[closed] user refuses help

• Can you explain what your issue is, precisely?

Once again does this sound good to you? This is the recording I made the day it started. The other recordings are what I sent to support later. They are not as bad but not good either.
    If it does I cant answer your question except to say it sounds like major fret buzz and a bit fizzly. Sorry if I cant come up with a hip or correct term for the sound.

This is not normal. I know what my rigs sound like. I have been using the same ones for a couple years. This has come and gone through the years. Earlier on I could never put my finger on it because it sounded like this when I would first fire the KPA up. It was confusing the shit out of me.

As I said we had an earlier thread about this with a couple of us questioning the change of sound but not being able to put our finger on it.

The reason I am making a big deal about it now is because I CAUGHT IT when it changed while I was playing. And it lasted a couple weeks this time.

There was no mistaking it. As I continued to play it just sounded like shit.

For a couple weeks now it sounded like shit. This is with ALL rigs with gain in them. I opened a ticket, got dicked around and as of yesterday when I tried to record some more to show you guys the damn thing snapped back and sounds good again.

I fretted over admitting this because I felt I would end up being doubted. Which may be happening.

My fellow guitarists have picked this up as soon as they heard it when they have come over.

If you were here and you heard this thing you too would say it sounded like shit. People with no musical background would pick it up.

The thing is I never change ANY settings. I like to keep it simple. I use my own effects when I feel the need.

As far as the noise you guys hear I believe it may be the way I set up my recorder through my mixer recently. I set it up so I could record this stuff to send to support. I will get to fixing that. I don't like noise either and don't tolerate it.

I appreciate the help but people keep saying try this or that but I have not changed my rig. It is in the same place it has always been. It had no noise before so the only thing I did was add the recorder and I was having an issue with that so I got some help on another thread.
    Now I did hit ini globals for support. That could have changed the way things were before when I had no noise issues. Although I never messed with the noise gate since I have owned it. If a profile was noisy, I simply wouldn't use it.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I'm with drog - try a completely different location - maybe a studio or a friend's house. I get lots of 'stuff' at my house that never shows up at gigs. Noise, popping, clicking. My house is an electric nightmare.

Once again, I have been on this dedicated circuit ,which I ran just for my music gear, for years with no noise.

I will try rerouting my recorder to see if that is what started the noise here recently. That and hitting ini globals is the only thing I changed when the background noise started.

• Didn't you say that you had electrical storms ? . . . .

Yeah but I am not sure where you are going with the question. We get them throughout the summer. No big deal, that is why I keep my stuff unplugged.
    The tiny storm we had the other day was nothing really but I unplugged my stuff just in case as I always do.

When summer is over I may not unplug it all of the time. But in the summer months it is unplugged whenever I am not playing.

I do this with all of my more expensive electronics. It is the only sure way to protect them. Except for an EMP. =O If that happens I might be having bigger problems to worry about.

I used to live in the shithole they call Florida and I lost a handful of electronics until I got smart......er.

• Can you hear me now!

I was playing for a bit and it sounded good.
    Went to have dinner.
    Came back and turned everything back on and this is what I get.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Any ideas before I turn this thing off?

I don't know what it will do once it is restarted.

Wish I could do this live.

Would you kindly point out, based on your most recent soundcloud clip (post #85), precisely at what timestamps you are experiencing anomalous behavior, and what you perceive that "problem" to be. Yes, in this clip I actually heard a couple of strange things, at specific timestamps. But I want to hear it from you, in you words, exactly what you are having issues with in the subject recording. Thanks.

• The whole sound has gone flat, weak, and sounds heavily fret buzzed. It is way worse here. That is one channel of two from my recorder. I guess that is why the volume and sound changes on the recording.
    I am now trying to learn how to mix it down to a stereo recording with this Dp 03.

I am trying desperately to get you guys a quality recording so you will be able to hear it clearly.

I just hooked this track recorder up recently so I am trying to figure it out.

I am trying to do this while the Kemper is acting up.

I don't want to turn it off.

• Just listen to the ending with the low E string. It is very obvious. That is the way they all sound here.
    I don't know why I cant get a good recording.
    When I play back the recorder here it sounds just like when I am playing but when I play back the file with one channel it loses a lot for some reason.

• Try recording something while the rig sounds as it's supposed to, then record the same thing when you think the Kemper went bad again.

Also, if there are other Kemper owners in your area, meet up and compare.

• Try recording something while the rig sounds as it's supposed to, then record the same thing when you think the Kemper went bad again.

Also, if there are other Kemper owners in your area, meet up and compare.

I plan on it.
    I don't know when it will sound correct again though.
    I don't want to turn it off so I can get all the info I can while it is dead.

I did learn how to mix it down though. Both channels together.

• Everyone keeps asking @Inthrutheout to describe his sound issues. I've listened to his clips and it's pretty obvious. Nobody would accept that, so why do we keep asking him to reword everything?

I'm in agreement with him that if Kemper can't rectify his issue immediately on the unit or even progress towards a solution, replace it under warranty.

I must say as a new Kemper owner, this does raise a few eyebrows. Nobody expects everything to be 100% perfect all the time, but if you have a major issue and weeks go by without progress towards a resolution, that worries me as a consumer. @Inthutheout, I'd call the US line and say you haven't gotten any progress with a service ticket and are seeking a warranty replacement. Hopefully that shakes the tree and moves it along.

• if you're not able to record it please describe in words , exactly what is the problem
    soundwise

Look at posts 88 and 89.

I will add-

Ever leave a pick in the strings towards the neck? You know how if you forgot you were storing it there and started to play? Like that.

• Everyone keeps asking @Inthrutheout to describe his sound issues. I've listened to his clips and it's pretty obvious. Nobody would accept that, so why do we keep asking him to reword everything?

I'm in agreement with him that if Kemper can't rectify his issue immediately on the unit or even progress towards a solution, replace it under warranty.

I must say as a new Kemper owner, this does raise a few eyebrows. Nobody expects everything to be 100% perfect all the time, but if you have a major issue and weeks go by without progress towards a resolution, that worries me as a consumer. @Inthutheout, I'd call the US line and say you haven't gotten any progress with a service ticket and are seeking a warranty replacement. Hopefully that shakes the tree and moves it along.

Thanks buddy !!!

I am working on an even more obvious recording. As if it isn't as of yet.

It is SOOOOO blatantly obvious here.

What is obvious? It's not obvious when you're not familiar with the rig or don't play it yourself. Such single string playing can sound like garbage through a tube amp too ;)

• What is obvious? It's not obvious when you're not familiar with the rig or don't play it yourself. Such single string playing can sound like garbage through a tube amp too

When you listen to the clip there is some unnatural, clearly digitized stuff going on. Like what @Inthrutheout described as when you leave the pick between your strings and start playing without remembering it was there.

He earlier said which rig he is using and that he didn't put any effects on it. Sounds shrill, like some kind of digital buzzsaw.

• yes please record something with not only single notes
    do some noodling with chords , riffs etc
    than it could become more clear where sound wise the problem remains

• One more.

The single notes are where you will really hear it. Besides the more I record the worse it gets.

You have got to hear it now.