[closed] user refuses help

• yes I do. Not the point of my post. Playing the same chords and notes for an A B comparison is my point. And playing them the same way, why you should actually play how you play.

While you're right bout playing same stuff would be better, I kindly disagree that the first clip necessarily suffers from too much pressure. I have that sound "popings", too, and they are definitely not from too much pressure. I think those are what CK describes as normal. The brittle sustain in @Dimi84s thread is way more obvious and I personally assume that this is not normal to tubeamps.

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• The awkward buzz on your first clip was from finger pressure.

I have to strongly disagree. I am listening to it and this is not an issue of technique. You couple what we are hearing with the circumstantial evidence ITTO has provided and it is clear that:

a: He is not new to guitar, amps, or the Kemper
    b: What the Kemper should sound like presently = what it has sounded like in the past, and it is not. It sounds defective.
    c: This change in sound happens in a seemingly arbitrary way. It happens while playing and continues for an indefinite amount of time
    d: This change in sound is independent of guitar, as many have been used to eliminate the instrument as a variable.
    e: This change in sound is independent of speaker, as many have been used to eliminate the speaker as a variable.
    f: This change in sound is not present independent of the Kemper, as he has provided audio with the Kemper out of the chain.
    g: This change in sound is not limited to a single profile, but affects every profile with the gain significantly present.
    h: This is not simply conjecture regarding artifacts or tone, this is something that was not there one moment and is present the next. This is not about what tube amps do or do not add to the sound, it is about the change in the sound that occurs arbitrarily and affects all distorted profiles.
    i: This is even evident to other musicians that have heard this with their own two ears.

I do not think it takes a genius to come to the conclusion that -- Something is wrong and it seems to be the Kemper. The Kemper is UNDER WARRANTY. Issue an RMA and sort it, without further delay.

Again @Inthrutheout I'll offer to help. Not to fix the problem, but to demonstrate it clearly. I understand you use a Tascam to record and not your computer. You should not have to jump through all of these hoops and this amount of time should not have passed. You should be waiting on your Kemper to arrive from the shop. I am in Southern MS. If that is close, we can compare Kemper units. If it is not, I'll gladly give you my phone number and work with you. You are not ignorant and do not need to be treated as such, but you may need a hand.

Soli Deo Gloria,
    Thomas

• While you're right bout playing same stuff would be better, I kindly disagree that the first clip necessarily suffers from too much pressure. I have that sound "popings", too, and they are definitely not from too much pressure. I think those are what CK describes as normal. The brittle sustain in @Dimi84s thread is way more obvious and I personally assume that this is not normal to tubeamps.

The buzz / ring (not sure we are talking about the same thing here) is from uneven pressure (notice I did not say hard?) His issue is unrelated to this, I simply brought it up because it is not helping anyone clearly hear the issue.

The 2nd update link (Sinmix profile) yes it's not good. Like I said before, the OP there is picking hard, bringing to the forefront the issue of what I have been saying and other users. @sinmix @MentaL @Cederick we all have brought up issues with the Kemper and get shot down by saying it's us. The Kemper handles thicker gain poorly. Lots of the other country and soft rock guys here don't get it.

• Trazan,

I have the impression that nobody really answered your question.
    Your single notes in this clip sound flat and I can hear similar artifacts like on the OPs original clips.
    Anyway, I do not conclude that your Profiler is broken, since your riffs sounded fine.

• Lots of the other country and soft rock guys here don't get it.

I hear it. I pick hard, too. Paul Gilbert picks hard. So picking hard should be fine with the KPA. Let's hope they solve it. I still suspect it's something with the input stage. I'll keep watching this thread from here, as I do not want to confuse things any further.

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• I don't think it's just the picking hard, I'm sure there is soft rock guys who do also. It's just a matter of the response of the Kemper with more gain. It introduces lots of highs and lacks lower mids and lows.

• I hear it. I pick hard, too. Paul Gilbert picks hard. So picking hard should be fine with the KPA. Let's hope they solve it. I still suspect it's something with the input stage. I'll keep watching this thread from here, as I do not want to confuse things any further.

@Fireloogie And Gilbert uses the KPA. A lot!

• Seems that the OP removed the clip from soundcloud...

Both clips were reamped using the same tube preamp without any noise gate in the chain. I didn't use the KPA.

If he told us the truth, both clips are direct tracks but from different guitars. I won't hold my breath on that after noticing that the clips were removed.

• Try my Engl savage the metal profile I added yesterday that's as fat as you can just about get it. TBH there are so many factors now in this it's hard to keep track.

Fret buzz
    Noise
    Kemper artifacts

But I also hear sloppy playing and poor technique which isn't helping. I don't want to sound like a twat but honestly the audio samples are bad hence why I a said try reamping with my dry track I posted also the other day..

• Sorry if I am being silly but there are two straightforward solutions here.

The Kemper convertor needs to be ruled out here. It could be a dodgy input or something. I have had audio interfaces where the preamp went strange. So the OP splits his signal direct into his Tascam (not through the Kemper) and another feed into the Kemper profile. Perhaps record through three different profiles that everyone could access. Then OP shares his direct Tascam track (that hasn't touched the Kemper) and others can re-amp through the exact same profiles. Then see if everyone gets the broken sound (indicating a source issue) or if only OP has broken sound then his unit is faulty.

OR

Kemper take it back and look at it and we end this mess. The unit is in warranty so why not at least have a look.

If the fault is intermittent it is very frustrating. I have a Focusrite ISA digital card that kept crackling randomly and support could not recreate it when I sent the unit in. But they did take it to look at and changed the card anyway.

• Pacocito and all,

Thank you very much for helping.
    Let me conclude what we have in our hands:

- Pacocitos second clip where everything sounds alright.
    - The corresponding DI track that was taken without the Profiler.

- Pacocitos first clip that sounds absolutely horrible. As said, there is a constant comb filter like a flange on it.
    - The corresponding DI track is not on Sound Cloud anymore, still it would be interesting to listen to it.

- Our support has received DI tracks taken by the Profiler, that does not reveal this flanger sound. However, these were different takes.
    - No other clip posted reveals such a flanger sound.

- We have Trazans clips where he successfully attemps to recreate the sound impression of the OPs clips in question.

- We have no clip of the Profiler changing the tone from time to time.

- MentaL has offered him to reamp his dry track. No answer yet.

Some days ago our support has received a DI track and a processed track from the OP that would show a fault. I cannot tell if it was ever posted on this thread, since the OP has deleted most clips from his Soundcloud page by whatever reason. However, theses tracks consisted of well played single notes as well as some power chords. Both DI and processed clip didn't reveal any anormalies, they sounded flawless. There was some natural fret buzz on the power chords, but that should not be the problem. I would appreciate if the OP would put them on Soundcloud so everybody could check them.

If there was something wrong with the hardware, it would easily be noticable by everybody. A bad connection or a broken component would make a DI track sound like a mess, as a guitar signal is tremendously sensitive to even the smallest signal faults.

We are happy to help, so OP load up these clips again!

• MentaL did the same reamp I did but using the KPA instead of a tube amp and got similar results. That DI track had a problem.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• MentaL did the same reamp I did but using the KPA instead of a tube amp and got similar results. That DI track had a problem

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This is a different DI track than for the previous example, right?
    This DI track is lost on this thread.
    Can you post it again?

According to the OP, this DI track should make an unpleasant sound at any gain level and with every profile. Can you second that?
    If the DI track has a problem, it should easily be noticable, even better than listening to the processed sound.

• This is a different DI track than for the previous example, right?
    This DI track is lost on this thread.
    Can you post it again?

According to the OP, this DI track should make an unpleasant sound at any gain level and with every profile. Can you second that?
    If the DI track has a problem, it should easily be noticable, even better than listening to the processed sound.

I deleted the DI track I used. The OT should make the available again as you suggested.

• Well. Cool.

This is all I asked for from the word go. Some help. From The Kemper team.

This all was so unnecessary. To get to this point.

I did not want to be on trial in front and by all of my peers. I would have been happy just dealing with this through the proper channels.

Yes I feel I have been put on trial by some here. Some have been very decent and seemed legit and sincere.
    Some have been far from sincere.
    Yet others were like a pendulum. Acting like they were with me for a post or two and then come back accusingly just to flip back friendly again. That to me is the definition of a troll for sure.

I will not give names. You would surely know who you are.

The only good thing I got from Burkhard Dinnie ( In my mind anyways) was in a nutshell to deal with him and not mix or compare anything on the forum. I DEFINITELY understand this even more now but....

I did try this and I got nowhere. So frustration kicked in and now I end up even more frustrated. Feel like a rag doll being pulled apart from all appendages at once with daddy looking down from above not stepping in to help. If anything, feeding the fire instead of pulling me aside and putting things back on track. PM or email.

I don't know Burkhard but I would prefer help from someone else.

I quickly read through the latest posts. Not sure if I got it down right.

Was somebody talking of my technique or somebody else's? This thread has been overlapping with others issues. I can't keep up. As I imagine others are getting lost here too.
    If it was about my technique-

What technique ? They were simple single notes. Intentionally!

1. It was my guess that analyzing would be easier with a single note not being interfered with by others
    blending in. Make sense? I think so. I could do some power chords or what have you but distortion in
    In power chords will mask some of what I hear. Although they do not sound like they should either.

2. I also am not here to audition for anybody. Besides, I wanted my technique to not come in question.
    There is no doubt it would happen. My technique does not change anyway. Unlike the sound of my KPA.

As far as picking hard. Once again I intentionally did not. Tried to keep it to ring as clear as possible as not to add yet another element.
    As for deleting the older SoundCloud clips. Yes I did because it was getting messy. I was getting confused with what was what any more. Who was talking about what recording and all. I didn't think it would drag out like this.

All that is on there now is what I recorded directly from guitar into recorder.

Ok, enough of these wall of words posts. I just do not want to deal with this through the forum any more.
    I shouldn't have to. At this point I will no longer.

For all of those that truly tried to help without being sarcastic, demeaning or accusatory, I truly appreciate your interest and help.

I just kindly ask that the Kemper team please email me with exactly what they would like from me.
    They know what I am working with recording wise and all.

What rig. How to record. Through what.
    The first DI and Main channel recordings I first sent had the issue but comparing them now, they were not as bad. This thing changes in severity. It has gotten way worse but I never know what to expect from one startup to the next.
    If it is hardware, software, input, output, or settings I do not know. I just know what I hear. Night and day.
    Thanks

• I just kindly ask that the Kemper team please email me with exactly what they would like from me.

Ok. I'm leaving the thread now.

Inthrutheout, I think that there is information enough in the last post to have an idea of what clips are needed but have been more focused in writing those long emails and reacting to those that thought that you were a troll than paying attention to what some people suggested. All you wanted was Kemper team coming here to help you and all the time spent by some of us (writing and reamping) what simply ignored. I sent you a private message asking for those recording and you never answered me. You made us waste our time and don't deserve being helped anymore.

If you don't want to be considered a troll, don't act like one.

Ah! Some tickets I opened were processed by Burkhard Dinnies and I must say that he has always been super professional, helpful and found a solution to my problems.

Edited once, last by pacocito ().