[closed] user refuses help

• Excuse me, Sire.
    If your guitars DI signal is fed into a real tube amp and this tube amp produces then a similar and odd sounding result then the cause is *your* guitar signal and not the amp, be it a Kemper or a real tube. In earlier posts people pointed you *carefully* to the fact that your guitar signal is noisy and sub par.

It is not now. Did you hear a lot of noise on this last batch? But that has nothing to do with this anyway. This is not just an odd sound.
    Sire? Really?

• I have another option. That being if/ when this thing corrects itself again I will record it and put them right next to each other. There will be no mistaking it.

I've been waiting for you to do this all along, ITTO. Figured it was too obvious to even suggest! LOL

Unless everyone has a valid reference, i.e., your guitar producing the "right" sound through the Profile next to your guitar playing the shitty-sounding "version" of the Profile, we're shooting in the dark. Kudos to you for taking this initiative, mate. Can't wait to hear the contrast myself.

In the meantime, why not re-check your lead, connections (jiggle them!) and the smoothness of the travel and output of your volume and tone knobs? You can check the output consistency, tone-wise, using a clean Profile or DI signal if you have to. Also, make sure the pickup-selection switch doesn't half cut out the signal or whatever if bumped. You never know, brother.

Thinking back, I've heard very-similar behaviour from batteries running low on charge on my basses over the years, as well as due to faulty leads that kinda half conduct the signal from time to time, only to correct themselves when moved or pressured in the "right way". I'm just trying to help you make sure it's not something other than the Kemper - jumping the gun and assuming we'll all be in no doubt as to the sort of weird distortion you're experiencing. On my Mac speaker, I'm hearing a fizz that follows the pick attack, much as Christoph described, but without a reference, it's tough to tell just how much is there that shouldn't be there. You know what I mean, and as I said I look forward to hearing a comparison clip.

Fingers crossed the Kemper gives you a window soon where it delivers the awesome tone we all know it's capable of so you can do it. Good luck man.

• Inthroughtheout can you please record a clip when the problem appears to be fixed and the the same playing when your toaster seems to be broken again.
    I think that's the only way to solve this with support. I myself would love to hear it's been taken care of by the support lads.

• The problem can be heard in the direct track, too.

Can you plug your guitar directly into the recording interface, and make a short recording? That will show if the guitar is the source of the issue, or the input signal path in the KPA.

I guess this is the ultimate test to do :
    - recording a DI with your guitar directly in your audio interface.
    - using this DI to reamp through the kemper with a specific profile.
    - share the DI, so we can do the same (with the same profile), just to see if we are getting the same result out of our Kemper.

• Thanks all.
    Guess I will be at this all evening again when I get home.
    A lot depends on the state of mind my KPA is in when I get home.

I never know any more.

@Inthrutheout I really hope you get this sorted and can totally identity with your frustrations. If it were me, I'd be hitting all kinds of red too, as it seems that the problem is completely random and beyond worldly logic or control.
    I can only suggest that you do as thorough an investigation as possible, so that a conclusion can be reached through deduction. As @paults suggested, try plugging your guitar in to your interface directly and record a few lines and strums. Then plug in to your Kemper and record both the Mains and Direct Out. Once these are recorded, you could then reamp the DI that was recorded direct to your interface and maybe also reamp the track recorded from the Direct Out (you'll have to fiddle with the reamp sense probably to get equal gain between the two DIs). Hopefully, after comparing the three 'final' tracks, the source of the problem can be deduced. I wish you luck, man. It's almost impossible, but try to keep a cool head until after everything's been recorded.

• The clips that you have sent or posted sound absolutely familiar to me.
    There is no effects on these that I have not heard before on a tube amp or Profiler.

How are the other posters? Do you hear something strange or unfamiliar?
    There is many effects that could be discussed in the clips:
    - A sort of scream sound right after the attack
    - Often a rough and fast modulation right after the attack
    - A slower beating and clicking later in the note

Do we all talk about the same thing?
    All these effects can be explained by physics, and they all appear on tube amps as well.

It is a good idea to share the DI clip as well as the profile, to make cross tests.

• Also, something I noticed recently on my Kemper. A profile can get corrupt and not sound as it should.

This is what caused my problem (I have not reported it yet, as I want to recreate the issue this weekend to make sure it is a bug)

During a profile session and after the refine process. I did not save the profile and turned the selector back to Browse mode. It without a doubt corrupted the saved profile that was last used. I had recorded that saved profile before trying to create a new one. I recorded the corrupt profile compared to the previously saved profile and there was a huge difference. Almost like what you are experiencing.

Maybe try deleting the profiles you like and reinstall them.

• I think this is not a particular effect they are talking about: this is the entire sound that sounds strange (awful ?)

The Track with the Boogie C2C+LEAD sounds with not enough gain at all, and like it only a part of the sound spectrum went into the amplifier section

• I think this is not a particular effect they are talking about: this is the entire sound that sounds strange (awful ?)

The Track with the Boogie C2C+LEAD sounds with not enough gain at all, and like it only a part of the sound spectrum went into the amplifier section

Yes, as if something is missing. The noise or whatever is always there, but is more transparent now. This is software and files do get corrupted. DI will not address the noise as @ckemper already said its normal behavior. If the tone has changed, look at reinstalling the profiles. Of course this is just my opinion. At this point you have nothing to lose.

• @ckemper wrote:

"There is many effects that could be discussed in the clips:
    - A sort of scream sound right after the attack
    - Often a rough and fast modulation right after the attack
    - A slower beating and clicking later in the note

Do we all talk about the same thing?"

Yes, I hear these sounds, too, in both the direct clip and the profile clip. That is why I suggested making a "guitar to interface" clip, without using the KPA.

• Unsure if it was missed previously but when I reamped with my stuff you can hear some disturbance. ;

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

That noise the unit is generating is pretty excessive, noise gate was on 7 with this reamp but I also hear a lot of choking from the guitar.

• Hi all.... :*

Long time lurker ... ( from a currently vibrant South Africa )
    My first post ...( intro to follow soon ) :D8)

To the OP :
    Is there not somebody in your immediate or surrounding neighbourhood that also has a Kemper ?
    Why don't you arrange to hook up with him / her , with your unit and compare it to their unit ?
    That way you'll hear first hand if your unit is / isn't indeed faulty , .. my 2c

• I'm pretty sure all your troubles are related to noise either from your wiring or from your guitar. You have significant noise in your DI track, and your gate setting is cutting it out in your rig. When you hit the note, or the note dies out, you hear that noise now that the gate is open.

Check your guitar wiring.

When you power off your kemper you say sometimes it goes away. Are you unplugging your guitar and putting it away as well?

The squeals and phantom notes sound like harmonics from moving your hand or finger from the string. I'd put money on that being in the DI recording as well.

• With what my KPA is doing today and the recordings I have given, you would have to be dense not to hear it !

Oh please. It's quite easy to get the Kemper to sound like shit. As it is with real amps. Without hearing a comparison of what you feel is working and faulty sound, it is really hard to tell from your examples.

I didn't find the rig in question, but I downloaded a random Boogie from the exchange. In this example I play single notes first, then add effects and play riffs on the bridge pickup and solo on the neck. At the end I play those dry single string notes again with reduced mids, to get closer to the sound of the rig you posted. Also, to get the dry guitar to sound the closest to yours, I had to use pickup position 2...Same rig, same guitar throughout.

Does those single strings in the end sound good to you?

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Thanks but you are not understanding what is happening if you think it is my wiring.
    I have unhooked and bypassed everything except the KPA and my DXR 10s. Bare bones.
    ALL cables are new and have been swapped.
    I hit init. Globals so there should be no wild config changes.

There is not much more I can do to eliminate anything else. There is nothing else I can change.

Common sense dictates that if I change absolutely nothing in between it sounding good and then it going straight to hell that there is something deeper.

I wish it was a simple thing like my wiring. We wouldnt be having this conversation.

You also need to understand that I dont change ANYTHING when this happens.

I do not unplug my guitars unless I was playing the Schecter. That is rare.

Unless you guys are here to hear this you cant seem to understand it is not just when I pluck a string. This terrible sound rings on through. The whole rig just changes to a totally foreign sound that sounds like a childs toy guitar.

I truly appreciate any help but please, if you want to post a possible fix please read what I have stated through this thread. Going over the same thing over and over is so tiring and achieves nothing.

Because if I dont clarify things then many others jump on the bandwaggon. "Its for sure your wiring". Been there, done that.

Once again thanks.