[closed] user refuses help

• As I said earlier about your setup , your wiring could factor in and all that static could be due to the outlet your powered from .

I have another thread about this issue and that is one of the things I tried. Different circuits.
    I live in a modern house and I am a home improvement contractor. I even ran this circuit way back when just for my music equipment. It is a dedicated circuit. I do this for my computers too.

I have my music equipment on a Furman also.

• This is the clip I posted in my first thread when this all started.
    It is the worse it has been.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• There is a lot of noise at the beginning of the clip, before you play. Do you have a humbucking pickup guitar? Do you hear the same noise with it?

Do you have the same noise when you connect your KPA directly to the interface(with no mixer?) When you connect directly to the DXR10?

I bypassed everything through my testing before.

I just tried bypassing the mixer straight into the DXR 10s. Disconnected pedals. Guitar straight into KPA.
    Yes it still has the background noise with Strat, Tele and Schecter with Humbuckers.

Most rigs that I use don't have that much noise. Although there does seem to be a bit of noise in rigs I generally use regularly that I don't recall hearing.

• It sounds ok to me. Noise can come from many things, even that Furman. Even many profiles have noise as that was how the amp was when it was profiled. I always run my Kemper with the noise gate off and accept some noise, just as I do with my tube amps. I prefer the dynamics I can get.

I would try your Kemper at another location and see if the noise drops or increases. Heck even make sure you don't have power cables crossing over your xlr/patch cables. Trouble shoot every piece of gear and the outlets and location.

Hope you get it sorted out.

• Wow, I'm really astonished to read this reply.
    So a problem exists that has been known for years but since it has not been reported by professionals or commercial rig providers, it has not been looked into?
    I hope I'm reading this wrong...

• I'm with drog - try a completely different location - maybe a studio or a friend's house. I get lots of 'stuff' at my house that never shows up at gigs. Noise, popping, clicking. My house is an electric nightmare.

• This has not been an issue until recently.
    My setup has been in this spot for years.
    I have not had a noise problem until recently.

The background noise is not my issue at the moment. Unless my main issue is related. Which I dont think they are.

I am pretty sure I can get rid of the background noise. I just need to go through everything again.

Thanks

• Didn't you say that you had electrical storms ? . . . .

• Troubleshooting can be a long, arduous process. I recently thought my Scarlet 2i2 was corrupt because I was getting noisy/phasey recording. After three days of checking everything in the signal path (including the Kemper) I finally wound up finding it was a corrupt software preference.

The point of which is, checking, changing and verifying every variable in the equation is worth the effort. Sometimes it is absolutely necessary to identify, test, validate and or/eliminate any variable in the process. IMHO, you are writing off something that may either be the source of, contributing to, or help you determine the actual problem. But by all means, carry on as you see fit.

• I must have tin ears, because I have heard every clip uploaded by @Inthrutheout, and the only thing I hear is a degree of high gain noise/hiss...but nothing that absolutely jumps out at me and shouts "there is something definitely wrong with this KPA".

I am not sure, exactly, what anomalous phenomena I should be listening for, here.

P.S. -- I am definitely not trying to add to your frustrations, Inthrutheout. I just wish you could be more specific as to where the unacceptable noise or behavior is occuring. Can you identify what sound clip you want us to focus on, and the corresponding time stamp in which the weird behavior occurs?

• Guys and girls,

Ck responded to my recording (that sounds quite similar to yours) in the other thread -- he run the DI I sent kemper through his marshall and got same effect, artifacts, whatever we may call them. No difference between the kemper and his amp.

This hasn't been my experience with my amps -- if the issue (or "issue") is there I am super surprised I didn't notice it. I also didn't notice it in other amp sims either apart from an yamaha thr, to some extend, and then it wasn't clear if it's quite the same artifact.

So I will go back to do tests between the real amp and profile and see the result for myself.

I'm thinking that since the kemper usually comes up with a slightly tighter version of my amp tone, the change in tone it self, however tiny, could be influencing these artifacts with my set up.. but that the same would happen with the real amp being "tighter".

It's hard to say. And it wouldn't explain your kemper changing in tone as much I suppose... Unless there are other factors influencing this "warble" that would likely influence a real amp the same way provided that the tone is the same.

It can also be that this "warble" is not the only thing we are experiencing. I could be conflating a normal "warble" with something else too, but thinking that what bothers me are artifacts that are "normal". This is complex :D

Anyway. I will report back if this interests people :)