Update 19.07.2012: TillS Cabinets - 1960 V30/T75 / Mesa Recto 4 x 12 / mixed / G12H30 cabs

• I must be doing something wrong, but, I can't import ANY cabs. Not even the free amp factory ones. Using 1.8 public beta here. Profile imports using usb stick works fine though. ;( Please helps me. :rolleyes:

Are you sure?, I bet they're in your Kemper.

First...have you done this?
    Press and Hold the Cabinet button...a new window opens.
    Use the Browse knob to scroll through the Cabinets.

Importing Cabinet files is the same as Importing Profile files, no difference.
    Copy and Paste the Cabinet files into the 'Shared' folder & Import.

• Thanks Tyler. I use your free cabs quite a bit, so I decided to buy your Chimaera pack as a donation. After checking out the demo's, I may actually like them so I will give them a good auditioning.

BTW: I could not find "Canada" in the country list, but I did find "Kanada", so I chose that. Just wanted to point it out to you as I am not sure if it is a typo or translation error.

• Thanks Tyler. I use your free cabs quite a bit, so I decided to buy your Chimaera pack as a donation. After checking out the demo's, I may actually like them so I will give them a good auditioning.

BTW: I could not find "Canada" in the country list, but I did find "Kanada", so I chose that. Just wanted to point it out to you as I am not sure if it is a typo or translation error.

That is how you write it in German ;)

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Sorry to those who didn´t get the download links for the free cab pack. It should be working now. So, if you haven´t got it already, go for it :P

Cheers,

Till

Thanks in advance for your all hard work . I cant download your free cabs in your site , i get stucked in the basket , do i need to register first on the site? Cheers and thanks :thumbup:

• Maybe you should try to exmpty your browser cache and "buy" again...

If not, drop me a PM with you email...

Thanks very much Tyler !

with the link you sent me , worked straight away , and now i could fill the fields . dont know why i couldnt do it before , maybe something with my browser .

Cheers :thumbup::thumbup:

• Just wanted to chime in and say thank you for the cabs! The mesa 12 and 55/59 are my favorites for metal.

Does anyone have a favorite recommendations for particular amps/guitar combos?

• For me 1960 006 cab is the cab to go with most Marshalls, Do you know how the numbers in TillS cabs reflect (if they do) mic placement? And what speakers are in "mixed" cabs?

• Not sure on your first question, but from the first page of thethread regarding cabs used in mixed:

added a bunch of "mixed" cabs, using the "tonematching" method and mixing over a DAW. These are blends of speakers with different characters. Most of them are mix versions of multiple cabs as Tills 1960 006, Tills Recto 055, G12K100, Marshall 1960 with G12T75, and the Greenback cab from the Siggi Mehl amp.- added the two "lost" 1960 cabs, which were the first i ever did, just named MARSHALL V30 and MARSHALL V30 T75. These were renamed to Tills 1960 060 and Till 1960 061. Many thx to guitartone for providing them

• The numbers do not reflect any schematic or mic distance. I am not big fan of that systematic approach anymore. Actually, when doing 10 profiles like this i mostly ended up with only 2 or 3 profiles which actually sounded good. So i mostly stay around what i like as sweet spots and play around with the variables then.

• The numbers do not reflect any schematic or mic distance. I am not big fan of that systematic approach anymore. Actually, when doing 10 profiles like this i mostly ended up with only 2 or 3 profiles which actually sounded good. So i mostly stay around what i like as sweet spots and play around with the variables then.

I've been doing alot of testing with the different cabs of your pack, and would REALLY appreciate your own (I consider expert) opinion on 'go to cabs' or perhaps your favorites from each category: the 1960, the mixed cabs, the rectifier etc. Or just a smatter of your favorites. This would be a very nice gauge for me, as I've written down my favorites for each category for reference and have taken to using your cabs for many profiles to enhance the profile.

I realize each cab brings with it it's own characteristic that might work with each profile differently, but surely you have some feeling for your favorites?

• I've been doing alot of testing with the different cabs of your pack, and would REALLY appreciate your own (I consider expert) opinion on 'go to cabs' or perhaps your favorites from each category: the 1960, the mixed cabs, the rectifier etc. Or just a smatter of your favorites. This would be a very nice gauge for me, as I've written down my favorites for each category for reference and have taken to using your cabs for many profiles to enhance the profile.

I realize each cab brings with it it's own characteristic that might work with each profile differently, but surely you have some feeling for your favorites?

Did you notice there are Till's Profiles in the Kemper "Factory Rigs".
    I'm guessing he's using some of his favourite Cabinets on those Factory Rigs...

"Did you notice there are Till's Profiles in the Kemper "Factory Rigs".
    I'm guessing he's using some of his favourite Cabinets on those Factory Rigs...

I couldn't find but a few of Tills rigs on the kemper factory rigs...but of those he does use the 1960 57 I believe. In his own rigs he just has the cab listed as Marshall 1960 so not sure which one that is.