them.

Awesome!