Fine tuning my tone- Help needed

• Tried that. Look back at the misrenamed thread.
    Don't rightly care any more. Can't you see that?

No. You didn't and you showed utter disrespect to the people that were trying to help you and only focused on fighting the ones who were not. The only thing you wanted with that thread was publicly winning a ridiculous battle with Kemper support team that is only in your mind. You lost. Game over.

• Why would you assume that I would even have a need to be a member. I have a broke ass KPA.

What wooould I talk about with you fine gents? Hear me?

Why is every thread you're posting to turning into something destructive?! First things first. Maybe you should work on this beforehand....

Ne travaillez jamais.

• Why is every thread you're posting to turning into something destructive?! First things first. Maybe you should work on this beforehand....

I don't think it makes much sense to try to talk sense, if you know what I mean.

Everybody should just ignore the spree. He's trying to get banned to prove a point. Which will probably happen (but I think the point will remain unproven to the sensible people here, which, thankfully is more or less everybody).

• Edit 2- or is it a combination of clipping and harsh highs?

A&H desk converters + active JBLs here:

I dont think its clipping. And yes, there are harsh highs. In a mix that might help to cut through and then it would be great.

It seems to be prominent most at the very beginning of a tone, like its pick noise. Did you try lowering the pick parameter of the amp already? If its lowest anyway try adding a parametric EQ at Stomp A and reduce about 800 Hz or 1.2 kHz. My first guess. Less definition and/or more power sag might tame that as well...

Ne travaillez jamais.

• A&H desk converters + active JBLs here:
    I dont think its clipping. And yes, there are harsh highs. In a mix that might help to cut through and then it would be great.

It seems to be prominent most at the very beginning of a tone, like its pick noise. Did you try lowering the pick parameter of the amp already? If its lowest anyway try adding a parametric EQ at Stomp A and reduce about 800 Hz or 1.2 kHz. My first guess. Less definition and/or more power sag might tame that as well...

It did sound like something was clipping in the 0 db vs the -10 db right? Or at least over compressed sounding?

• Worked on guitar volume, clips in main post.

Edit- still sounds like something is clipping?
    Edit 2- or is it a combination of clipping and harsh highs?

I would say harsh highs too. It doesn't sound like clipping to me.

I have Seth Lover pickups in my Les Paul and it sounds like TopJimi's clip thru those profiles, with more mids and less agressive highs.

I would try to fix it using amp definition and eq.

• Something about the 0db sounds like its driving too much. Maybe I am crazy or is it more EQ based cleanup?

My A&H converters are more on the forgiving side, they are slightly warm. On the other hand the JBLs get really nasty and obvious when it comes to clipping. So I am quite sure there is no clipping, but who knows...

In general tube amps can easily sound harsh, its just normal. My Hiwatt was always harsh and needed taming. Things get worse with on-axis mics. But we have the Kemper! If the basic sound of the profile is convincing (which it is!) there are so many possibilities to improve the sound.

You could try another trick: add a mono delay before the stack. Dial in about 40 ms as a starting point And something like 95% for the other. Feedback and Modulation to zero. Now increment or decrement the delay time in smallest steps and listen. No longer than say 65 ms. If using the new delays then pan the delays just slightly off-center, close to the original. There might well be a certain value of ms that "magically" cleans everything up and makes your sound warm and fat. Its actually complex EQ-ing by the means of combfiltering.

Ne travaillez jamais.

• Edit- Delay makes it sound too busy?

With settings of about 40 ms you will not here a "typical" delay at all. Its really just complex tone-shaping. When the delay-prodcued-combfilter hits the odd harmonics and supresses them its really magic. The ms-value is different from guitar to guitar.

I think its getting better with the delay! Turn up the mix closer to 50% and then try to find the best ms, please.

EDIT: just noticed a wrong advice -> delay after stack into stomp X, because we want to shape the harmonics of the amp, not the dry guitar!

• I would try and eq before the amp block to control highs before the enter into the amp and, depending on the difference between your pickups and the ones used in the clip, compensate those other eq differences.

• With settings of about 40 ms you will not here a "typical" delay at all. Its really just complex tone-shaping. When the delay-prodcued-combfilter hits the odd harmonics and supresses them its really magic. The ms-value is different from guitar to guitar.
    I think its getting better with the delay! Turn up the mix closer to 50% and then try to find the best ms, please.

EDIT: just noticed a wrong advice -> delay after stack into stomp X, because we want to shape the harmonics of the amp, not the dry guitar!

YOU ARE THE MAN! I have never had this much fun playing guitar in a LONG time!! That delay trick is the SHIT!!!! Clip at the top

Edit- By mistake I left the first delay on. So there was pre stack and post stack delay on that clip! It actually sounds killer!