Not sure if my Kemper's knackered........

• ....... I've had the Kemper for a little over a year now, and, when I first had it I couldn't get the wah functioning correctly. I wasn't concerned, as I was fairly certain it was a settings issue, and I had an external wah anyhow at the time. I then bought a couple of H9's, one of which handled wah for me. However, I since sold my wah, and was now hoping to sell the 2 H9's now that 5.0 has arrived with it's new delays.

So I turned my attention back to using the Kemper's wah. Checked a couple of threads on here concerning settings, and then duplicated them to no avail. I also tried someone's suggestion of using a commercial rig with a wah included, but that made no difference. I'm using a Mission pedal, and it calibrates just fine. It handles volume swells perfectly, so I know it's not defective. It's just that the wah is nowhere near what it should be. If I sweep the pedal up and down the difference in tone is almost indiscernible. It's not just a preference thing. If you saw me playing you'd wonder why the hell I was pressing the pedal up and down as you'd hear no evidence. Not sure what to do as the Kemper, bought from Anderton's, is outside of the warranty period now. Any suggestions?

• Did you ever calibarate your pedal within the Kemper? This procedure tells the Kemper about the low and high values,..

Yes, as I said in the opening post. It calibrates perfectly.

....... I've had the Kemper for a little over a year now, and, when I first had it I couldn't get the wah functioning correctly. I wasn't concerned, as I was fairly certain it was a settings issue, and I had an external wah anyhow at the time. I then bought a couple of H9's, one of which handled wah for me. However, I since sold my wah, and was now hoping to sell the 2 H9's now that 5.0 has arrived with it's new delays.

So I turned my attention back to using the Kemper's wah. Checked a couple of threads on here concerning settings, and then duplicated them to no avail. I also tried someone's suggestion of using a commercial rig with a wah included, but that made no difference. I'm using a Mission pedal, and it calibrates just fine. It handles volume swells perfectly, so I know it's not defective. It's just that the wah is nowhere near what it should be. If I sweep the pedal up and down the difference in tone is almost indiscernible. It's not just a preference thing. If you saw me playing you'd wonder why the hell I was pressing the pedal up and down as you'd hear no evidence. Not sure what to do as the Kemper, bought from Anderton's, is outside of the warranty period now. Any suggestions?

Have you opened a support ticket?

No, not as yet. I was hoping it might have been something I could sort. Don't really want to be sending the unit back to Germany if I can help it. If this thread doesn't resolve anything than I shall have to.

• This the same control pedal you've used elsewhere with success? (Just to eliminate a faulty pedal).

Otherwise have you ever tried a full factory reset?

• I found it difficult to get a good way sound initially but the monkey spent a while collating different way settings and published them here

Kemper Wah Settings

I couldn't get the settings to load but manually input a couple and the wah sounds great.

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10

• This the same control pedal you've used elsewhere with success? (Just to eliminate a faulty pedal).

Otherwise have you ever tried a full factory reset?

I thought that because the pedal was being registered by the Kemper as sweeping across the full range according to the calibration meter that it was working perfectly. And also because it allows volume swells perfectly fine. Now I'm not so sure. I shall try swapping the pedals over later, as I have 2 identical Mission pedals.

You're sure that the wah is on, and engaged? ;)

Absolutely, lol ^^

I found it difficult to get a good way sound initially but the monkey spent a while collating different way settings and published them here

Kemper Wah Settings

I couldn't get the settings to load but manually input a couple and the wah sounds great.

It's not about me getting a good wah sound, but more of the fact that I'm getting virtually zero wah effect, good or bad. But I shall certainly try those settings when I get the wah functioning.