[closed] user refuses help

• Sounds like a lot of people are complaining about similar things and Kemper is trying to figure out which units have hardware problems and which ones are software issues. Probably not the easiest thing to do over email. They way I explained my problem (extreme sound breakup after 30 min of use) I was told to RMA it immediately with no audio samples needed. Perhaps your problems are more indicative of a software issue and your preferred profiles and settings cause your issues to happen. If so, a replacement unit is not going to help you

This is the second time I've had to get my KPA fixed for the same thing and I'm not nearly as annoyed as you are. I even waited two weeks between support emails because I got the 'ol "never got the email" excuse. Yes, I sold all my amps too but realized, after borrowing others', anyone who is serious about playing isn't going to put all their faith into one piece of equipment so I went out and bought myself a pedal preamp and cab sim as a backup. Not nearly as versatile as my KPA but it fits in a small bag and plugs right into the main board or powered monitor, just like my Kemper, and has been very reliable so far.

• Sounds like an open and and shut case , a defective unit .

You would think.

Yes sir, there is an issue. We will get back to you one day. We have been aware of this for a long time. Years as a matter of fact. We will do further assessments of that phenomenon incl. tube amplifiers. Huh?
    Enjoy your Kemper in the mean time.

I don't have a tube amplifier any more. I don't care what kind of phenomenon they do or don't have.
    I have a Kemper amp and it is broke.

I don't know if this is the same problem as Burkhard is speaking of but either way it is broke no matter how you look at it or how you prefer to word it.

Calling it a phenomenon doesn't make it better. This is not a one off thing with a few rigs, once again it is ALL gained rigs.

This has been going on for weeks now so I think they don't even remember which case they are talking about.

I should just post all of the emails so everybody understands what is going on.

I would rather not go through this any more. I would just like this issue resolved so I can move on and go back to playing. Something I thoroughly enjoy.

If I didn't like the KPA as much as I have, (and if I didn't pay so much for it) I would have just walked away by now and never looked back.

• Sounds like a lot of people are complaining about similar things and Kemper is trying to figure out which units have hardware problems and which ones are software issues. Probably not the easiest thing to do over email. They way I explained my problem (extreme sound breakup after 30 min of use) I was told to RMA it immediately with no audio samples needed. Perhaps your problems are more indicative of a software issue and your preferred profiles and settings cause your issues to happen. If so, a replacement unit is not going to help you

This is the second time I've had to get my KPA fixed for the same thing and I'm not nearly as annoyed as you are. I even waited two weeks between support emails because I got the 'ol "never got the email" excuse. Yes, I sold all my amps too but realized, after borrowing others', anyone who is serious about playing isn't going to put all their faith into one piece of equipment so I went out and bought myself a pedal preamp and cab sim as a backup. Not nearly as versatile as my KPA but it fits in a small bag and plugs right into the main board or powered monitor, just like my Kemper, and has been very reliable so far.

Do you know what has caused the sound breakup or what Kemper Team fixed? Dying capacitors, loose connection, ...?

• Do you know what has caused the sound breakup or what Kemper Team fixed? Dying capacitors, loose connection, ...?

I didn't get specifics but was just told it was a "hardware problem" the first time. Still waiting to get my KPA back this second time and haven't been told if it is the same issue or something new.

Second time you got it fixed and you call that reliable? Not where I come from.

Not the easiest thing over emails? We send sound clips recorded as they ask for them and backups. They then analyze them using the same rig and settings. They know it is not right.

As far as being annoyed goes.....I am not you so......

Maybe you are right. I should have 2 cars, 2 refrigerators, 2 tools of every kind for my job, 2 wives in case one don't put out any more etc etc etc. You get my point, I am sure.

The thing breaking down is not so much the problem. Shit happens. I can accept that.
    The problem is getting it fixed....under WARRANTY in a reasonable amount of time. Without being dicked around for weeks with absolutely no help. It will be 3 weeks before you know it. That is not time waiting for it to be replaced or fixed. This is dead time.

You see the last email I got today. Does that look like they are doing anything to correct the issue. Do we appear to be any closer to a resolution?

I can not say this any louder or any clearer, IT IS NOT JUST MY PREFERRED RIGS ! I have said this numerous times. Read, don't skim next time.

I don't really want to get rude toward you. Sorry to be so blunt but you are speaking without reading or comprehending anything I have said.
    I am already annoyed by all of this. I don't really care for somebody like you telling me how I should feel because you would act differently.
    You may be more passive then I. I have been decent up until now. I think I have been reasonably patient.

But I know when I am being drug along. I don't accept that.

But thanks for telling of your experience with support because the more I read of it the more I disbelieve a lot of the positive support some said they have received. Seems you were drug around also.

• @Inthrutheout Can you post a clip, using one of the Kemper Factory Studio rigs, and let us know guitar you used, input settings, output settings?

Yes I can and will.
    This is one of the things I did for support. A couple different ways in fact.
    I posted a quick one a while back on another thread when this started.
    It was recorded through the air but since, I have recorded more for support directly into a recorder. A Tascam Dp 03.
    Give me a short And I will post them.

• I'm tempted to sell my Kemper and buy a new one just to see if there is a difference. I've already had 2 pcb replaced and still doesn't sound the way it should to me. There is definitely a quality control issue the Kemper team needs to address.

As far as support goes, they have always been awesome to me! I'm nothing special, just an average customer.

• @Inthrutheout Can you post a clip, using one of the Kemper Factory Studio rigs, and let us know guitar you used, input settings, output settings?

Maybe together with the rig...

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This is the direct out channel of the first one I posted.
    I never mixed them down to one track.