Need more info about input sens(e)

• Please could someone with inside knowledge shed some light on "Clean Sens" and "Distortion Sens" (resp. "Clean Sense" and "Distortion Sense" in 6911)?
    In my opinion these settings are most important.

Thanks.

• These are the controls for the Input sensitivity for clean and distorted sounds (in case you put a dirt box in front) and they allow you to compensate for the PU output. The 3 color led on top of the input is your clip led. This enables you to avoid clipping the A/D. Very similar to what the black box and the orange box have. ;)

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Please describe the interaction between clean and distortion sense.
    How do you set the correct level of distortion sense? The input light seems to be independent from distortion sense settings ...

• Please describe the interaction between clean and distortion sense.
    How do you set the correct level of distortion sense? The input light seems to be independent from distortion sense settings ...

...till you don't put a pedal in front of it, then it starts working. With the guitar in to the Kemper (the all time) I leave distortion sense to 0 and use only clean sense.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• The default setting for the distortion sense is 0.
    If you look at any of the profiles/rigs/patches made by Peter Fischer, or Manfred Franzkowiak, or Christophe Kemper you'll notice the distortion sense is on 0.

If you land on a Rig and you're playing humbuckers and the input light is clipping red you know whoever made that Rig was using single coils, so you turn it down until it's not clipping with your humbuckers.

Why is the distortion sense default 0, I don't know, if you dont like it on 0 then set it wherever you want according to your ears.

• Are you sure? The clean sense middle position has value 5 (goes from 0 to 10) but the distortion one in the middle position is 0 (goes from -5 to 5).

Sorry man, you're right. Dist is 0. Please note the time of the post :sleeping: , I should stop surfing from th iPhone when I'm in bed.... 8|

• btw. I created input settings for all my guitars and then store them as input presets.
    My input settings are locked - and in case I change the guitar - then I change the input setting.

This is a VERY great feature in the KPA.

I use Clean Sense to adjust the guitar level - and in case I wanted some more distortion out of my Strat - than I change Distortion Sense temporarily.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de