Bug? Massive Gain-Loss!

• Saturday we played a gig and at the soundcheck I realised I had a massive problem....

All rigs in all performances I tried had only about 20% Gain/Drive they should have.
    The values shown on the display and with the Gain-LED were correct, but the sound not.

I checked output and input values, everything correct.

I loaded the same performances in another Kemper. Connected the same guitar with the same cable. Here everthing was great.

I turned the KPA off and on again. At first it sounded great. After I went into the output menu and exited it without changing something Gain was gone again.

Another Bootup didn't help.

Then I downgraded Firmware from 5 to 4.0.6 Release and everything was as it should again.

Before that I had no problems with OS5.
    Anyone had problems like that yet? Is it related to OS5 or not?

• I just sent the email to the support.
    Of course, there is always a risk in using betas.
    Till now I was just lucky. Over the years I had bugs from time to time, but never at a gig.

• It happens to me every time I power on the KPA. The gain sounds ~ half-way. In my case the volume pedal is the culrpit, I've set it pre-stomps and when it powers up, the value is at the middle or similar, don't know why. Just have to do a full sweep with the pedal and the problem is gone, check yours if you have one!

• Stuff is running rampid all over the place. Thread after thread.

Hey ITTO.

Kukulkahn's issue isn't an issue; the Kemper defaults to half volume rather than full for his pedal. All he's gotta do is touch the pedal to override it, and even then, only once after powering up.

Bobby risked a gig with a beta software version, and all was corrected when he reverted to the FW v4.0.6 Release.

Yes, there are others with seemingly-inexplicable gain-loss and "weird-sounding", especially on distorted Profiles, issues right now. This hasn't been the norm in the past, and it isn't even "normal" now; it might seem far-more prevalent as a proportion of the whole user base than it really is, considering how many units are out there and that most issues probably get reported here, regardless of whether or not support tickets are created.

Another thing to consider is that practically every user, you would think, who's ditched his or her Kemper 'cause it acted strangely and couldn't be fixed, would've reported it here and warned all and sundry. This sort of thing is so rare it's statistically irrelevant IMHO.

IMHO, it only looks bad 'cause you're struggling with your Kemper's anomalous behaviour right now, but I'm sure that once it's fixed you'll see things in a much-more pleasant light. Hang in there man. ;)

• Well said, Nicky.

• I guess now I know what happend.
    And if it happend this way, it is NOT a Bug, it is a "feature" that I didn't knew ;)

Im using the Remote and two pedals (Wah and Morph).
    Last week I set the Wah pedal as a Volume Pedal (pre stomp).
    In rehearsal before the Gig I set it back to Wah.

BUT:
    The Volumevalue that is set with the Pedal STAYS when you change the Pedalsetting to Wah (or something else).

So I guess the Volumepedal was not at MAX when i changed the setting in the menu back to Wah. And i didn't noticed it at first.
    At the soundcheck I didn't thought that the Volumepedalvalue can be less than MAX when there is no Volumepedal....
    But it can.

As I saw now, at Systempage 5/18 you can see and change the Value of the Volumepedal. Even if it is not connected.

Maybe some of you already knew this, for all the others this might be good to know.

• So what i described does not fully answer what happened in my case.
    The support told me, that the Value of the Volumepedal is always set to max after bootup.
    But my problem didn't disapear after reboot.