[closed] user refuses help

• oh and as far as getting recordings of the tones changing from good to bad.
    I am all for it. Trust me.

But remember I do work for a living. :)
    Through the day then bids, paperwork or measuring new jobs in the evenings.

Also the KPA has to cooperate.

Maybe there has been a misunderstanding.

The KPA generally stays in a good state or a bad state to some varying degree. But when it works it is excellent. No mistaking it. All in the same rig. I am not basing any of this on changing from one rig to another.

When this first reared its ugly head I actually heard the extreme change while playing. This has never happened before. Or since.

It usually will start up good or bad. The bad has been more prevalent now. The bad can get worse as playing though.

Hope this is better understood.

• @Inthrutheout I cannot speak for the other people but do not take my bluntness as a negative. I tried to describe what I was hearing and how I would submit a recording to help narrow down the issues.

Maybe @ckemper could have a standard way to send sound samples instead of relying on the user to come up with ideas. Play a C chord followed by the notes played individually. Something more standardized. Just a thought.

• if i don't come across as sincere is probably because this thread makes me want to bang my head across the table, its frustrating for you, for me for us... we all want to help but its just really really --- ugh! plus @ckemper is the genius behind it , he said no issues.. I figured maybe it would have been defective initially because of the noise but I still think there are other factors at play especially considering all that has been said.

I dont think I have anything else constructive to add here, so I bid thee farewell ogre!

• @Inthrutheout I cannot speak for the other people but do not take my bluntness as a negative. I tried to describe what I was hearing and how I would submit a recording to help narrow down the issues.

Maybe @ckemper could have a standard way to send sound samples instead of relying on the user to come up with ideas. Play a C chord followed by the notes played individually. Something more standardized. Just a thought.

We have a standard process and the support has gone thru this already. We have received a DI track and processed track many days ago.
    We have listened to the clips with a number of experienced people and came to the conclusion that there is no hardware or software problem with his Profiler.
    We told him our conclusion.
    This audition however took a few days to finish, as we take things seriously. In the mean time he opened up this "Unacceptable Support" thread.

The day I chimed into this thread, a number of clips have dissappeared already ...

• there is no hardware or software problem with his Profiler

Since the DI track was recorded through the front end of the Kemper, is it not possible the front end of the Kemper introduced the 'problem' when recording his DI track? I didn't see in the troubleshooting performed by the Kemper staff to consider this possibility. Without eliminating this possibility I don't see how one could determine there is nothing wrong with his profiler.

My post is not intended to challenge you or your staff, but to clear the air on how the Kemper may or may not influence DI tracks recorded using the Kemper.

• We have a standard process and the support has gone thru this already. We have received a DI track and processed track many days ago.
    We have listened to the clips with a number of experienced people and came to the conclusion that there is no hardware or software problem with his Profiler.
    This audition however took a few days to finish, as we take things seriously. In the mean time he opened up this "Unacceptable Support" thread.

The day I chimed into this thread, a number of clips have dissappeared already ...

One of the email replies said they heard something and then they were looking into it.
    Next one said there is nothing wrong.
    Then I am told I have "nasty" sounding speakers.
    Make up your minds.

You just read over my last replies on this thread explaining .........you know what......just read it yourself post 260 and 261......or not, I am sick of repeating myself.

• Ah! Some tickets I opened were processed by Burkhard Dinnies and I must say that he has always been super professional, helpful and found a solution to my problems.

I've dealt with Burkhard a bit, and IMHO there's zero ego there - no attitude to speak of. Patient, humble and polite, I don't know what more one could ask of him or the support team.

Just saying this, ITTO, 'cause I think you've severely misjudged Burkhard; he doesn't deserve that. Condescending? Burkhard? Not on your life, brother.

• if the front input a>d is suspected to be faulty, try the alternate input or even the fx loop return placed in one of the stomp slots.

Just a suggestion. Also, keep very keen track of exactly how anything is recorded. Document all the connections, the profiles used, the os version, the guitar/pickups used, etc.

Do you have a looper? You could even place a delay effect in one of the stomp slots and let it repeat a simple riff over and over, so you can let it record for a long period of time and see if you can find a point where you catch it changing sounds. Maybe also gently move the kpa around, see if it jiggles a faulty lead.

Finally, see it from others perspective - you dont have any clear evidence of a fault. You are saying the sound changed - try to show that. Or provide a di and a reamp and share the profile. Make an experiment that anyone can reproduce.

• Since the DI track was recorded through the front end of the Kemper, is it not possible the front end of the Kemper introduced the 'problem' when recording his DI track? I didn't see in the troubleshooting performed by the Kemper staff to consider this possibility. Without eliminating this possibility I don't see how one could determine there is nothing wrong with his profiler.
    My post is not intended to challenge you or your staff, but to clear the air on how the Kemper may or may not influence DI tracks recorded using the Kemper.

This. Alternative input is worth a try, but there should be a file with no Profiler at all. I don't want to mess up things, want to get this clear and since K-Team is in now: Please say something to the unconstant sustain in the following link:

Sinmix Friedman BE 10 artifact noise? (Update: many other profiles with same artefacts)

This has been reproduced by support as mentioned. Is this the same issue or are we talking different things here? I suffer from the latter. For those who fear to suffer from this it is serious, these threads are very informative and helpfull. @ckemper: Please, is this considered a technical issue or is it not? Thx in advance.

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

Edited once, last by Fireloogie ().

• We have a standard process and the support has gone thru this already. We have received a DI track and processed track many days ago.

270 posts here. Many requests to load the right tunes up, nothing happend, you guys spent a lot of time to help but i think this will be a never ending story.
    Kudos for your patience. A good indicator for top servic.

For me, after reading a lot of post here a short chime in and a quick chime out.

My statement : The tread titel must change to "top service". When i read how many time the kpa team ( not only one support guy ) invest to find a solution here, i cant understand why you didnt receive the missed files as quick as possible. Same for the time of many users here. I think this thread blockes a lot of support capacity which other ones need.

Quick in, quick out as written

• + 1 for changing thread title. It's nowhere close to the common user experience and might mislead new customers.

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• One of the email replies said they heard something and then they were looking into it.Next one said there is nothing wrong.
    Then I am told I have "nasty" sounding speakers.
    Make up your minds.

You just read over my last replies on this thread explaining .........you know what......just read it yourself post 260 and 261......or not, I am sick of repeating myself.

The support guys were not sure at first place, thats why they sent it to me. We thought your problem is about the beating that is noticable in the clip.
    I reamped it thru a tube amp, same results. That's why they said: Nothing wrong.

However, here is the story how Burkhard suggested to try out other speakers. This is what you wrote to Burkhard:

"This may seem subtle to you but it is not. It sounds like total shit here. Any and every profile with gain does this. I have
    rolled the gain down and it does not go away until I get a totally clean sound.
    If you think it is at all playable you would be wrong. It sounds terrible. Trust me. If your KPA sounded like this you would
    not play it or consider it even slightly acceptable, even temporarily."

We have a lot of support requests of people who cannot handle the sound of FRFR speakers. That's why Burkhard considered this could be part of your problem and adviced you to try other speakers.

The OPs message to the support is as you can read above:
    All sounds shit, every gained profile. Everything but clean sounds.
    If there was a flaw in the DI signal, the OP would notice it with clean rigs even better than with distorted rigs.

He has sent the DI track to the support as well. It is flawless. The OP has never doubted the DI track, but the processed (gained) track.

This DI track has disappeared from his Soundclound account. And you are obviosly not willing to bring it back.

PS: What's new in post 260 or 261?

• could it even be the output has an intermittent fault? Like an internal loose connection or solder joint?

• OP, did you ever own a tube amp and cranked it up to a proper level (e.g. stage level, working with drums)? If you did, you know that it will expose every playing mistake.

What I hear in your samples is lack of muting even when playing single notes, uneven picking etc. Many profiles are taken from cranked tube amps and Kemper recreates how they behave very faithfully even at low volumes, it will expose every mistake, just like a cranked tube amp. I had to adjust to this personally during first couple of weeks of owning Kemper, because it's very deceptive, you don't get the volume but the amps reacts like on full.

The technique does change a lot, especially at amateur level where there is a lot of inconsistency, I remember talking to a very seasoned, stadium level pros and they would suffer from this from time to time too.

Kemper has some high gain quirks, but I am not hearing any of these here, I do hear a lot of noise coming out from sloppy playing.

As far as level of support goes, CK is truly showing a lot of patience here :), I'd not exactly call it unacceptable.

• On a side note.
    I did not go from 0 to 100 instantly.
    I have been quite decent and accommodating for over 2 weeks now but I have finally reached my boiling point after getting no help from Kemper.
    This is just plain BS.

At this point I believe it's confusing to anyone who reading this thread.

To be pragmatic and logical let's make today our starting point.

As of today, you're getting help from the top of the company and let's be realistic here, you're interested in fixing your Kemper and Kemper is also here to help, in this thread. We are all also interested. Who cares how this ended up handled openly in the forum. Moving forward is the best option for obvious reasons.

Please post clips in this thread to demonstrate the problem and please don't delete them. Drop box audio track and DI of the same track and the Profile used.

If your problem is already resolved, please indicate and don't drag this on, and if not, you'll be doing everyone a service and not only yourself by posting or providing the clips and moving forward.

• The OP has had his KPA for a while and seemed to love the sound and it just recently changed. Comments about his playing should be irrelevant since his plating was probably and hopefully worse back then :)
    He has obviously noticed a change in the sound whether it has been clear through the clips will have to be sorted out, but to say he has an issue with his playing will not in my opinion help solve his issue.
    Let's get the clips sorted out and let the Kemper staff analyze the data and work it out.

Hoping for a quick resolution for all parties involved!

Dave