whatever (solved) bug caused confusion

• and i know that kemper aims for constancy ,and i think this is great but still it has not worked in 4.2 with that "bug" or "fix"

as already discussed, this "fix" was only aimed at positioning the rectishaper after the amp section, which you did not do.So i would not blame this fix for your problem.

• Bommel,

you still owe me the answer, where the recti shaper is positioned.

We have made this change in the effect section, because many people have complained that the frequency responce of the effects loop is not as they expect.
    This only affects nonlinear effects used in the effects section. We have anticipated that such effects are very rarely used in the effects section, and as you can see, there no other user so far complaining.
    As this is a matter of filtering, please send the rig in question to the support.
    We will try to find a setting that sounds equal or close to your original.
    That is when your recti shaper is positioned in the effects section .....

• oh, i thought i wrote that in the other threat, it is positioned in front of the amp. But as you can hear in the following samples, the same profile is now pretty unusable, in the zip file are 2 mp3s of the same profile in version 3.3. and 4.2

so not the rectishaper itself did not change ? Thanks for the help i'm kind of stuck in my Situation

• i also tried to make the profile soudn the same in 4.2 but it was not possible somehow

• Just to confirm, I tried the settings Bommel posted in his other thread, and I got the same sound as his "problem" clip.

- Amp gain set to where you think "this could really use a boost, it's pretty dull".
    - Recti Shaper in slot C, Drive at 10.
    - Bit Shaper in slot D, Drive and Tone at 10.

If I turn up the Volume on the Recti Shaper, or put an extra boost in front, I start to get more signal through the Bit Shaper's "gate". Turning the amp gain up also brings the signal back. Neither of those get me a tone like what Bommel had before, though.

• Bommel,

you still owe me the answer, where the recti shaper is positioned.

He mentioned here that it is positioned before the amp, so I think that the conclusion that this is an intentional change (as a consequence of changes in the effects section) is premature, and so is this feature request.

Bommel, @ckemper clearly said (in the other thread as well) that the only intentional change they are aware of occurs in the effects section, after the amp. Your best chance at getting this solved is by seeing this for what it probably is: a bug; i.e., something the Kemper team would like to eliminate just as much as you do. Provide them with all the information you can, including sound clips, example rigs and settings [which you already did while I was writing this :thumbup: ].

I think the 'feature' you're asking for in this thread is something the Kemper team has been committed to from the start. The existence of the 'Legacy delay' is a very good example of that. Any exceptions to this rule are either unintentional (bugs or oversights to be solved a.s.a.p.) or very carefully considered decisions (the case of non-linear effects after the amp, which does not apply to your problem).

The fuzz sounds you shared here in the past are highly regarded by a lot of people, so i'm sure you're not the only one hoping to get this solved!! :)

• How about we just stop arguing whether it's a FR or a bug? It doesn't matter, he has a genuine problem and Kemper are trying to help him.

Because it may look like, that this "feature" needs to be requested and is not present yet. New users or potential users that are reading that might think "i do not want my sounds to change after updates, maybe the kemper is not for me then"

I know, this is exaggerated a bit, but it seems that he is already in contact with support. Therefore this feature request thread does not add to the solving of his problem.

• you know i am totally happy with ckempers answers. they answer my questions and give a bit hope that they will work on that/ find a solution

but imagine that you most important sounds do not work anymore and only do so when you use an older version of the firmware
    an all you get is rude comments and nonsense like changing the title of the threat while you're stressed out while you're figuring out yourself what makes the sounds work again ... and nobody actually helps but shovels the guilt around while you only want a solution and not a "who's guilty" "you should have done this and that" ... that was a pretty disappointing expierience in this forum ...

• How about we just stop arguing whether it's a FR or a bug? It doesn't matter, he has a genuine problem and Kemper are trying to help him.

• Because it may look like, that this "feature" needs to be requested and is not present yet. New users or potential users that are reading that might think "i do not want my sounds to change after updates, maybe the kemper is not for me then"
    I know, this is exaggerated a bit, but it seems that he is already in contact with support. Therefore this feature request thread does not add to the solving of his problem.

Maybe the new title helps.

• If some of you have 4.2 or 5.0 installed would you liek to help and see if this profile works ? recording a very short clip would be very helpful

So am I. I agree that it's mostly an inconsequential case of semantics, but the difference is between a user trying to argue against a perceived desicion by the Kemper team, and both the user and the team helping each other to eliminate an unwanted bug.

but imagine that you most important sounds do not work anymore

I really do understand this and I'm glad it's moving forward now! But honestly, looking through this thread, all I see is @'LH' very carefully trying to argue what I said above: that the 'intentional change' hypothesis was wrong from the start and standing in the way of a solution, as it lead the Kemper team to look in the wrong place (i.e., the effects section). He was trying to help and he was right.

If some of you have 4.2 or 5.0 installed would you liek to help and see if this profile works ? recording a very short clip would be very helpful

I won't be with my Kemper until tonight but I'll see if I get a chance then!

• So am I. I agree that it's mostly an inconsequential case of semantics, but the difference is between a user trying to argue against a perceived desicion by the Kemper team, and both the user and the team helping each other to eliminate an unwanted bug.

I really do understand this and I'm glad it's moving forward now! But honestly, looking through this thread, all I see is @'LH' very carefully trying to argue what I said above: that the 'intentional change' hypothesis was wrong from the start and standing in the way of a solution, as it lead the Kemper team to look in the wrong place (i.e., the effects section). He was trying to help and he was right.

Exactly this.

We were trying to get the message across that there might be a BUG rather than a MISSING FEATURE - and should be handled as such :)

• @Bommel, like Robrecht, i can imagine that it really sucks losing your main sounds. It would stress me out as well.
    And i really hope you get it sorted out with the help of the kemper support.

I did not mean to shatter your search for help. And i hope this whole thread does not shed a bad light on this forum, as i think this is probably the best and most helpful forum i have seen.

Nevertheless, i had a bit of a problem with opening this feature request additionally to the other thread where you tried to solve the problem with the help of the members (for the stated reasons).

But lets just put this topic aside. I think it is clear now that the Kemper team will aim for not changing any sounds through updates and also for not resetting any settings of the profiler regarding footswitches, volume, clean sense, etc.
    Regarding leaving the old delays available additionally to the new ones, i think we just have different opinions. This will be a decision of the kemper team and i think it is fair enough to raise this request if you would like to have it that way.

So, i hope you will sort out the problem with the kemper support soon and will keep us updated about the solution.

• If some of you have 4.2 or 5.0 installed would you liek to help and see if this profile works ? recording a very short clip would be very helpful

Hi Bommel,
    it doesn't work. I've played the same riff twice - with and without the Recti Shaper. (Only if you alter the ducking parameter to extreme values (-5 or +5), you get a more audible sound.)
    Cheers,
    Stefan

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guitars for what I told her they cost.

Edited once, last by malleus ().

• || ... too bad but at least it is a general bug and not a problem of my kemper itself i added a short sample of the profile i just recorded. made with the version 3.3 and the old rectumshaper ... oh and nothing is eqed so yeah jsut as a showcase so that you know how it should sound