Update 19.07.2012: TillS Cabinets - 1960 V30/T75 / Mesa Recto 4 x 12 / mixed / G12H30 cabs

• Dear all,

guitarnet70 and tylerhb wrote:

Exactly what I do to manage the profile databank, I've start cleaning up the KPA and I'll leave the rest on the PC

For those interested: the backup files seem to be Unix-tar-files (tarballs). This means, you can get at the contents via a tar-program without resorting to tools like Total Commander.

E.g. tar -t xxx.kpabackup shows the list of all files in the xxx.kpabackup file.

Note that, of course, I do not encourage any tampering with the backup files, but at least on a level where files are inserted or removed into the tarball, this should be fine.

Best regards
    DrTT

• at least on a level where files are inserted or removed into the tarball, this should be fine.

Unless there is a CRC check of the backup file for integrity! If you want to copy rigs out of the backup file is one thing, but I strongly recommend not to modify anyhow those files, even a slight editing will modify the date tag of the header and could lead to a mismatch...

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Updated the cabs with some more variations. Since small changes in the mic balance and eq make big differences in the cab profile it make take some time to figure out what works best within a certain mix.

These are my favourite Kemper cabs, can't wait to try the update :)

Spence

• Till

I tried your new cabs with Uwe Bossert's JTM45.
    I can't describe what a massive difference your cabs make to Uwe's JTM45 Profiles...it's incredible how good that amp now sounds.

Thanks again.

• Damn, what crazy moron designed these Mesa Recto Oversize Cabs??? Rented one today that came in a nice sturdy roadcase. The total weight was about 65 kilos... And i had to move that fucker up the stairs alone ;( ... Time to get this "virtual" asap 8)

Nevertheless, it sounds pretty cool.

Next time is going to be only 5 kg..... :D

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• This is the opportunity to choose between many variations for most of the rigs!
    Great idea - great work - big thanks!!!
    It would be perfect if every cab/mic would be defined in it´s tag...

• This is the opportunity to choose between many variations for most of the rigs!
    Great idea - great work - big thanks!!!
    It would be perfect if every cab/mic would be defined in it´s tag...

Yeah, i would love to tag the files with some real useful information, but at the moment tagging is a real pain with out an offline edtor or keyboard support. However information about the mics alone is not really helpful. You would need precise information about the exact positions. Using more than one mic, the whole thing gets even more variables. After all the cab profiles i have done in the last days i would say that precisely recreating a special sound is nearly impossible.

Would be a cool feature if you could plug a usb webcam into the kpa and that it would automatically take a photo shot of your mic setup and store it with the profile :D

As soon as there is a comfortable method of tagging i will try to add the information in an updates version. But first i will have to a nice selection of alle those Mesa Profiles 8)

• New update online, including more 1960 profiles and a huge variety of the Mesa Recto 4 x 12. This really a was a tough job. Carrying this monster inside a road case is just pain in the ass. Miking is also more challenging than a 1960 for my taste. As with the 1960 i dont like a single SM57 too much. Most other people get great results that way, but somehow it does not work for me... Anyway .. Got some nice results by mixing the C3000 and the SM57. Check it out.

As soon as there´s a more comfortable soulution for tagging i hope to add some more details in the tags.

Now spent your sunday in making some nice combinations :P

• Thanks a lot for your lot of great works!
    It is possible in more to give us the name cab correspondance between the before update and the last update when same cab?
    :whistling: ^^ :rolleyes:

• Thanks a lot for your lot of great works!
    It is possible in more to give us the name cab correspondance between the before update and the last update when same cab?
    :whistling: ^^ :rolleyes:

When i renamed the 1960 files, i kept the numbers where possible. So "TillS 2 Mics 1" became "TillS 1960 001". The variations of Numer 17 became 17 to 21. 22 was the T75 only and 23 was "T75v30".