OS 5.0 and processor power

• Hi folks,

the KPA is probably the most breakthrough and usable innovation in the area of electronic music devices since decades (at least for me). I am deeply impressed that all the OS updates deliver so much new usable toys such as looper, delays etc... and still we are using the same old hardware w/o any hassle. And all for free... This is just amazing.

All the other digital gear I had in the past (AxeFx, Line6, Digitech) required usually hardware upgrades in order to get some new goodies or higher quality. I have no idea at all how long the hardware is still good enough to e.g. deliver also more advanced reverbs in the KPA with the same processor but anyway so far I think Kemper developed an incredible USP not only with sound and feel of the device but also with all the free upgrades / profiles that come regularly based on the needs of their customers.

THANK YOU MR KEMPER and TEAM!!! This is really unique in the industry.

Cheers

Sacapuntas

• I agree! and its all for free!! You buy the Kemper once!.. A tube amp have a lot more expencive maintainance!
    I even have toughts on letting the G-force stay at home from now on!! I admit i never tought I would!
    I had som fun playing with an Bogner rig today and messed a little bit with Serial Two tap Delay! I was right into Steve Lukather land!!
    Thanx Kemper for a realy good and powerful product! :)

• My AxeFX 2 MkII just recently became EOL. The lads over at Fractal stopped the FW updates for them early units.
    I'm not too happy about that, but contrary to this - very happy to own the toaster which I'm expecting to be supported for a very long time. Kudos to the lads at Kemper!

Needless to say, the Fractal lads won't be seeing any more of my money as I don't appreciate this kind of business model...

• Indeed. Kemper has reintroduced VALUE and LONGEVITY to the digital world.
    And this is what sets them apart from all the others, not only profiling, but also their unique business model.

Yep.
    I paid it € 1.450 (well, a bit less since the shop took an amp I paid €400 giving a €600 value) almost 5 years ago and it is unbelievable how this machine has grown in potential and features.

• Let's not forget that it's not just the digital world, but the whole damned world!

Value and longevity are practically-unheard-of these days in the retail market, period. Being an old-school fuddy-duddy, I long for the paradigm of the days of yore's revival - that in which those who provide quality, durability and life-long value are deservedly-rewarded.

Kemper delivers yet again.

• My AxeFX 2 MkII just recently became EOL. The lads over at Fractal stopped the FW updates for them early units.
    I'm not too happy about that, but contrary to this - very happy to own the toaster which I'm expecting to be supported for a very long time. Kudos to the lads at Kemper!

Needless to say, the Fractal lads won't be seeing any more of my money as I don't appreciate this kind of business model...

You might want to go update your MKII because Fractal Audio found a way to continue upgrading them. The new update includes 2 new amps and some modeling improvements.

• Ongoing forever support...

Hardware that doesn't indicate obsolescence...

Long-term business planning going better than expected...

Best amp tones, best interface, reasonable pricing, equity, continued expansion of fx set.

What I like best, and this is an important, never spoken of factor ever before, here it is, pause, wait-for-it: --->

* You can recognize it in the dark from 200 feet away

Like seeing your loved-one after a very long trip away!

• I'm also in Amp Wonderland and had never any GAS-Attacks since then.
    Sure laying hands on a Friedman or other Boutique-Amp is nice but I'm really cured that I need Amp X to be satisfied.
    The new delays are also another big step for me. I owned a Strymon El Cap and really loved the lush tap style delays. These are coequal to me. >> Happy.

• First off, new user here. I love my Kemper and updates are wonderful!

But... how long can they keep up with just software updates? I wonder/worry how much of the DSP power it's currently using up, since it has to run out at some point... eek.

I understand that since it isn't based on a "modeling" technology, so the processing needs are smaller. But now going into the effects and such, is there sufficient power to keep growing? How many more years? I just bought it, so I worry about the sudden depreciation if they do decide a hardware update.

Edited once, last by yeky83 ().

But... how long can they keep up with just software updates? I wonder/worry how much of the DSP power it's currently using up, since it has to run out at some point... eek.

I understand that since it isn't based on a "modeling" technology, so the processing needs are smaller. But now going into the effects and such, is there sufficient power to keep growing? How many more years? I just bought it, so I worry about the sudden depreciation if they do decide a hardware update.

Would you worry about such things if you bought a tube amp? The tones are there, and they are outstanding. What more do you need?

Oh, and welcome to the forum :thumbup:

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I suspect that Reverb will be only it's current slot. Not like allowing multiple delays. It would be interesting IF they allowed you to move it around, but if it's in slot 8 still few will complain.

So assuming the unit can handle various types of Reverbs, no new affect should be drastically different than past effects. So offering new TYPES of effects won't tax much more than the size of the algorithm in programming space, right?

I wouldn't worry about it. Kemper wouldn't say they're going to do something and have gotten it wrong on the ability to do so. The ability here has more to do with programming implementation than hardware. People capital, not electronics.

Efficient coding will go a long way to getting the most out of the units DSP horsepower.

• Efficient coding will go a long way to getting the most out of the units DSP horsepower.

Yep. More and better reverbs might pull more horse power than the delays, though. On the other hand: the Kemper handles the pitch-shifting stuff so easily. On top the whole thing is really stable. Looks like these guys are *very* skilled. Thats why I am quite relaxed.

Ne travaillez jamais.

• I suspect that Reverb will be only it's current slot. Not like allowing multiple delays. It would be interesting IF they allowed you to move it around, but if it's in slot 8 still few will complain.

I would be happy with new reverbs using just current slot. I'm not a big fan of using multiple reverbs. Maybe they could put a pre/post -option, so you could use it before amp if you want.

• If there's one concern I have about my Kemper toaster, it's that it may not last as long as the firmware updates.

It's an irrational fear of electronics, given how long some of the Access synth stuff has been around and is still ticking.

It's just that there is no precedent, so I can't say "Bob's Kemper lasted 10 years."

Remember the infamous LED issue? I'm lucky to have never had that problem. Could it manifest itself say three years down the line? Who knows.

I've gone three years now, I'm hoping that the Kemper will last me another 7 years. That would work out to an annual investment of about $250, and well spent money too.

I'm also pretty confident that before that 10 year-mark comes up, we will see a Kemper V2! 8o

• Indeed. Kemper has reintroduced VALUE and LONGEVITY to the digital world.
    And this is what sets them apart from all the others, not only profiling, but also their unique business model.

This !!!

That is a game changer for me, I'm an early user and i know for sure that if there was an"Ultra Kemper" then a "XL" then a "kemper 2" then an "Ultimate Kemper Star 4.0", I would be frustrated to not be able to follow that and finally the result would be me coming back to old valve amp !

New delays are amazing, i was waiting for that and i will use them a lot !!! If there is really a plan for new reverbs, that's really cool ! If kemper team want to add more and better distortion/overdrive pedals (one thing i'm not 100% happy with) and maybe some great synth style sound :love: it would be more than nice !!

Please, if you need more power in the future, find a way that we can upgrade our hardware !! :saint: