Problem with Volume Output

• So I've connected my Kemper to my Freidman AX-8 and it works great!

When I connect to my Presonus Central Station Monitor Controller, the signal coming from the Kemper is low compared to all the other typical studio gear I have connected to it. Even with the main volume and the rig volume maxed, it's still too low.

What am I doing wrong?

• How do you have it connected?
    Do you have the volumes adjusted in the main output or just the knobs on front maxed?
    Is your controller padded or is there an input buffer?

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• I have the Main 1/4" balanced L/R going into the inputs of my Presonus Central Station Monitor Controller, that feeds my studio monitors. It has input LED VU level meters which hit 65-70% max, should normally hit around 95%.

I also have an XLR cable coming from the L main out feeding my Freidman ASM-12 powered monitor.

What you read above, is what I had sent to Kemper support, on a sidenote, they're amazingly fast at responding!

While I was in the middle of this, I got another reply from them, and what they told me was the XLR output on the Kemper actually has a six db volume increase over the 1/4" balanced outs. That has to be my issue, I need to reverse the way I have them connected. I'm actually sending too hot of a signal to my Friedman, and too low of a signal to my Presonus.

On a sidenote, do we always have to type in the verification code every single time we reply or post?

• do we always have to type in the verification code every single time we reply or post?

No. You should be able to enter your name and password and check box remember me. Unless you clean your cache when you open the screen back up you are logged in...if that's what you are referring to.

• I also have an XLR cable coming from the L main out feeding my Freidman ASM-12 powered monitor.

Also note that you can link the master volume knob to monitor out and set your ASM-12 to a master level (1/2 to 3/4) and then control the overall volume by simply turning u your Kemper....which will not effect your XLR volume to FOH.

Edited once, last by bshaw92 ().