Is it hard to blow a speaker during profiling?

• Greetings,
    I was playing around with mics and profiling my Vox AC15H1TV clean only. I've read the documentation that the profiling process will be louder than your guitar, but I didn't expect it that LOUD.

I want to profile some distortion tones usually around breakup this amp sounds great, but even at that level it is quite loud (as tube amps can be).

Question: This amp has a Celestion "Bluebell" speaker. Is it easy to blow your speaker during profiling? Because it is going to be REALLY LOUD!! :evil:

Thanks,
    Jen

You know I'm born to lose, and gambling's for fools
    But that's the way I like it baby
    I don't wanna live forever

• I had the same amp and profiled it.
    It was so loud my wife came in from outside the house to look if I destroyed something.
    But the Celestion Blue's can take it. ;)

Thanks for the response!
    I figured as much because I've never read a thread on the forum of someone blowing a speaker during profiling (though I bet it could happen).
    So I will "shake the house" :thumbup:

You know I'm born to lose, and gambling's for fools
    But that's the way I like it baby
    I don't wanna live forever

• It is definitely loud. You should do it in the middle of the night and have all the neighbors wondering if there is an alien invasion happening. @Ingolf - I did it when my wife wasn't home so she didn't run in and wonder whether I had destroyed something! Ha ha!

• I blew two Celestion G12K-85s while profiling. No telling if it was the Kemper's fault or if those speakers where just ready to go. They were in a 4x12 with two others just like them and I was profiling a Bogner Ecstasy which my tech tells me is actually pushing about 120 watts with how it's biased. But still, the cab was well above that wattage with those 4 speakers.

The silver lining is that I replaced them with Eminence George Alessandro signature speakers and now have a new favorite guitar speaker. :D