a look to the future...

• I would like to know some things about the various OS releases... sharing some thoughts
    Basically the OS has two main jobs: process the profiles and simulate the effect chain.

Trying to be as clear as possible, I wonder:

• A) how much of the hardware resources are used, related to a full 100% available?
      (This could give a hint on how long the OS could evolve before encountering any kind of hardware/softweare bottleneck)
    • B) of the current amount of processing power used, how much is for FX and how much is for pure amp simulation?
    • C) Do the the various OS releases differ mainly for the FX introduced/optimized, or there is significant improvement of the profiling/amp simulation part?

this leads to the final question:

• D) whenever (as late as possible) the hardware limit is reached, would be possible to have an "amp simulation only" OS version that maximizes the sound quality, even to detriment of the FX section?

I personally find the FX in the KPA *VERY* good and useful, but since its main job is to simulate an amp, I'd rather sacrifice some FX feature instead of having to buy a newer hardware platform... I didn't sell my stompboxes yet! :D:D

I understand my thoughts are still rather theoretical and ipothetical, but anyway, for the sake of discussion, I'd like to know about it... ;)

• For most of your questions, you will only get speculation and guesses. There are similar threads discussing those topics (including a currently active thread).

for C):

The Kemper company has indicated in the past that they considered the evolution of the actual profiling process to be "complete". A rig created in OS 1.x would sound the same in a KPA with that OS installed as in a KPA with OS 5 ( with the same Input and Output settings).

New OS versions include new features, fixes, user requested enhancements, etc.

• that's good, because it means that a possible newer model will possibly have more complementary features, maybe a different form factor, but for the amp profiling my KPA won't be obsoleted soon.. :) :)