Preamp-Power amp separation

• I would like to be able, to separate the preamp stage of an amp from the power amp stage, in the "AMP" section.

So I can profile varius preamps & power amps and use them in any combination.

After that, could be nice if I can send to the KPA's monitor out the signal of:

- Preamp only

- Preamp + Power amp

- Preamp + Power amp + Cab

Also I would like (if this is possible) the preamp & power amp of a profiled amp to be separated after profiling.
    (similar to what happens now with cab)

• +1

And wouldn't it be cool if there were send/receive connectors on the back so you profile each one individually? hehehe

Stop that crap! Otherwise we will all have to sell our KPA......to get the KPA II 8o

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Yeah it's very useful for live situations, to have
    the preamp signal only, from the monitor out and connect to a power amp+cab, when simultaneously have full signal to the main out and go to FOH

• Yeah it's very useful for live situations, to have
    the preamp signal only, from the monitor out and connect to a power amp+cab, when simultaneously have full signal to the main out and go to FOH

You can do it already, is just that the KPA leaves a portion of the cab "colouring" in, so that you can have a more accurate representation of what goes to FOH, through your cab

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• You can do it already, is just that the KPA leaves a portion of the cab "colouring" in, so that you can have a more accurate representation of what goes to FOH, through your cab

I know this you say, but
    I asked only for preamp section, no power amp, and no miced cab (even portion) from monitor out.

When you have only the preamp section, connecting to a real tube power amp and guitar cab, the sound is more

natural, and is the same as comes out from real amp. ("amp in the room")

• I know this you say, but
    I asked only for preamp section, no power amp, and no miced cab (even portion) from monitor out.

When you have only the preamp section, connecting to a real tube power amp and guitar cab, the sound is more

natural, and is the same as comes out from real amp. ("amp in the room")

Agree in principles, but then you're back at miking your cab onstage in order to know what the audience is hearing......

• Agree in principles, but then you're back at miking your cab onstage in order to know what the audience is hearing......

It's not necessary to mic the cab, if you have full profiled sound to the main outs. Especially if you use the killer cabs of Tills :thumbup: , you're sure what audience is hearing.

Of course there's always the option if someone wants to mic the real cab and mix it with Kemper's cab sim,but IMO is not necessary.

and something else:

If you go full FRFR and you want to know exactly what the audience is hearing, you must have the same speaker that audience hear, in front of you as monitor, and get the sound from the mixer of PA system.

• If you go full FRFR and you want to know exactly what the audience is hearing, you must have the same speaker that audience hear, in front of you as monitor, and get the sound from the mixer of PA system.

...this is what I do when I get a spare monitor return from FOH. Mains and monitors are (95%) the same in our system

• So I did

Profiling my Twin, Mark 4... from send, so I got the preamp only, and Tool the cabs from Till for D.I. Recording.....

Killer !

• So I did

Profiling my Twin, Mark 4... from send, so I got the preamp only, and Tool the cabs from Till for D.I. Recording.....

Killer !

The natural order of an amp is

input-----preamp----power amp-----out----cab.

I'm glad that works for you, but I'm surprised because, you skipped the power amp section(?)