[closed] user refuses help

• Alright, I reamped it through my Kemper (via SPDIF) using what @djemass said should be the same profile, "MAIN OLD" on the Rig Exchange:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.…or%20Kemper%20buzzing.wav

Does that sound like it should? I hear a bit of buzzing in the second half, partly from you changing pickups, and maybe from a bit of sloppy playing, but I don't hear the same glitchy attack that your sample had.

...in which case - and this is going to get you REALLY excited - it would seem to be your Kemper that's misbehaving.

• ... with his DI track, Gerald?

Agreed. I hear the same weird-distortion bloom shortly after the attack (ignoring the fret buzz, which tends to kick in later). The bloom's less fizzy as there's not as much treble to the sound overall, but it's there, which again points to the source's being the issue.
    Strange, ITTO, 'cause you've tried different guitars and leads. Hmm...

No not with his DI. Sorry. Definitely something is wrong with ITTO's unit !

• Inthrutheout please, record 2 tracks. One when you perceive the toaster to sound correctly and nice. And then the same playing with the same rig when you perceive it to be broken and sounding bad.
    This should quiet everyone doubting you. Please lad, this is all that is needed!

• You mean like what was promised and that I also asked for 5 pages back, Rook? :D

I've been waiting for you to do this all along, ITTO. Figured it was too obvious to even suggest! LOL
    Unless everyone has a valid reference, i.e., your guitar producing the "right" sound through the Profile next to your guitar playing the shitty-sounding "version" of the Profile, we're shooting in the dark. Kudos to you for taking this initiative, mate. Can't wait to hear the contrast myself.

Fingers crossed the Kemper gives you a window soon where it delivers the awesome tone we all know it's capable of so you can do it. Good luck man.

• I contaced support with the same issue the OP and others have reported - and which CK describes as normal ampsound.

Support asked for files, I sent them in, and the answer also was: Reamped through an amp it sounds the same.

I did not get why this is the solution or even an explanation since - as others have stated here - the input stage of the KPA might cause it, which can be only proven by recording the direct signal with AND without the KPA. Indeed support did not ask for such a file. So I did this for myself and as with the OP my signal directly to card is not infected. My direct KPA signal indeed is.

First off: I nevertheless love the KPA and do not plan on saying good bye. Neither do I feel that Kemper is anywhere close to providing a bad support. It is still possible that I am doing something wrong. But I do think this issue should be taken a little bit more seriously as numerous others have mentioned it before.

Another strange fact by the way is that quite a few have experienced the issue appearing randomly. So do I.

On a side note, there seem to be different names for the issue, I tend to call the effect brittle. If that was constant on tubeamps, I would have read it somewhere and probably would have heard it somewhere in my 25 years of guitar playing and mag reading.

My guess is the input stage. But I'm not a technician.

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

Edited 3 times, last by Fireloogie ().

• I have heard you all about recording when it sounds good. I know this . I have planned on it before it was mentioned the first time.

The god damn thing has not come back.
    Hell it was 2 weeks before.

You know, I have read a couple other threads with other members who had to deal with support and they said they were fast, courteous and apologetic.

I have got none of this. For the first couple weeks I was polite, thanked them after each email etc.

So I don't know what the hell their problem has been with me. Maybe I got the bottom of the barrel pick of help. I have had to go back and forth with this Dinnies character.

Nobody finds the last email ignorant, condescending and totally avoiding the issue?
    After the first email that is how it has been.

How many are using the DXR 10s? I know a lot of people are.
    You can't see how he just grabs at anything as an excuse?

Not doing a damn thing to try and help.

• Just my opinion, but it seems there may have been confusion on a DI track? To me that would be the guitar straight into a DI box? That is what I believe Kemper was asking for? To rule out issues with the guitar. So if those who are having issues did not provide this that is possibly why Kemper is saying there is nothing wrong?

Just my two cents after reading through these issues.

DAVE

• On my side of things, since we still do seem to have similar issues on some level... Not to confuse this further or add to anyone's frustration, but I had to profile an amp yesterday for a local studio using their own kemper. Tried to be as careful to detail as possible. Must say that I did notice some of the artifacts fitting the description of @ckemper coming from both the kemper and the tube amp. This wasn't just when going through the KPA and comparing A/B that way but also direct through the amp itself.

That being said these weren't 100% the same. I found myself being more bothered with the kemper. The profiles were just slightly gainier and tremblier (quite common with the profiler as I believe many here have noticed -- due to this I sometimes prefer the profiles to the amps, and we are talking very slight differences here). Now since the studio wanted precise profiles I manually corrected the minor differences later. This did seem to affect the artifacts on some level. Lowering the gain of the profile itself decreased artifacts somewhat, as did lowering the tremble. I had not noticed gain and treble affecting artifacts on my own kemper this much though unless dealing with totally clean tones.

I also don't like talking without recordings to back up what is being said, but at least there's credit to what is being described by @ckemper. This is not to minimize problems @Intrutheout is having. I really hope there's a resolution to his KPA problems as soon as possible. It seems that we are also dealing with wholly separate issues here (one being a bit of a "non-issue" as described by CK, the other not), especially considering the results of the non-Kemper produced DI sounding much better through another user's KPA. Just as soon as I have some free time I'll perform similar tests with my own KPA. From what I can hear up to now my KPA sounds similar to the OP's. I have also noticed the sound changing for the better or worse, but have no evidence of this.

Edited once, last by Dimi84 ().

• Just my opinion, but it seems there may have been confusion on a DI track? To me that would be the guitar straight into a DI box? That is what I believe Kemper was asking for? To rule out issues with the guitar. So if those who are having issues did not provide this that is possibly why Kemper is saying there is nothing wrong?

Just my two cents after reading through these issues.

DAVE

No, at least in my case they had asked for one file from the main out and one from the direct out, recorded simultaneously. :)

Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• Well thanks.

The new sample could have been played more carefully (open strings muted and letting the notes sound and fade off, like in the first clip), but I reamped both direct tracks (the one recorded thru the KPA and the one not involving the KPA) using the same tube preamp.

The one going thru the KPA

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The one recorded without involving the KPA

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I think that there is something wrong with the first one and that the KPA can be introducing those artifacts but I would do an additional test in a more scientific way, fisrt playing the same long notes and using the same guitar both thru the KPA direct output and then directly to the multitrack recorder. Then I would reamp both using my tube preamp. What do you think?

• That should eliminate any reasonable doubt that his KPA has issues.

• The new sample could have been played more carefully (open strings muted and letting the notes sound and fade off, like in the first clip), but I reamped both direct tracks (the one recorded thru the KPA and the one not involving the KPA) using the same tube preamp.

Thx for posting. I feel I have this exact issue. Sound does not ring out constantly.
    Edit: I think this is not what CKemper means when he says that is normal to a tube amp.

Edited once, last by Fireloogie ().

• For me, when I provide a sound sample to Kemper support, I actually play my guitar. That weird awkward buzz could also be from finger pressure on the frets. The Kemper is extremely sensitive to picking hard and magnifies poor / uneven finger pressure on frets. These frequencies are not as apparent on real tube amps but they are on the Kemper. Not knocking you, 20+ years playing guitar here, and I notice how the Kemper magnifies my sloppy playing.

While you do have a problem, as another user suggested , be more consistent with a sound sample. The awkward buzz on your first clip was from finger pressure. This is causing Kemper support to overlook your actual problem. Your DI recorded outside of the Kemper was played differently than your first example.

• The awkward buzz on your first clip was from finger pressure.

Hope you don't mind me chiming in. One question: Do you hear that the sound does not ring out constantly? It's more like a rather subtle slicing effect. I don't know how this can be achieved by too much preasure to the frets. This is why I (also) did not actually play my guitar for the samples but would let a few tones simply ring out. (Well, more or less^^)

Man I hope we're talking the same observations here. Otherwise we are messing up things completely... :huh:

Edit: After listening again, this is not so obvious here. It's way more obvious here:
    Sinmix Friedman BE 10 artifact noise? (Update: many other profiles with same artefacts)

Don't know if this is the exact same issue as in the OT though.

• Hope you don't mind me chiming in. One question: Do you hear that the sound does not ring out constantly? It's more like a rather subtle slicing effect. I don't know how this can be achieved by too much preasure to the frets. This is why I did not actually play my guitar for the samples but would let a few tones simply ring out. (Well, more or less^^)
    Man I hope we're talking the same observations here. Otherwise we are messing up things completely... :huh:

yes I do. Not the point of my post. Playing the same chords and notes for an A B comparison is my point. And playing them the same way, why you should actually play how you play.

• The first clip sound horrible.
    I can hear a very strong flanger resonance or comb filter that is especially coloring the stop noises.
    This coloring was not noticable on any other clip of the OP, no matter if processed or DI.

However, I cannot find the DI clip for that example. Has it been taken from Soundcloud?
    Can you post a link again?

Pacocito, was the noise gate active when reamping?