Any profiles for Metallica "Atlas Rise" type of tones?

• Dear all,

I mostly use my own profiles and they tend to be better for my needs than most commercial ones. Tone is such a personal thing after all. If anything the Kemper has helped me realize how true this is.

THAT being said, damn did I love the tones in the new Metallica track. Here for reference...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Does anyone have profiles that sound close to this tone? It's definitely not "modern" per se... But clear, damn clear and a bit vintag-y, not overly gainy...

I've been going through a few profiles but haven't found something similar.

Cheerios!!

• Try some of the Rig Exchange (or Kemper Rig Packs) Friedman, Marshall, JMP rigs from And44/Amp Factory and from okstrat and Tim Owens. (There are hundreds, if not thousands of other great free Marshall rigs, but these are the first ones that come to mind)

Look for the higher gain Rigs, but turn your guitar volume down to get that transparent distortion that responds to the dynamics in your playing.

If you are recording, double the parts to make them sound like the example. For live use, use a delay and/or micropitch to suggest doubles guitar parts.

• I wrote a comment about an hour saying I have something similar. And by that I didn't want to sound like I was advertising my store. Sorry for that. I do have a profile of Mesa mark 4 on IIC+ channel that sounds similar and I was gonna share it with you guys. First thing tomorrow when I get in the studio.
    Cheers!

• I wrote a comment about an hour saying I have something similar. And by that I didn't want to sound like I was advertising my store. Sorry for that. I do have a profile of Mesa mark 4 on IIC+ channel that sounds similar and I was gonna share it with you guys. First thing tomorrow when I get in the studio.
    Cheers!

@Cili Great! Cheerios!

• James uses channel 3 of a Diezel VH4

Search Rigexchange for Deadlight studio...pick the VH4 Channel 3 Profile and dial the gain a bit back - done

@Deadlightstudio Thanks a lot -- I downloaded the profile. It's in the ballpark of the Altas Rise tone in a good mix but not quite cutting it with a dimarzio Titan I tried it with (really not a fan of this pickup). If it reacts similar to the real amp I should get better results using a tight active pickup (Hetfield's bridge pickup is as tight as they come, right?). Trying this with Fishamn Fluence Moderns soon. Cheerios!

• i dont know those Titans..but yeah for Metallica you will always come the closest with EMGs....maybe also with Fishmans yes!

Did so. Fishmans work reaaaaal good with your profile ;) They are like EMG 81 but considerably more dynamic, better note separation, clarity, everything. Cheerios