Headphones for Kemper and Other Tweaking Questions

• Audio Technica ATH M50 32 Ohm - loud, great for listening to the music, Kemper sounds great through them, but they seem to emphasize bass and highs a little.
    BeyerDynamic DT770 80 Ohm - not so loud as ATH, but enough for Kemper playing and tweaking, more flat and natural than ATH M50 (which aren't bad)

• Audio Technica ATH M50 32 Ohm - loud, great for listening to the music, Kemper sounds great through them, but they seem to emphasize bass and highs a little.
    BeyerDynamic DT770 80 Ohm - not so loud as ATH, but enough for Kemper playing and tweaking, more flat and natural than ATH M50 (which aren't bad)

I read that the 770s hype high frequencies and the 880pros are the way to go.

But seriously, I am really enjoying the ATH M50x cans after using a Razer Kraken for so Long. Glad the Krakens broke, which made it necessary to get a new set of headphones.

• @Angus1968 : I use the AKG 702 & find them plenty loud with my KPA when just listening to rigs or even jamming along to backing tracks. If they don't sound very loud with your iPhone it's probably because the headphone amp on the iPhone puts out a weaker signal than the headphone amp in the KPA.

• I got a pair of Shure SRH840 accidentally at a sale for cheap, and never wanted anything else since. The are regarded flat and neutral, but the give a very good feeling for room when mixing, better than the AKGs or ATHs we use at the studio for tracking..

• I bought some Senheiser HD650's a couple of years ago. I believe the original RRP on them was £400 UK but I got them for £250. Still a lot of money for headphones but I've not regretted it at all - they're fantastic.

For mixing, they get you close but I prefer to mix on monitors anyway (not that I'm anything like experienced so don't listen to me!!). For playing Kemper and for listening to music? Excellent on both counts :)

I have these as well. They are great for mixing and tweaking. Very detailed and comfortable. I usually use them in the mornings while everyone is sleeping. I dont love them for playing with, they seem to me like a headphone better suited to mixing and listening to music. Maybe they would improve with a headphone amp but ive not been able to try (they are 300ohm). Im tempted to pick up a ATH or 770 for the kemper and travel.

• Here again, I bought a pair of 770 new, 80 ohm. The guy at the shop told me that 250 ohm is too much for the kemper, if you like playing at high volume. Now, is there a burn in period for a new pair of headphones? I plugged them yesterday but I was a little disappointed for the sound which I found a little muddy. Maybe my ears are fixed with my old headphones...

• There are tons of awesome profiles in Rig Exchange. In 4 years with the Kemper I've only purchased a few and only because I liked the seller not because I couldn't find a specific amp on RE. As a new user I would go with the free stuff until you get your head around things and get an idea of what you might be looking for. Cheers!