[closed] user refuses help

• Something tells me if it were genuine fret buzz, he'd have caught that already. It's the kind of thing you can hear acoustically before you hear it amped, and to happen on all of them?

Correct , but some fret noise and some pickup pull only show up when amped.

I think there may be something wrong with his Kemper, but I think he needs to contact Kemper, because we don't seem to be getting anywhere

• The problem is, OP, that the sound files you post can't identify a problem themselves. It's perfectly easy to make Kemper, or amps, sound bad. I hear nothing in those files that immediately tells me the Kemper is faulty. The last part of the audio I posted sounded just as shitty to me.

Your saying that things change from one minute to the other, but you're not communicating clearly exactly what's happening. Just that it sounds shitty. The best way for people on here to provide help is to hear the difference. Is it mostly a loss of gain? I've experienced that with my Kemper some times, but only briefly. Is there absolutely no change on clean sounds, level or otherwise?

Dammit. I am being sucked back into this vortex!

That is a spinny thing that goes round and round but thats not important right now...

Clean sounds are very nice, even on my "nasty" DXR 10s no less.

The other day when it got real bad yes it seemed to be dropping the gain as time went on. That was not so much the issue originally. It has been progressing.

Stop making me go in circles. I am starting to think you are doing it for fun. Playing me.
    Excuse me while I turn the volume up.

WHEN IT WORKS IT SOUNDS AWESOME. I CHANGE NOTHING. I COULD TURN THE KPA ON ONE TIME AND IT SOUNDS AWESOME. I COULD TURN IT ON AGAIN AND IT TOTALLY LOSES ITS TONE. I CAN COME UP WITH NO MORE DESCRIPTIONS FOR YOU. THEY HAVE ALL FAILED FOR YOU IN THE PAST.
    WHEN THIS FIRST STARTED 3 WEEKS AGO NOW, I WAS PLAYING AND IT SUDDENLY WENT SOUTH.

• If you want to hear my two Fenders directly into my recorder, here it is.
    First little run is my Strat, Second is my Telli.

Cover your ears, the terrible fret buzz on my poorly setup guitars might hurt a bit. :rolleyes:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cover your ears, the terrible fret buzz on my poorly setup guitars might hurt a bit. :rolleyes:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Well, that points to maybe the A/D converter in the Kemper, then...? I'm not sure how the direct out signal flow is, but I assume it hits the converters before being passed through...
    I had a similar issue with the A/D in my SSL Nucleus; the preamps were fine and I could play back from the computer using the sound card and D/A converters in the Nucleus, but recording through the preamps to disk via the sound card and computer caused horrible distortion and a really weak signal. I had to crank the preamps for there to be anything audible over a whisper.

• Well, that points to maybe the A/D converter in the Kemper, then...? I'm not sure how the direct out signal flow is, but I assume it hits the converters before being passed through...I had a similar issue with the A/D in my SSL Nucleus; the preamps were fine and I could play back from the computer using the sound card and D/A converters in the Nucleus, but recording through the preamps to disk via the sound card and computer caused horrible distortion and a really weak signal. I had to crank the preamps for there to be anything audible over a whisper.

You are going a bit over my head. I am a dumb carpenter. Guess I could learn more of the music electronicals but my brain is getting too full. No more room. I already know just about everything else. Or at least that is what everybody tells me.

I am on your side man, there is a problem. But I have to say this, Kemper support has been nothing but good to me (Hans) He is always very thorough and we are only hearing your side of it. Even @ckemper posted here asking questions. If they asked you 3 weeks ago to send them a DI recorded outside of the Kemper, its your fault for not doing so. If they did not ask for a DI, then it is thier fault. Just my opinion. I really hope you get it resolved,.

• Dude, as specific and methodic as you are, you're sucking yourself into this vortex ;)

• I am on your side man, there is a problem. But I have to say this, Kemper support has been nothing but good to me (Hans) He is always very thorough and we are only hearing your side of it. Even @ckemper posted here asking questions. If they asked you 3 weeks ago to send them a DI recorded outside of the Kemper, its your fault for not doing so. If they did not ask for a DI, then it is thier fault. Just my opinion. I really hope you get it resolved,.

Uh.....I did send them what they asked for. Everything they asked for. Right when they asked for it.

Who is this Hans? Give me his number. :)

• I haven't gotten passed the gate keeper I guess.
    Burkhard Dinnies

I cannot pass until I talk of the swallows.

I have never dealt with him, so no comment. Yes, the forum members here can get a little overbearing and act like they know it all. That is life, we all have different personalities. But in the end, even the people who are pissing you off are trying to help. (well most)

• Drop box or something? I have never used it yet myself.I imagine I have to sign up for it.

Soundcloud track settings -- can enable downloads from there.