Any update on ship dates to the US ?

• The units were available for collection before Christmas.
    But, Sweetwater (or whoever), first have to pay the invoice, get payment confirmation, collect, load onto a ship, sail halfway across the world, offload, clear through customs, wait for local delivery...that's what takes the time, not a Kemper delay.

So you're saying that if Sweetwater had done all the proper paperwork, paid etc, they could have had the KPA available already in the USA? Sorry but I find that very hard to believe, Sweetwater is very fast at everything they do, and could easily afford to make the payments or whatever they needed to get the units as quick as possible, i could be wrong but don't believe that's what's happening.

• At this point an official response would be nice. The last unofficial report I heard that made any sense was that they were working on the UL certification. I don't mind waiting but at some point I need to decide if it's worth the wait or if I should look elsewhere.

• At this point an official response would be nice. The last unofficial report I heard that made any sense was that they were working on the UL certification. I don't mind waiting but at some point I need to decide if it's worth the wait or if I should look elsewhere.

Look elsewhere for what?

Whatever you buy elsewhere wont be a Kemper, if you want the best then you should WAIT. :thumbup:

• My KPA is somewhere between Germany and the US. I hope to have it sometime next week. Buying from Thomann was not easy. They do not accept US credit cards or PayPal. I had to send money via a wire transfer - lost two weeks sorting that out. Supposedly custom duties will be around $75. I'll report back when I have the unit in hand.

• It's interesting that Sweetwater,(USA) originally had a much lower price, this was maybe around June or even before, after they announced it at NAMM 2011, the price was around $1500.00 us dollars, according to a salesman people who ordered it when they had that price displayed, will still get it for that old price..we'll see :)

• Sweetwater is cool in that regard. If you pre-order and the price goes up, you still get it at pre-order price. When I bought my Variax, Line6 raised the price by $200, but I got it at the lower price

• The price you see there is with VAT (between 16% and 21% in Europe), for export the prices are VAT exempt. In this case the price was 1450€ - 19% VAT = 1218€ + shipment

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Quoted from "squank"
    So, does anyone have an update on shipping units to the U.S?
    X 2 ? I have one on order ,already paid for last thursday, & no idea when it will be here , i was told the week after NAMM. the week has come & gone ..roger

Strange that they took your money already!!! I have mine ordered a very long time ago, but they never charged me, and won't charge till it ships to my house.

• I have mine on order since last year with Sweetwater...per my last discussion with the sales rep, they are still expecting to receive the units by late february (but he really isn't too optimistic about it)...I contacted Kemper sales directly again and I was told they are hoping (once more, the word "hoping") to ship to the US in the next 2 weeks(meaning our units are still in Germany!).
    Now, even if that were to hold true, it would be 2 weeks from now and then another few weeks (for the shipment to get to the US after clearing customs and all)...and another week or so (Sweetwater testing all units then calling out to the ones who pre-ordered one) before we could get the unit to our homes. Maybe by April we'll get to play with it!!! Let's hope Sweetwater has made a big order because once it is officially here, sales might go crazy with the unit.
    At this point I am really tempted to purchase from Thomann (my brother lives in France and he can buy me one to be shipped here) but like most of the US musicians here, i'm reluctant to having it ship back to Europe if anything were to go wrong with the unit. Also in the meantime, I don't mind waiting for some (major) bugs to be fixed first.
    Sold my Axe Fx Ultra so, now playing amps only while waiting for the Kemper!
    It's somewhat amazing (a little strange) that no one from Kemper would just pop up in this thread and give us some update (and clear reasons on delays) regarding US availability. I mean so far, they have been lightning fast at getting back to me (my own experience) regarding questions about the US units by email...
    Anyhow...can't wait enough for April already! :D :D :D

• So, does anyone have an update on shipping units to the U.S?

According to a post on TGP, as of 1/1/12 "ProfilingAmp is in very final stage of UL approval and that's all that remains. Units are built and will be able to ship upon UL approval (hopefully in 2-3 weeks)". So this is the second report that UL certification is holding up shipping to the U.S. Does anyone here have any experience with UL certification, any thoughts on how long it should take? Again, it's too bad that we can't get an official response from Kemper on this.