Kemper (Beta 5.0) and FCB1010 (Eureka 3.2) Looper functions missing

• Hi Kempers,
    does anyone use this setup: Kemper (Beta 5.0) and FCB1010 (Eureka 3.2).
    I can use only the pedals 1,2 and 3 for the looper. Reverse and Halfspeed (pedal 4 and 5) doesn't have any function.

• Hi Kempers,
    does anyone use this setup: Kemper (Beta 5.0) and FCB1010 (Eureka 3.2).
    I can use only the pedals 1,2 and 3 for the looper. Reverse and Halfspeed (pedal 4 and 5) doesn't have any function.

Midi implementation has changed on the Kemper, that might be why the FCB is not working, since the chip has pre-defined CC messages that it sends for looper commands.

I just checked the midi manual and there's no information on the looper midi commands, as in previous iterations.

When we had the midi commands for the looper earlier, we had to rely on some of the good folks here who discovered the value through trial and error.

Finding them again will require more of the same efforts, unless of course Kemper Amplifiers has decided to bury the commands.

Midi control of the looper was never supported and perhaps they will hide the parameters that are currently functional, such as play/overdub and stop/undo (which is mainly what I use), in future OSes.

Would be nice if Kemper Amplifiers would tell us what the new values are. heh!

• @Gizmo:
    There is no Undo-Function documentated in the Eureka Manual. So i don't miss any...

nightlight:
    Perhaps i have to wait until Kemper OS has left the Beta State. But isn't it easy to checkout the midi-parameters
    with software like midi-ox? Unfortunately i don't have a Kemper Remote so that i can test with midi-ox.

Anyway, since it is not possible to program the FCB1010 with the Eureka-Chip (i think) i will receive what Eureka
    delivers. And if Kemper changes the midi implementation charts i have bad luck.

May be i will switch back to UNO.

• Midi-OX will only tell you what you're feeding the Kemper, not what midi command does what. The Remote doesn't use midi, it's a proprietary protocol.

What the guys did last time is bombard the Kemper with tonnes of commands till they came across the ones that control the looper. I think those same helpful users have been banned, which sucks.

• Then i don't get Kemper's policy. Either they want the users to control the Kemper with their own midi controllers
    or they should take out the looper stuff and use only universal midi parameters. But this mystery and changing all the time helps no one.

• They have added significant features to the Kemper. It is possible that the earlier parameters were recycled for use with the new parameters. The looper was supposed to be a Remote only feature, but the guys managed to "crack" it.

That said, I wish they would just make it a universal feature, it can't be too difficult. At any rate, I'm grateful they didn't need record and stop, the major buttons I need.

• Hi nightlight
    Undo stopped working for me in OS4
    Play/Overdub, Stop, Trigger are still working.

Is Undo working for you in OS4?

Midi control of the looper was never supported and perhaps they will hide the parameters that are currently functional, such as play/overdub and stop/undo (which is mainly what I use), in future OSes.

• I'm still running my FCB with Eureka 3.1- Exactly same behaviour as with 3.2. Only Play/Overdub, Stop, Trigger work. I'll wait for the new release and wish that they manage to get it fully working with KPA 5-0 series.

Matti

• Yep, down to the basics of play/rec/stop via midi. I hope it stays that way, those are the only features I was really using on the looper anyway. Hope it doesn't go away all together..