Powered Kemper speaker set up

• Hi all

Can the powerhead version of the Kemper run one line out, or even better two lines out (powered) to a single 1x12 or two 1x12 speaker cabinet/s and another line out (UN-powered) to 2 stereo powered desktop monitors that I use with my computer?

Also can powerhead users comment on the sound of the Class D power amp in the Kemper vs a tube power amp like the Fryette Power Station?

Thanks

Andrew

• The powerhead has only one powered output.
    But you can use all available outputs simultaneously, so a definite yes to going into powered monitors while using a guitar cab.
    A tube power amp is definitely not needed for the Profiler as all the tube amp magic is baked in the profile.

• FYI I used a variety of set ups depending upon the gig ( I have a powered rack).

I eiether use a regular 4 x 12 or unpowered monitor for backline and run direct to PA using main output and it sounds great with theright profiles.

As ingolf says, no need to add valve power, in fact it will just colour the sound unecessarily and not always for the better.

• Hi,
    as Ingolf said it has only one powered output, but you can have 2 1x12 Speakers with no problem.. The overall resistance shouldn´t go below 4 Ohms. So two 8 Ohm Cabs (in parallel) work fine. (You could drive 4 16Ohm cabs aswell).
    I use 1 or 2 1x12s depending on the size of the gig. My cab has an out (or thru) Socket where i connect the second cab.

When you go at 4 ohms, this is what the manual sais:
    At 4 ohms the wattage is electronically limited to 600 watts. If these 600 watts are exceeded the power amp is deactivated for a short moment, which causes a short dropout. It would require insane volumes to experience such dropouts. However, if you are connecting a 4-ohm cabinet, you should test it carefully to ensure that your loudest signals stay below that critical level.

Martin

• Help please
    I am a new kemper owner. I have a chance to trade my Victoria double deluxe tube amp for two Dynaudio B15a monitors. Thought anyone. I am hearing that the kemper would be better with reference monitors than a tube amp. There are no bells and whistles on the amp just pure tube tone. Any thoughts on the trade will be greatly appreciated. Apologize if I'm posting in the wrong area or forum. It's my first post. :) Thank you in advance.

Russ

Edited once, last by russ1968 ().

• Welcome.
    My advice is: Keep your amp until you're sure you're totally comfortable with the profiler.
    Check out different amplification and Monitoring solutions for it and see how you like different options.
    And don't rush it going with a 'chance for trade 'tha

Thank you for the welcome. And thank you for the advice. It's ruled out that that's a great deal go ahead and make the trade.

Cheers
    Russ