Controlling all effects with the switches

• Maybe this has been addressed before, but I am trying to setup the switches to control different effects. Not at the same time though. As an example:

I'll have a Delay - Chorus ( I know @paults nobody uses chorus after the 80's...) - another Delay or Harmonizer - Flanger or Phaser - Detune - Compressor

About 6 or 7 effects and only 4 switches -

So about every slot has something except one which has a wah controlled by an expression pedal. If I control multiple effects on one switch one must be on and one off correct? What is the best way to achieve setting this up to use each one independently when desired?

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• Not just for the '80s LOL!

I've been hearing more chorus and phaser sounds in Indie/Alternative music lately :)

You can assign up to four effects to a switch. They can all be turned on with a press of the switch, or you can toggle some on and some off with each press of the switch.

The switch status when you save the Rig determines what is on and what is off.

Each Stomp (A B C or D) or post Effect can be assigned to one switch within a Rig or Performance Slot. In a different Rig/Slot, they can be assigned in different combinations to different switches.

Here is an example:

Switch 1
    (At rig load)Doubling delay(DELAY)+pitch Detune chorus(MOD)
    (Press the switch)Stomp (A) delay 300ms +REVERB

Switch 2
    (At rig load)Effect status=off
    (Press the switch) Harmonizer(X)

Switch 3
    (At rig load ) effect status =off
    (Press the switch) Compressor(B)+Chorus(C)

Switch 4
    (At rig load)Effect status off
    (Press the switch Flanger (D)

You could use combinations of the four switches to get many different sounds.

And, you could use the heel to toe range of the Morph Pedal to radically modify any/all of the above effects. Or,
    Use it to morph the sound of the amplifier :)

• The turning off and on in the same rig is what I'm after. Something that I can turn on or off delay and with the same switch tum on or off flanger whether the delay is still.on or not.

• The turning off and on in the same rig is what I'm after. Something that I can turn on or off delay and with the same switch tum on or off flanger whether the delay is still.on or not.

A single switch could not be used with any product to turn a delay on/off independently of turning a flanger on/off. How would the switch "know" which of the two effects you wanted to turn on/off?

BTW - If you want a total eight switches, you can add four momentary switches to the back of the Remote (two switches are connected to each of two jacks) That would still allow the use of two expression pedals.

• A single switch could not be used with any product to turn a delay on/off independently of turning a flanger on/off. How would the switch "know" which of the two effects you wanted to turn on/off?

I have a device that uses X/Y which does something like this. Since I just purchased the remote I was making sure I wasn't overlooking something within the ability to program. I was hoping that it was not a matter of running different performance blocks with various effects on or off as I use multiple amps, but it appears that is the only way to accomplish what I am doing. Since the switch can control multiple effects if you could adjust the hold down time it would allow the possibilities I've presented using just 4 buttons. Seems like this would have been better thought out to include those options (either (8) buttons or timed switches) at that price and since the Kemper has 8 effect/stomp blocks. I was using an HD500x to control the Kemper which worked ok it just added another power source and having the looper and recognition back and forth with the Kemper (on effects and Rig name) was what pushed me into deciding to buy. May have to go back??

• On the KPR you have the 4 dedicated effect switches that can be assigned and then there are 3 other switches that can be re-programmed to control effects slot devices as well - the tuner, looper, and tap switches. These 3 switches can be reassigned from their defaults to instead controlling effect slots in the remote setup section of the system menu.

This gives you a total of 7 possible effects programmable switches on the KPR.

• This worked fine. I am now trying to make sure I'm not missing something to make the light come on when active. I can see on the remote when it engages, but the little lights aren't twinkling Clark.